KPA Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 31, 2019

3.4
Vane Clayton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good benefits for how low the pay is" (in 3 reviews)

• "Good culture, senior management team good, they invest in their employees well, flexible with schedules, good benefits" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management is largely a sycophantic collection of '80s MBA washouts waiting for retirement" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Listens to Developers"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at KPA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Uses agile effectively
    - Constantly looking for developer feedback
    - Good work/life balance

Cons

- Some legacy support on occasion

2. "Account Executive"

I have been working at KPA full-time

Pros

Great work atmosphere.
    Management team is made up of true leader- who are building their own teams up, and progressing employees on.
    Career Opportunities are available and advancement is there for those who want it.

Cons

The fast pace nature of the job could feel overwhelming to some.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Wish I could go back"

I worked at KPA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great location, fun events, benefits, some good people who are wonderful at what they do, learning opportunities everywhere. After working at another company for a while, I still think about KPA and hope to have the opportunity to work with them again.

Cons

Some of the managers in charge of others are a little too green and that causes a lot of difficulty with getting things done, mixed messages, personalities clash and most employee conflicts are not handled professionally by leadership.

Advice to Management

Develop your leaders professionally (to include soft skills) and actually listen to what the quiet ones are saying, as opposed to just telling them that you're listening.

"Growth for Growth's Sake is Just Cancer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

I worked at KPA (More than 3 years)

Pros

-If you're lucky to end up with one of their better middle managers, it can be a good place to attain some more technical skills and launch a career.
    -There's some genuinely wonderful people that work for this company and have nothing but your best interests in mind, but they're leaving in droves, either voluntarily or to make room for people that are probably lower on the pay grade.
    -Good benefits for how low the pay is.

Cons

-Get ready to make 80% of your market value!
    -Senior management is largely a sycophantic collection of '80s MBA washouts waiting for retirement. They're good at pointing fingers, demanding the impossible of their direct reports, making rhetorical quips about the "family" environment, and aren't particularly good at their jobs.
    -All about growth with none of the benefits of being in a fast growth company unless you're in sales or senior management.
    -Wild departmental double-standards in spite of all the "synergy" management speaks about.
    -Office politics x1000.
    -Absolute mess at headquarters. Can't hit sales numbers, can't collect invoices, and client cancellations are going up, but it's full steam ahead nonetheless!
    -More emphasis on buying competitors than providing good services to clients.

Advice to Management

-Slow down OR pay your employees better and get rid of the dinosaurs in management. Was a great place to work in spite of the cons until the growth got ramped up.
    -You can't win professional hockey games with minor league talent, and that's what you're asking from the people that work there, of no fault of their own.
    -If you're as much about your "Core Values" as you say you are, maybe don't take "Accountability" out of them.

"Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

I have been working at KPA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees are the reason people stay.

Cons

The Executive team, although not all of them. Leadership has a long way to go if they want to grow the company. They talk about being a fun “SAAS/Technology “company, yet they don’t let their employees make the freedom to even decorate their office space.

Advice to Management

Accept growth and change and being a leader rather than a boss. It could go a long way. Culture comes from the top down and sadly, it is no longer a priority at KPA.

"Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at KPA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KPA is a truly fantastic company. If you have an opportunity to join, I highly recommend it. The people are top notch and you would really struggle to find better people to work with. They have a great culture, benefits package, and compensation program. Everyone is a team player and is always willing to help. Managment will do anything to help you succeed and they have an open door policy that values your opinions and ideas.

They also offer one of the best training programs for a salesperson that you will go thru. They encourage work-life balance and have a great culture. There are monthly calls with the CEO so that you know what is going on in the company and where they are going. Just a fantastic organization.

Cons

No cons to think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"former employee"

I worked at KPA full-time

Pros

Interesting products, some great employees, overall strong senior management.

Cons

Think their culture is fantastic but it's only good in comparison to companies that treat employees terribly. Us and them mentality between senior management and everyone else.

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at KPA full-time

Pros

great people with lots of great ideas

Cons

pay is low for all the work that is put in

Advice to Management

get organized

Oct 2, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your review!

"Laid-off employees have no support after company take-over"

Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Lake Oswego, OR
    Former Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Lake Oswego, OR

I worked at KPA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unknown. They purchased the company I worked for.

Cons

Very difficult to contact HR. No one responded to my inquiries about COBRA until I had an inside contact go up the chain of command. I was invisible.

Advice to Management

When you take over a company, don't forget that HR is newly responsible for the consumed company's laid-off employees.

Oct 2, 2017 – HR Administrator

I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience with KPA with the acquisition. I assure you that the HR team put together proper packets for ever single person impacted by the event and it was... More

"Salary Plan is unfair to loyal employees"

Current Employee - Risk Management in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Risk Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KPA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Set your own schedule, home offices for some

Cons

Unproven new hire starting salary is higher than proven loyal staff

Advice to Management

Take care of your loyal team members who have made KPA what it is today.

Oct 2, 2017 – HR Administrator

I am sorry that you had a negative experience with the tenure you had at KPA. We strive to be fair and research wage rates in areas of our employees. Thank you for your feedback, it will help KPA... More