Kforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.4

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kforce (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

From the moment I walked in the door I could tell I did not get the job. My interviewer looked me up and down with a face of disgust. I have never felt so discriminated and unwelcomed during an interview process. She barely asked any questions and any time I answered something she was very condescending and rude. She twisted all my answers around with an incredibly snarky tone and just threw them back in my face. I was under the impression that I was to meet with another manager however that did not happen. After the job shadowing process she abruptly cut that to an end and didn’t even let me ask any more questions. I had hoped we would be able to discuss how the job shadowing went however I was quickly rushed out of the building as if I had done something wrong. This has been the absolute worst interview process I have ever been through and the biggest waste of my time. It was clear I did not have the job just from the first look she gave me (I dressed incredibly professional, I don’t have tattoos or piercings so I have no idea how I could have immediately turned her off). I had so much more I wanted to express and share after the job shadowing process which I thought went well but clearly it did not matter because she had already decided I did not get the job. I don't understand why this one person clearly did not want me there. Everyone else seemed to think I had the job was just overwhelming positive and friendly. And to top things off I was even sought out after a recruiter, I did not go out of my way to apply for this job but someone there thought I would be a good fit. Everyone acted like I had the job for weeks now. Again, I have never felt so discriminated and unwelcome to a job in my entire life. I have had bad interviews before but I have never had someone be so rude to me during an interview and after. I am beyond disgusted with this company.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by physical in-person with the hiring manager. Afterwards received no feedback or answers to emails by previously responsive recruiter. Was a waste of time, and there was no clear evidence that a real position was open. Ghosting is extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Are you more suited for client facing, or back end responsibilities   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kforce (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

They were the recruiter for American Family insurance. I never applied to them or American Family, they found my resume online and contacted me. They are RUDE. I told them to send me the information on the position and they did. I was getting 4/5 calls and 4/5 emails a day from them constantly pestering me to do an interview with American Family and asking me various questions they should have asked in the initial phone interview. Once I decided the location/job was not for me, they acted childish and sent a very unprofessional email back to me

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kforce (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, then the Account Manager from recruiting and sales, shadowed a current employer and then met from two employees from sales. Overall, the company culture was great, but they were very unclear and uncertain about offering a job. I was promised a call from their office manager, but it never happened. Follow up was very spotty.

Interview Questions

• What valuable assets would you bring to the team dynamic?   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

First phone interview and then took an assessment. Then went in to meet marketing VP but met recruiting team manager. Seemed to go well. Got called for a third interview and was told it would be 'panel', but it was just with the VP. He was the most arrogant person I've ever met. He was answering emails and wouldn't make eye contact. He ended the interview in about thirty minutes. I was contacted by recruiter who stated VP didn't see me a good fit for the position. Interesting that three others did and their assessment proved it, but he disagreed.

Interview Questions

• If Kforce were to fall off the face of the planet what would you do?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

Hiring Manager drop out a message on Linked-In . I gave him a call and we had a 30 min phone call interview and send him a Resume . Never received any follow up. I reached out thrice to get some type of status, NO RESPONSE. I find it unprofessional not to follow up with your candidates. A little communication would have gone a long way.

Interview Questions

• What is the work authorization visa status ?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

1st contacted by the recruiter, then phone interview then face to face interview. I was selected and offered the position. I accepted and began onboarding process. Completed application, drug screen, fingerprinting and I-9. Still waiting on background check to clear as well as employment verification.

Level I NOC Linux Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kforce (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

This was a part time entry level 6 month contract position through HP using their systems and office space. I did appreciate my headhunter and the gentleman at the front entrance who introduced me to the company, and described the overall expansion through HP’s many partnerships as well as the many different avenues you can go down with HPI. Job skills really weren’t anything to aspire to, I guess I expected more out of a desk job where everything you are tasked with is all solved through a digital “playbook” as they call it and not through your own initiative or skill, as well as various other references like Google and Internet forums. Maybe I was expecting more of a mid-level System Administrator role but I digress. The two lead NOC employees didn’t even seem like they enjoyed what they do. They were very unenthused and constantly put down the position. When I asked if there would be any scripting or deep terminal knowledge, all they said I needed to know was how to change directories. This really put me off, it’s almost like they were making an effort to scare off potential interviewees to hold out for something else. What bothered me most was the entire panel of three, and their professionalism through the entire interview process. From the moment they entered the room I felt unwanted and and like I was wasting their time that they could be using with other work duties. I was not given a handshake by the two lead supports, was very over dressed in a a tie and button down compared to jeans and a collared shirt, and I didn’t feel as if I wanted to be around these people for hours a day. They did apologize for being on their laptops and typing frivolously through the whole thing, but I wondered why they didn’t get more involved with eye contact and questioning. Questions quickly went from casual upbeat questions, to 5-star esoteric personal ones designed to trip you up. These were all listed on a piece of paper given to them and mandated by the HR department. While these are becoming more common, they focused more on trying to undermine me rather than get to know me more on an ethical aspect. They really got me on the negative qualities question as I certainly shot myself in the foot. It is the sole reason why they took some time to get back to my job recruiter so I could get a response on whether I fulfilled their requirements. Even though I knew full-well what was going to happen, I knew it probably was for a reason and that I need to move to bigger and better things. I was certainly ill-prepared and was not prepared for these questions (neither was my headhunter) true, but I will look back on this as a valuable learning experience. This will only give me the armor to take on other tough questions in the future. I think my problem was the other interviews I’ve had in the past (not just for IT) were not as in depth or Human Resources esque in nature. I have not worked for large corporations of 1,000+ employees before so it was a little daunting. I would not discourage KForce at all, I would simply warn for what you are getting into regardless of position. There are definitely folks that do not appreciate people over-qualified for a position. If the tables were flipped on them, I don’t think they would be as alert and respond with pinpoint accuracy and perfection.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Is computer hardware and PC building a hobby of yours?   1 Answer
    • How would a manager describe you?   Answer Question
    • How would a friend or coworker describe you?   Answer Question
    • What are some negative qualities about you?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Is the graveyard shift going to be an issue?   1 Answer
    • What is the earliest you could come into work?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a little about what your Linux setup looks like at home?   1 Answer
    • What would you like to see out of a boss or manager?   Answer Question
    • Do you react well to job environments that go from very slow to fast paced?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

very unfriendly and rude. No professionalism. The whole process is unreal. Not sure why they are in business. It must be a store front. It takes them a long time to follow up and when they do, the whole experience is unfriendly and unprofessional

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kforce.

Interview

The interview process is pretty long and drawn out. They want you to meet with literally everyone on the team, even the people that they don't need you to meet because they want to have "group buy in"

Interview Questions

• Explain a tough situation you had to encounter while you were recruiting   Answer Question