KGP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Kathleen Putrah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Family run, fast growing company with lots of opportunities for growth."

Current Employee - Key Account Representative in Faribault, MN
    Current Employee - Key Account Representative in Faribault, MN

I have been working at KGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work here are amazing. They really go out of their way to make you feel like part of the team. They are a fast growing company with a long standing reputation in one of the fastest growing industries today.

Cons

Pay scale is a little on the low side but they do offer nice end of year bonuses based on your own personal contributions to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Devistating"

Current Employee - Tester in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Tester in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at KGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is manageable and it could offer good to a hard worker.

Cons

Management is irresponsible and negligent.
    The workers often group up to sabotage the job for you on purpose and the behavior is allowed.
    Turn over rate is very high for these reasons.
    You can get fired at a whim.
    You will get fired if you mess up a little, I've seen this over and over.
    You think you have a job to be able to support your family but instead you get thrown into a pit with gossiping wolves and get fired.

Advice to Management

Support all workers.
    Encourage workers instead of creating further animosity.
    Do the job, keep your agendas out of it.
    Stop rolling over good Americans and give someone a chance.

3. "Run away!"

Current Employee - Picker in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Picker in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at KGP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits start the first of each month one you get hired on and the warehouse does not require you to know how to operate any machine.

Cons

Moral is horrible, Managers are a joke, you are treated like a child and they don't care about your personal time. Hours can be long, and they will call overtime 15 minutes before you leave. No advancement, managers give you all types of lip service during the interview, you have been warned.

4. "You don't want to work for KGP"

Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Faribault, MN
    Former Employee - Buyer/Planner in Faribault, MN

I worked at KGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were a few nice people who worked there, but most don't stay long.

Cons

Very clicky in some departments. Depending on who you are, KGP's dress code isn't always followed. Lots and lots of turnover because of low pay and bad managers.

Advice to Management

There were a few good managers and more poor ones. Unfortunately, the bad managers seem to control most areas. The atmosphere is mostly one of cruelty, finger-pointing, and blaming others. People who put in extra effort, work hard, and help others out are seen as threatening to their supervisors and are treated worse than those who just show up and put in minimum effort. Management needs to reward the hard workers and pay a lot more or they'll continue to lose all of their good people.

5. "Working Conditions"

Pros

- One gets to work in different areas hence becomes knowledgeable in the same. Some of these areas include; assembly, wiring and testing, order pulling and picking, receiving, packing and shipping.

Cons

- There is no guarantee of where (either picking or pulling orders, receiving, shipping...etc) some employees would work after reporting to work. For example, one could be hired to be in AWT (Assembly, Wiring and Testing) unit, but end up in a single day moving to order picking and pulling as well as joining the assembly line which makes the order puller fail to have a proper follow up of inventory, resulting to inventory problems.

Advice to Management

- It is advisable to let each employee stick to his or her job role which they were hired to do. Sticking to one's job role ensures a proper follow up of once duties, it eliminates employee conflict on a job that was not done right, ensures employee effectiveness and an overall positive performance of the company.

6. "Work Environment"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at KGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly wasn't there long enough to uncover any hidden pros.

Cons

The work environment is very anti-social. Everyone there seemed to dislike their job, which they were very vocal about during every scheduled break.

The direct supervisors are extremely eager for you to understand all intricacies within their department without properly teaching any of these things to you.

Advice to Management

Better and longer training sessions. Less expectation to perform perfectly within a week with little training.

7. "Poor Management"

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Will not bring in product to support customers. Too many hoops to jump through. Poor management

8. "order puller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at KGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are productive management leaves you alone. Those employees willing to be productive are the last ones asked to go home early on slow days.

Cons

Hired through a temp service. Management caters to their favorites. I missed one work shift in a year. I was offered permanent status eventually. Interesting side note took management over 30 days to process background & urine test. Management reported I had a controlled substance in my results. The substance they accused me of I had not taken in 30 years. I offered to retake test. Management refused. Management offered to have me take a hair folice test with no reimbursement. I responded I had taken no illegal substances & was not willing to pay over $200 for a test. Management agreed I could continue as a temporary employee. In my opinion management used me until there summer orders were caught up & then terminated me from temporary status. I have since landed a job paying $5/hour more than KGP. FYI I went to the same lab, different facility when I retook my drug test. I passed the test & background check within 48 hours and was hired. KGP is owned by a group of women. Fine by me. They operate their business like the old soap opera "days of our lives". You have a choice to make? Spend the next 6 months to a year with a company & risk being kicked to the curb from a company willing to falsify test results. If you really need this job take it but get out in 3 or 4 months. Your call? Best of luck.

Advice to Management

Life often throws you curve balls. What appears to be a wrongful & dishonest act perpetrated on a struggling hourly employee may come back to haunt management. I'm in a much better place since leaving. I feel empowered to have a forum where the little man's voice can be heard. Power to the people. Future employees beware!

"Recieving Associate"

Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at KGP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for the work

Cons

Horrible management, seems like they only hire convicts, old equipment and computers, gets really hot in the summer with old fans that hardly work.

KGP Response

Jul 18, 2016 – Recruiter

The company is currently working on several process improvements. We are constantly seeking improvement as a part of the overall business strategy.

"Treats employees like red-headed step children."

Current Employee - Analyst in New Century, KS
    Current Employee - Analyst in New Century, KS

I have been working at KGP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO, Sick Time, Peers, Work Environment

Cons

No Process Documentation
    No Requirement Gathering
    No project management
    No testers
    Poor Management
    Poor Communication
    Poor Executives
    Cannot maintain young IT talent.
    Fires at least 2 people per week.
    If you make friends, they will fire them.
    This company is one hot mess.

Advice to Management

Stop terminating employees on a whim. Acquire young talent and stop treating them with disrespect.