Kforce Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Kforce Chairman and CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There's great work-life balance with the ability to flex my hours or work remote when needed" (in 37 reviews)

• "Good hours and great people to work with" (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance isnt the best" (in 47 reviews)

• "long hours - can be hard work because you are dealing with people a lot and people are unpredictable - constantly putting out fires" (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Kforce - a Family at work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kforce has a ISS department specializing in VISA sponsorship. Kforce holds the 3rd most VISAs in the nation passing Google. This opens up an enormous talent pool almost no other agencies have access to. also leading the nation in green card processing to set us apart from other staffing agencies.

The leadership which is in place at Kforce is top notch. When you join the family, the leaders immediately start working on your career trajectory roadmap. They truly listen to where you envision yourself in the late stages of your career, and come up with tangible building blocks, elevating you until you reach that point and beyond.
    Kforce gives you everything you need to be successful. You can make as much money as you put into it. 60+ offices across the nation which interface with each other frequently, opens the doors to endless possibilities (70% of fortune 100 are clients). If I find a top talent that desires a job in any area of the US... I can help them get a job there. Every call you make, you have the ability to be a great resource for the individual.

Also, with 60+ offices nationwide... if you or a spouse needs to relocate to a different city, most likely kforce has an office close by which you can transfer to.

Fun work culture in office with numerous out of office team building events.
    Flexibility in the workspace as well. Our leaders are understanding of personal situations, and our business allows you to be productive while out of office.

I moved to my office from a city across the nation, new to this area, and have found a family who I am excited to go in the office and see on a daily basis. We also have a blast out of office as well. All of our clients love and respect us. We have an outstanding footprint in the staffing industry with proven data to support our sales efforts. Its corny to follow the slogan, but I truly love who I work with and who I serve for clients.

Cons

they restructured the commission % split to encourage longevity of internal workforce. It has made a big difference from the previous model (jealous I didn't have the structure when I joined), but for most, it does take 6+ months to really start making solid commission checks, especially in CA with the 43% commission tax.

outside of ramping commissions.... the resources we have as an enterprise, outweigh the split we get on each deal. Kforce offers so many differentiating resources to set you up for success, that you close way more deals than possible with other agencies who pay slightly more for each closed deal.

Advice to Management

easier access to cross submittal opportunities with vertical accounts maybe. Everyone will always want more money too... but that's why we are hungry and in this business never satisfied with our take home today. Don't get it twisted either, I make a very very healthy living with the amount of time I put into my craft.

Feb 22, 2019 – Director

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave this thoughtful, detailed review of your experience as part of our Kforce family. It helps people visiting our Glassdoor page get... More

2. "I had an excellent experience at Kfoce. They are very professional."

Pros

They find high-paying assignments quickly

Cons

Nothing. I loved my time with kforce.

"The Best People"

Current Employee - Market Manager
    Current Employee - Market Manager

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leaders truly care about their people and helping them succeed
    Positive culture with lots of passionate, energetic and fun employees
    Office environment very supportive, team-oriented
    Lots of training opportunities, both when onboarding and on the job
    Truly are rewarded and recognized for your success on an office level and nationally
    National company with opportunities to transfer offices
    Chance to get promoted faster than at some companies if you are a rockstar
    Schedule flexibility and work/life balance once you prove yourself
    No micromanagers

Cons

Working a sales/recruiting job can be hard work
    Face a lot of rejection from clients

Advice to Management

Reevaluate benefits package to try and attract even better talent. Would love to see Kforce be a leader in family leave policy, etc.
    Investing in marketing is probably necessary to compete with other large recruiting firms.

4. "System access administrator"

I have been working at Kforce full-time

Pros

Their helpful and great at keeping you informed

Cons

Only con was when my first live paycheck was delayed because address confusion, other than that great agency

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Senior Automation Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Automation Engineer

I worked at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked working with KForce. The reason I moved out is due to location constraint.

Cons

Pay rate is less compare to others

"Love my job and company!!"

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent flexibility, fun culture and rewarding work!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Have been here for a long time and wouldn't change a thing!

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review! We’re thrilled to hear that you love your career with Kforce.
    – Paige

"Solid organization with framework for continued professional growth and personal development"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Madison, WI

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Financially stable organization with great opportunity for those interested in a sales career where you can impact lives of candidates, clients and colleagues.
    Tools and technology allow sales/recruiters to focus on business relationships and business development
    Continues to invest in employees
    Reasonable work life balance
    Limitless opportunities to learn and expand knowledge
    Great incentives for high performers
    Entrepreneurial attitude encouraged

Cons

Significant documentation which prohibits production/positive activity

Advice to Management

Tailor incentive programs for both recruiting and sales teams as separate groups.

Mar 19, 2019

We know your workday is busy, so thank you for leaving a thoughtful review! We’re glad to see that you’re enjoying all that Kforce has to offer. We take pride in our culture and the employee... More

"Kforce checks all the boxes!"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Transparent & supportive leadership - C-level to Market-level
    -Strong infrastructure to support new Client Reps & Recruiters, with helpful teammates who are always willing to lend a hand
    -Fun office culture with internal competitions and team building activities outside of the office
    -The ability to make your own success - how much you put in, you get out ten-fold!

Cons

Not specific to Kforce, but staffing industry in general, there is a 6-12+ month ramp up period for new associates. Successful associates need a high level of grit and determination!

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We do our best to instill our culture and values in all aspects of our business. We’re glad to hear that you’re experiencing strong leadership... More

"Internal Employee Review"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Director
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Director

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kforce really values customer service and a great experience for clients, consultants, and internal employees. I've truly felt an amazing amount of support in my several years at Kforce in both my professional and personal growth and goals. I've felt very valued and like what I do really matters. It's truly a great culture that has kept me here for so long.

Cons

Kforce does not provide a good maternity leave plan for it's employees. There is a lot of improvement to be done with that.

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review Kforce. We appreciate your input! We place emphasis on providing a great company culture, and we’re happy to hear you’re experiencing it first hand.

"Solid company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strategic relationships building with it's customers are next to none. Company culture is phenomenal and committed to you.

Cons

Company pays well below industry standards

Mar 19, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your career and our company culture.