Keywee Reviews

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Found 41 of over 42 reviews

4.0
Keywee CEO Yaniv Makover (no image)
Yaniv Makover

57 Comments

Tech

207.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Keywee~1939519
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "You work at a fast pace environment and learn a lot.(in 4 reviews)
  • "knit team who are always willing to help(in 4 reviews)
  • "Nice people.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A human on a team, not a cog in a machine.

Aug 22, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The product is very impressive. Within months I am working with top publishers. -Office culture is great. We often lunch together, and everyone is super helpful. -Management is interested in our growth both as employees and as humans. They really take the time to explain how things work, rather than only teaching us what to do.

Cons

-This is not a job where you can succeed through mundane repetitive tasks. Keywee balances your daily tasks with four months of learning about the industry and our product, which is great for those looking to grow their careers (but not necessarily for those only looking for a paycheck).

8 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Enjoyable Experience

Dec 3, 2021 - Junior Copywriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Pleasant, social work environment - Work is engaging and encourages creativity - Fun, stimulating workplace culture and kind employees

Cons

- Often a high-pressure environment on individuals which distracts from team-building/productive collaboration

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company/People/Tech, Bad Work-Life Balance

May 27, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to work with the best publishers/brands in the world.

Cons

Work-life balance can be tough.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Quite possibly the worst work environment one could work in, delusional leadership”

Mar 23, 2020 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Basically none They let me go to the gym during lunch

Cons

Virtually everything - Mismanaged by delusional leadership - Both CEO and COO are at best terrible people and a worst committing fraud - Heard stories of the CEO A/B testing the snacks… The Snacks (and not to see which were good, to see if employees deserved them) - CEO is incapable of running sales driven organization, watched entire sales team quit or encourage themselves be fired, unbeknownst to leadership - Overheard leadership catch wind of employee who wanted to quit and fired him instead, as a sign of "Power" - CCO believes he's smarter than everyone else in the building, has no idea that all are aware of his fake smiles and obvious manipulation - apparently University of Arizona is a good school now - Deep seeded and obvious Israeli favoritism - Mind blowingly difficult to work with Israeli workers in office as they are on different time frame and have conflicting goals with US workers - Business model is inherently flawed and company is doomed to fail - Newly released product was in production for 2-years and provides no value Warning: They do not pay or intend to pay salaries that are signed on day 1. Will change your entire pay structure at will. Watched this happen to my colleagues on several occasions. Have heard rumors of multiple lawsuits around the industry. This is where careers go to die

8 people found this review helpful

Keywee Response

We are sorry that these are the only things you remember from your time at Keywee. We’d like to avoid publicly discussing the details that led to your resignation, but as suggested before, we would be happy to discuss further in person. Nevertheless, we take any feedback we receive, positive or negative, seriously. We will take the needed actions to improve regardless. We wish you good luck and much success.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Learn, perform, and generate recognized value!

Oct 4, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Keywee offers a great product that delivers serious results, very close relationship with managers and peers within the department, and a fantastic opportunity to learn more than most CSMs elsewhere in a very short period of time. There's an exposure to digital marketing for the CSMs that leads to an almost unparalleled understanding of the ins and outs of Facebook's marketing platform - this sounds specific, but it's VERY valuable. It's a part of one of their mottos, but to reiterate, this is a position that allows you to grow within your team and enter positions you may never have thought you'd be interested in. The catch here is that you must strongly demonstrate that interest.

Cons

The standard operating procedures of tasks for the CSM can vary widely between manager. This means that you might not know that you've done something wrong until it is way too late. This lends itself to a more general trend of winging it for different tasks, and it can be difficult to get a consistent answer to various questions.

6. 5.0

Sales

Aug 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A proven product that works exceptionally well. You get to work closely with several departments and also act as your own business person within the org.

Cons

We'll need a bigger office soon.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great place to grow fast

May 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Learning the business from top to bottom - Working with amazing customers - top-tier publishers and brands - Working with super interesting technology - Great team to work with - Potential to grow and gain responsibility fast

Cons

- Hard work - rewarding but only for those who are willing to put in the effort

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good tech, smart people, worst place I’ve ever worked

Jun 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Technology is innovative and gives strong results that keep clients coming back.

Cons

It’s clear that the positive reviews were made or encouraged by upward management (even the language sounds like the CEO). Low compensation compared to other companies. They do not invest time or effort into employee satisfaction. Very “burn and churn” environment. Not a single person I know received their full bonus because the goals set up are unrealistic based on accounts assigned and managed. Work - life balance is non-existent. It’s all about putting in long hours, and you feel the tension in the room when you leave any time before 7 pm (after a strict and required 8:30 am, latest, start) — people in management would purposefully not say goodbye back to you if you left “early”. Taking vacation and sicks days is uncomfortable due to lack of flexibility. Little to no training plan, and everyone’s too busy to train properly. Technology could be improved to be less manual. Very judgmental and inflexible management (aside from 1 person). Also, everyone is micro-managed and the smallest mistakes are blown out of proportion and you’re met with aggressiveness vs. a shared goal of fixing the problem and ensuring it didn’t happen again in the future. The canned response about “growing together” that I am sure I’ll also receive for this negative review is also not believable as they don’t care about their employees and upward management dictates your every move vs. allowing you to grow, learn, think and make any sort of real decisions for yourself related to your work, and even how you spend your free time (since working weekends and all nighters are not rare). Technology could be made less manual and more automatic.

13 people found this review helpful

Keywee Response

VP People

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback, we really appreciate it. Keywee is a young startup and as such, we have definitely made our share of mistakes and experienced growing pains along the way. In the past few months we listened hard to employee feedback, such as yours, and we’ve been making significant changes and improvements across the company to address issues like employee churn and work-life balance. We’re also getting better at communicating the challenges (and opportunities) of the Customer Success role to candidates during the interview process, so that expectations are clear from the get-go. Among the changes we made are substantial investment in people & culture. We hired a brand new People team (myself included), and are putting a lot of thought and effort into wellness programs, employee development, and management training. We also hired a new VP Finance, who’s improving our compensation, bonus structures, and goal setting processes. There are definitely growing pains, and I’m sorry to hear you were stuck in the middle of them. Thanks again for taking the time to submit your feedback, and if you have additional thoughts I’d love to connect offline - neri@keywee.co. Lastly, we’re glad to read about your assessment of Keywee’s product as innovative and valuable to our customers, which is something we pride ourselves on.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast-moving startup, lots of opportunity for personal growth

Apr 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- We have a truly collaborative culture - there's tons of opportunity to both learn and teach - The fast pace means an awesome amount of responsibility and growth for each team member - there's no bureaucracy or "red tape" involved - There's a real focus on personal growth and education - We have a get-things-done atmosphere, which motivates the team and allows us to see amazing results quickly - The product is super interesting and in a quickly evolving space

Cons

As with any startup, your schedule can sometimes be unpredictable

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Smart, creative environment & team

Apr 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Super smart team with a ton of talent & knowledge they're willing to share - A lot of responsibility soon after you start, you'll hit the ground running right away - Open and creative environment, you're encouraged to try out your own ideas

Cons

- As the company continues to grow, so does our structure and processes which are a work in progress. If you're looking for a lot of structure from day 1, this may not be the best fit for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews

Keywee Reviews FAQs

Keywee has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 42 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Keywee to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Keywee employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Keywee. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

74% of Keywee employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Keywee 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Keywee to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Keywee Job Seekers