KSA Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at KSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere,
    Great people,
    A place that actually listens to you

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "The Best!"

I have been working at KSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay & Benefits. People. Educational Opportunities.

Cons

None. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people- ALL levels-ALL positions

3. "Core Values Say it All"

I have been working at KSA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent core values that the company lives by; unified goal for growth into the future; Open Book Management style

Cons

All of the office locations make it difficult to get together as a group; it is sometimes difficult to create relationships with staff geographically separated from you

Advice to Management

OBM was a great idea and look forward to where the new vision takes us!

4. "Interesting job"

I have been working at KSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most everyone is friendly and helpful. Always someone to answer questions.

Cons

Benefit packages could be better.

5. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Truckee, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Truckee, CA

I have been working at KSA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, great office, friendly

Cons

Great comanay to work for

6. "fine"

Pros

good place to work

Cons

hard to move up

"Excellent company with great values"

Current Employee - Aviation Planner in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Aviation Planner in McKinney, TX

I have been working at KSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

KSA has good leadership that takes pride in making sure that it's employees have the tools they need to succeed not only in their jobs, but in life outside the office. KSA has a family mentality and a focus on quality of life for their employees which creates a work environment that is second to none.

Cons

Benefits as compared to the industry average can always be improved, but compensation and support from management is excellent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "CAD Technician"

Former Employee - Architectural/Civil CAD Technician/Designer in Fairview, TX
    Former Employee - Architectural/Civil CAD Technician/Designer in Fairview, TX

I worked at KSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great base pay and excellent perks plus the ability to learn news skills.

Cons

Engineering project management could use work, schedules were too short to meet at times.

Advice to Management

Hire project managers to oversee projects not PE.

KSA Response

Apr 26, 2017 – HR Specialist

We appreciate your excellent rating of the company and service with KSA! Thank you for also taking the time to make insightful suggestions that could potentially make KSA a better operating company... More

9. "Experience varies greatly by what discipline you're in."

I worked at KSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall it seems like the guys up at the top have a lot of sense and good business skills. You'll find plenty of nice people that are pleasant to work with as well.

Cons

Where do I start? The company runs the architecture and engineering department like two separate companies that aren't subject to the same rules. The evaluations I got were ambiguous and vague. I was logging lots of unbillable time because I'd get through my work and they would have none left for me. They "heard a couple big projects were coming our way" so they hired a guy with my job title but 9 years more experience than I have and when they didn't have enough work they fired me. This company seems great if you're working on the engineering side as the architecture side is forced to use the engineering disciplines as consultants on any jobs they complete and the ones working for ksa seemed wholly incompetent and unable or unwilling to meet deadlines and as such are practically dead weight.

Additionally, soliciting information from your boss will become an exercise in divination. You can ask questions like "what sort of ballpark budget per square foot are we looking at?" and receive answers like "we don't have a signed contract so we don't really know what the money looks like". And your instruction will be to "design something and if they like it we'll run with it" but upon submitting it to your boss you'll be told things like "Those windows are way too big! They won't be able to afford that." and you'll be required to redraw elevations based on this feedback. If management were to provide a clear directive up front, proceedings would be a great deal more smooth. Nothing is clear here however, and sometimes even very direct questions receive very vague and ambiguous responses.

In sum, this company is great if you're an engineer and fosters a positive learning environment for budding engineering professionals, but avoid this company if you're an architectural professional with any skill or efficiency about you.

Advice to Management

Take notice of departments or divisions that have a large amount of unbillable time logged and really investigate it. Firing the small guys isn't really a great solution because at the end of the day its penny wise dollar foolish. Cutting a guy for tens of thousands of dollars as opposed to finding someone who can bring in the work to keep good workers busy and feeling fulfilled in their careers seems like a brighter choice. Especially considering when the additional work could potentially earn ten to thirty times the amount you've saved by cutting the person. I think you also re-evaluate who is supposed to be bringing in new work and how well they're doing it. I think more accountability within your firm and more of that common sense we see at the top trickling its way down into middle management is how you'll compete with nationwide firms. Good luck.

10. "Bright Future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

I have been working at KSA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Poised for growth. Generous leaders. Focused on developing their employees for the next step in their career.

Cons

None. Continue to focus on increasing the skills of the employees.

Advice to Management

Bonuses are VERY appreciated.