Lab Support Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 28, 2017

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I was placed with a company with which I am very happy and was actually brought on full time at a higher position once my contract ended (in 3 reviews)

• This is a great place to start as a new graduate if you are lucky enough to have the right mentor (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • If you do hit your top base salary they won't promote you and you won't get out of the recruiting chair (in 4 reviews)

• As will all contract companies, the health insurance is horrible (in 4 reviews)

"My Experience"

I worked at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offer you a base Salary plus commission. Good environment.

Cons

Typical Sales position, driven by sales. If you love sales and pressure this job is for you if not then look for another.

2. "Great Company to work for!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lab Support (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very hands on and made sure employees are taken cared of.
    Good follow through and very approachable.

Cons

I dont have cons for this company.

3. "LabSupport Division of OnAssignment"

Pros

Considering that they are a temp agency it is nice that they provide holiday pay

Cons

Because this is a temp agency you do not receive vacation benefits or retirement plans

4. "Lab Support Review"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Records Clerk in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Records Clerk in Boulder, CO

Pros

Very organized. Everything done online

Cons

The online time sheet can be confusing.

"Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter
    Current Employee - Professional Recruiter

I have been working at Lab Support (More than a year)

Pros

young company as a whole, good energy

Cons

low starting salary, slow to make upward mobility, branch recruiting roles are pretty stagnant because there isn't really any upward movement unless you're with the company for literally 15 years, some employees are stuck with offices that have crappy positions to work on so it impacts your personal income.

Advice to Management

trust your employees more, less concern over phone call numbers, needs much better communication with upper management.

"Lies on Lies"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond, VA

I worked at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of anything positive working with this company. There are a lot of staffing companies out there and this one is by far the worse I've ever experienced.

Cons

This company is like a lot of other staffing companies where they lure you in with the "benefits" and the "good ole' boy" culture when in all honesty it is a farce. I won't go into all of the problems with this company but I will hit on a few....
    1. They will not pay your bonus on time or correctly for that matter: I stayed long enough to get a few bonuses paid out and each time it was incorrect and my pay raise, that I was promised, was not on time. If you don't demand your money they will correct the issue about a month later. I have never worked somewhere where management thinks it is okay to pay people incorrectly and there has to be some law against it.

2. If you do not fit the majority you should work elsewhere: basically to keep this as PC as possible, if you are not a white male this job will not present a lot of opportunity to you. Upper management is not divers and the hardest working people don't get promoted. I had a supervisor (who eventually got fired) who wouldn't show up to work for weeks on end, when he was at work he goofed off all day and tried to distract us, and he didn't know how to even do his job. This same person would then passive aggressively tell us we weren't doing our jobs...seriously nuts!

3. If you give them time and dedication you will not be rewarded: I had the chance to work alongside a lot of tenured recruiters and they all were begging for a new opportunity and were not afforded one at all. I find that crazy, if someone has mastered a role you should move them on to something else. That is called RETENTION!!!

4. All work and no play: upper management will encourage you to work extremely long hours with no reward. If you work over 40 hours you don't get "time and a half" like most jobs. Also since I was recruiter for a hub and not being paid commission, it actually hurt my metrics to work longer hours.

5. You will hit your top potential at some point: once you do there is nowhere else to go. If you do hit your top base salary they won't promote you and you won't get out of the recruiting chair. They will send you on an okay trip to Mexico every year, but honestly it is Mexico.

Overall I wish i could go back and shake my former self silly for taking such a degrading, ill supervised and all around horrid job. RUN while you can and don't ever work here!!!

Advice to Management

Change is not always good. In all honestly it is sad that upper management is always changing and there isn't much stability.

7. "It's ok."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, OH

I have been working at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lab support is very helpful

Cons

The client I am working with isn't the greatest.

8. "No Opportunities to Experienced Workers"

Former Employee - Chemist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Chemist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lab Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great if starting out in the industry.
    -Very helpful to those with no experience looking to break into a new industry.

Cons

-Recruiters undersell abilities of those with experience based on years of work and current pay.
    -Recruiters will shove you into the first position they find and convince you are not worth it.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and tell someone whether they should look for a job on their own or go through a recruiter.

9. "Contractor"

Pros

Had the opportunity to gain experience when I had none at all.

Cons

Unstable, low paying, no benifits.

10. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Lab Support full-time

Pros

Lots of potential to make plenty of money

Cons

None that I can think of!