Keystrokes Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lee Tkachuk

1. "I have a great account and plenty of work"

Current Employee - MLS in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - MLS in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Always have work and if my account runs out, they give me more.

Cons

Pay has been late a few times.

Advice to Management

More personal communication - letting employees know they are doing a good job.

2. "Transcriptionist"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at Keystrokes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work remotely from your home.

Cons

Low pay, expensive health insurance

Advice to Management

Pay your employees on time, not 5 days' past your pay date.

3. "Use Caution"

I have been working at Keystrokes part-time

Pros

Easy platform, great accounts. Leaves you alone to do your job.

Cons

Pay has been late 4 times in less than a year with little, no, or last minute communication.

Advice to Management

Pay us on time, communicate better, respond to emails.

5. "Transcriptionist"

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I have been working at Keystrokes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work when they are busy.

Cons

Pay has been late since last October with no notification for this last one. Management is horrible and very unfriendly. Do not respect MTs and there is a lot of turnover. Do not hold up to their end of the agreement. Cannot make sure they have calculated lines correctly to know if they pay correctly. No communication except for when they want you to work past your time. Pay sucks, barely minimum wage. No raises.

Advice to Management

Care about the MTs and pay on time. You get what you give.

6. "Transcriptionist"

I have been working at Keystrokes full-time

Pros

The department lead and office staff are great.

Cons

Pay has been late and paydays moved without any notice 8 times in 2016 and many times in years prior to 2016. The required lines is difficult to meet because of the platform you don't get paid until the cases are signed out, so if lines that you typed are moved, changed, deleted or cut and paste back into the report by another typist or MD, then you don't get paid for typing them.

Advice to Management

Pay employees on payday and be considerate enough to send a notice in advance when you are moving paydays. Telling us November 20, 2016 payday that you were moving our payday to the 25, which would make it 5 days late, no money for Thanksgiving groceries, and leave us with only two paydays instead of three before Christmas is a low as you can go. Shame on you!!

"Pathology"

Current Employee - Pathology Transcription in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pathology Transcription in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keystrokes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are overall very nice and easy to work with without ridiculous work standards (such as having to make 40 hours when only given 25 hours worth of work, etc., reach 100% accuracy but be unable to to double check the QA).

Cons

Payment late, very poor. Unable to verify lines/time to double check pay. Poor health insurance, very expensive and late to start (waited 5 months).

Advice to Management

Fair pay for fair work, the MTs are meeting their obligations, you should meet yours, and be transparent as far as line counts/etc.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist

I worked at Keystrokes part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They were a great company to work for. Very competitive wages and the supervisors were very understanding.

Cons

Lack of work on occasion

Advice to Management

Management did a great job of communicating and keeping all of us in the loop

"Transcriptionist Position"

I have been working at Keystrokes full-time

Pros

Very supportive staff. QA is not nit-picking.

Cons

There is far too much hands off he keyboard time. A lot of my accounts are push a button and fill in the blanks. Then it takes the computer a while to catch up with all the button pushing to fill the blanks in. It is a slow process and cuts down on line count. I have worked there since February (it's June now) and I still haven't gotten up to the expected line count. And I'm fast, accurate transcriptionist, so it is just all the hands-off time.

Advice to Management

Try to find more accounts with straight typing.

"Transcriptionist"

Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Keystrokes part-time

Pros

Work at home. Really no other pros as they are as good or worse than other transcription company.

Cons

Poor communication. In fact, no communication unless you do something wrong then it's just don't do it again or else. Training was a joke. Then there are the bulk emails of warning when someone else messes up even though you, yourself, have never made that mistake. Communication between transcriptionists is frowned upon and you will get told not to do it if caught. Moody management. Takes on customers with antiquated slow software but blames the transcriptionist for being slow despite that same transcriptionist being faster than required on more up-to-date fast software from another customer. If your manager doesn't like you, say because you called them out on something, and you are forever going to be on their "don't like" list, you get the worst assignments. Their favorite transcriptionists are allowed to cherry pick. I am currently looking to get out of this business with the soon to be implemented higher minimum wage. Companies like this one, M-Modal, Nuance, etc. will all require their transcriptionists to produce more per hour rather than pay more per line/report just like they did every time minimum wage has been raised in the recent past. At the proposed $15 per hour, even working at some place like McDonald's would be better than working here.

Advice to Management

Treat your transcriptionists like real people instead of numbers even if you don't like them. If a rule is broken, don't play favorites. Be professional, get rid of the moodiness.

"Unhealthy environment"

I worked at Keystrokes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a handful of people that are genuinely decent, and they made working there tolerable.

Cons

Overall, a fairly poisonous place to work. Upper management is all family, some of whom are not qualified for the positions they hold. The owner is subject to literal screaming fits, so everyone is constantly walking on eggshells. The transcription industry is slowly dying, and this adds stress to an already difficult workplace.

Advice to Management

Sell. Get out while you can.