Krypton Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Suresh Patel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Very friendly and relaxed enviornment"

Former Employee - Package Handler in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Plano, TX

I worked at Krypton Solutions part-time

Pros

Coworkers, friendly, supportive, and approachable.

Cons

Not enough variety in the work I was given, granted I was there for a few months.

"Honestly the best company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No company is perfect, but I felt as soon as I was hired that Krypton was trying to look out for me. They offer a 401K after the first year. and they offer basic Medical right off the bat. I interviewed directly with the CEO, and he has always impressed me with his knowledge and energy for the electronics business. I was looking for a career, and I ended up finding an extended family of a sorts. Krypton has been the best company I have ever worked for...but this is based solely on my personal experiences and belief.

Cons

No news is good news. Infrequent job overview by management (too busy) unless a major infraction occurs. It is hard to improve when you don't know where you are lacking in some cases.

Advice to Management

Yearly employee reviews need to be implemented and kept up, not just for the management's sake, but also for employees.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Plano, TX

Pros

pros & cons mixed together:
    In reviewing these inputs, especially the negative ones; I only hope anyone reading them would be able to see inconsistent and very unreliable justification for their negativity. There are so many other criteria to consider when choosing an organization to interview with other than commentary like this forum. I never even knew this forum existed; but having looked it over some commentary has simply gone too far ridiculous.
     Drug testing? Don’t do drugs and no matter how many times you’re tested it doesn’t matter. There is too much to loose with that scene anyway both for the employee and the employer.
    Not happy with the pay? Don’t accept the offer. Doesn’t meet your expectations? Consider that it works both ways; perhaps you didn’t meet the company’s expectations. Right to work State. Matter of fact. A protective law that works for both the employee and the employer. Bothered by high mix of ethnic groups, grow up. Enjoy and learn. Basically the priorities of earning a living, providing for a family and an earnest desire to do a good job crosses all ethnic boundaries and Krypton Solutions is the best example I’ve ever seen in 40+ years in the work force.
    I’ve worked in Fortune 100, 500, and small manufacturing companies. All of it has been technical, most all of it in production 24x7 environments, and have done management in these companies as well. This is the best I’ve ever worked for the following reasons. Very flat management layering, everyone on the floor from the CEO to each individual contributor. Don’t worry about open door policies, there are no doors. The management doesn’t just give lip service to their convictions like in the more established big companies. They just don’t echo the latest ‘progressive politically correct human resource gimmick’; they back up their convictions and can be trusted. I’ve have not witnessed the parades of political drama that go on in other companies I’ve been associated with. That’s why it pains me to read some of the comments. I’ve witnessed empathy almost to a fault in management’s effort to work with and help employees. They truly understand and believe the success of their employee’s translates into the success of their company. There are no golden parachute players here.
    Not happy with the insurance package? Wake up! Insurance packages are being directed by our fearless leaders in Washington who seem to know what we really need, how much to pay, and what we should buy. And if you or the company doesn’t like it; the punitive charges will almost make you want to just go on the dole. I have some insight into these costs to other companies and the smaller ones you would think the government wants to put out of business. Krypton has done a good job in tight times to offer its employee’s the best good faith deal they could. They are not here to provide someone a meal ticket and life security; they’re here to develop a robust company endeavor high in customer satisfaction going above and beyond continually. And are more than willing to share the rewards of those successes with those who wish to join; not just show up.
    Krypton put’s it money where its mouth is in its technology, people talent, and vision for the future; and they are positioned to succeed. Sure you may be able to sell your talents to a higher bidder. Go for it, do it now! If it was so easy to do in today’s economy; why did you interview and accept here in the first place? Don’t spread poison all over the floor and infect others with your frustration. They do the bonuses annually and when the money in the kitty is greater the bonuses will be also, based upon capital investment plans, performance of the individual and the company.
    Something has happened over the past 20 years it seems, at least to some degree. The work ethic seems to have transitioned to expecting a country club; when all parties are supposed to be here to earn money and provide for what they need and want now and into the future. We all work in some form of indentured service people. We exchange a large portion of our life in time and effort in order to earn what we need. Find what works for you. This place works for me now and I hope into the future. But if life takes me in another direction, there it is. I will have the satisfaction that I worked where I could make a difference, make a contribution, be respected for my work, and enjoy it too. Warning to the country clubbers. There is no place to hide here like the bigger companies.

Cons

see the pro's con's section above..

Advice to Management

: Keep up the good ethical work that you do. You got a great formula. If any constructive criticism could be offered it would be to perhaps shorten your patience a little with marginal performance.

"Believe the reviews written by former employees than current employees."

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is more negative to say about this company than positive

Cons

I am pretty much in agreement with what former employees have said about this company and it's policy. You may start seeing great reviews from current employees after this review since we (employees) have received numerous e-mails from IT department requesting to write good reviews. It would be un-ethical for HR to make such a request so HR has been using other avenue requesting to write good/positive reviews about Krypton on Glassdoor. I think that defeats the purpose of letting future prospective employees to know about the company and its management before accepting an offer.

Please read ALL reviews before making decision to join this company. I am looking for a job and about to leave this company as I do not see a good future for this company.

Advice to Management

Start implementing excellent suggestions made by former employees. The reviews from former employees are more credible than reviews written by current employees since former employees do not have to worry about keeping job at Krypton !!!!

"No yearly performance review since no pay raise regardless of your job performance."

Current Employee - Test Technician in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Test Technician in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company if you cannot find job somewhere else !!. Free monthly lunch as part of your "NO PAY RAISE."

Cons

* Company officially observes 6 paid holidays compared to 10 holidays observed my majority of companies in United States

* HR claims that company observes some Indian holidays like Diwali and Hindu New Year, but the company still remains opens on these holidays

* Claims made in other reviews about "NO PAY RAISE" is true. Not all employees get performance review every year and almost no pay raise since the excuse is --company is small and not doing well financially.

* Company use financial hardship excuse every year to get rid of employees which HR label them as "TOXIC EMPLOYEES". Toxic employees are the one that were not get rid off by drug testing.

Advice to Management

Implement very good suggestions made by former employees in previously written reviews before you expect current employees to write good reviews. Good reviews come from within the heart of employees and not by simply asking.

"Won't get rich, but you'll love it!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Krypton Solutions full-time

Pros

Great overall atmosphere, the management actively keeps the work environment fresh and beneficial for all employees. Good team building exercise (Soccer on Fridays) and lunch with the president every month.

Cons

Pay is industry standard, not spectacular but expected.

Advice to Management

Stay sexy, Suresh.

"Not a great company when it comes to benefits. There are other PC Board companies in metro that pays better benefits"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great if you love this company more than your family. You will be working 10 hours a day if you are on salary since you will get fixed income every month and will not be eligible for an overtime pay.

Cons

- This company is best known for letting employees go at any time with or without cause or notice. The HR would not give anything in writing when they layoff employees. (refer to Krypton Solutions Employee Handbook, page 6).
    - The company observe ONLY 6 holidays in a year as per mentioned on page 18 of Krypton Solutions Employee Handbook.
    - Only one week vacation for first three years of full-time employment
    - No work/life balance for salaried employees
    - Salaried employees are required to work 10 to 12 hours/day ( 50 - 60 hours/week).
    - All employees including salaried employees get only 30 minutes lunch break. Two 10 minute breaks.

Advice to Management

Request for better pay and benefits. Consider giving pay raise to employees every year and not once in a three year.

Krypton Solutions Response

Jan 27, 2015 – HR Director

Krypton Solutions is best known for providing our customers with the best products and turn time than any others. Texas labor laws state employment is at-will, meaning Krypton Solutions can terminate... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Network Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Network Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Krypton Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible when it comes to taking care of personal business, within reason of course. Leadership is really good as as I am concerned, I have been with this company over 2.5 years and have moved up. The owners in the company are doing a great job, trying their best to keep this company going strong. They and the management always have new plans to make sure we produce quality products, and make sure people are as happy as they can be. The company has grown a lot in the last several years, it's going though some "growing pains" meaning it still has to try and maintain that small company feel though its pushing 130 people now; I think they are doing a great job. Benefits could be better and cost less, but this would come at the expense of pay and other things. There is a pool table in the break room, and I have seen people abuse their breaks this is why they have gotten stricter in the last year or so. I'm not sure why people are lying in other reviews. No one got a raise last year because the company didn't do well, but every one got a raise in 2012, and bonuses at the end of the year. And everyone who works here and isn't a US citizen has or is working toward getting their legal citizenship, many have since I have been here. I also have not seen anyone fired for no good reason. They actively try not to let people go, they most certainly will if they are doing a bad job. Over all this is be best place I have ever worked for. They also offer a 401k.

I have not seen people act as human cameras, most keep a watchful eye because they need to maintain a certain clean environment, and must maintain other criteria to maintain our certifications so that the company can stay in business. Krypton gets audited several times a year.

Cons

I can't think of many cons to working at this company, at least for me. I would like more than one week vacation after a couple years. One week in your first year is good but after that a little more would be nice. Benefits could be a bit cheaper but at the expense of what. It would be hard for many people to be promoted mostly because people don't leave often for other jobs and the management positions are all full. This is the case with smaller companies.

Advice to Management

One thing would be to get employees engaged more with each other, team building, and maybe some things after hours for people to attend. There sometimes is this "us and them" attitude with management and the rest of the company, it would be nice to see this line blur a little, with in reason. Other than that keep on doing it, I am excited for where this company could be in a few more years or more.

"Privately owned company with poor employee benefits and no work/life balance"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at Krypton Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No promotions for new employees since it is a very small company. Continue what you have been asked to do without any future promotion.

Cons

The small companies often do not offer good benefits to their employees and this is one of them. I would recommend this company if you are seeking position on an hourly pay and not fixed salary. Salaried employees are required to work more than 50 hours per week so negotiate your salary based on 60 hours/week instead of 40 hours/week.

- The company offers one week vacation for first three years of full time employment

- There is no work/life balance for salaried employees. On the other hand, hourly employees have freedom to take off from work without pay.

- Very expensive HMO health insurance through United Healthcare and an expensive dental PPO insurance. The cheap HMO dental insurance is offered through Guardian with very few GOOD doctors in the network. The chances you will continue see your current dentist are very slim.

Advice to Management

I see very good future for this company if certain things can be changed

1. Provide excellent health coverage (very low deductibles, low out-of-pocket expense, very low monthly premium) to all of your employees as they are future of the company. Workers remain healthy must be the top priority of any company. Sick employees mean sick (unprofitable) company and healthy employees mean healthy (profitable) company.

2. Judge every employee without any bias and do not listen to only few of your favorites as they can be feeding you wrong information

3. Two week vacation from 2-5 years of service would be appropriate for work/life balance

4. Set minimum salary for any engineering position in the company to be around 70K per year. Engineers are back bone of the company. Excellent engineering work means less rework and happy customers.

Krypton Solutions Response

Sep 29, 2014 – HR Director

As stated in the review, Krypton Solutions is a small company and thus we have a difficult time getting better group rates as the larger companies for insurance. We do our best to give all of our... More

10. "Most terrible company in big Texas."

Former Employee - Assembler in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Assembler in Plano, TX

I worked at Krypton Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bakwas Company. Bakwas company. Terrible Terible.

Cons

Clear Discriminations. Run by Terrible Brothers

Advice to Management

If U R unenemolyed, stay home look for better company. There is lots of good company out there. Don't work for this company Period!!!!