Lab Support Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I was placed with a company with which I am very happy and was actually brought on full time at a higher position once my contract ended (in 3 reviews)

• They help you to find a job when other efforts do not pan out the way you want (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • If you do hit your top base salary they won't promote you and you won't get out of the recruiting chair (in 4 reviews)

• As will all contract companies, the health insurance is horrible (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lab Support (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very hands on and made sure employees are taken cared of.
    Good follow through and very approachable.

Cons

I dont have cons for this company.

2. "Lab Support Review"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Records Clerk in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Records Clerk in Boulder, CO

Pros

Very organized. Everything done online

Cons

The online time sheet can be confusing.

"Lies on Lies"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond, VA

I worked at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of anything positive working with this company. There are a lot of staffing companies out there and this one is by far the worse I've ever experienced.

Cons

This company is like a lot of other staffing companies where they lure you in with the "benefits" and the "good ole' boy" culture when in all honesty it is a farce. I won't go into all of the problems with this company but I will hit on a few....
    1. They will not pay your bonus on time or correctly for that matter: I stayed long enough to get a few bonuses paid out and each time it was incorrect and my pay raise, that I was promised, was not on time. If you don't demand your money they will correct the issue about a month later. I have never worked somewhere where management thinks it is okay to pay people incorrectly and there has to be some law against it.

2. If you do not fit the majority you should work elsewhere: basically to keep this as PC as possible, if you are not a white male this job will not present a lot of opportunity to you. Upper management is not divers and the hardest working people don't get promoted. I had a supervisor (who eventually got fired) who wouldn't show up to work for weeks on end, when he was at work he goofed off all day and tried to distract us, and he didn't know how to even do his job. This same person would then passive aggressively tell us we weren't doing our jobs...seriously nuts!

3. If you give them time and dedication you will not be rewarded: I had the chance to work alongside a lot of tenured recruiters and they all were begging for a new opportunity and were not afforded one at all. I find that crazy, if someone has mastered a role you should move them on to something else. That is called RETENTION!!!

4. All work and no play: upper management will encourage you to work extremely long hours with no reward. If you work over 40 hours you don't get "time and a half" like most jobs. Also since I was recruiter for a hub and not being paid commission, it actually hurt my metrics to work longer hours.

5. You will hit your top potential at some point: once you do there is nowhere else to go. If you do hit your top base salary they won't promote you and you won't get out of the recruiting chair. They will send you on an okay trip to Mexico every year, but honestly it is Mexico.

Overall I wish i could go back and shake my former self silly for taking such a degrading, ill supervised and all around horrid job. RUN while you can and don't ever work here!!!

Advice to Management

Change is not always good. In all honestly it is sad that upper management is always changing and there isn't much stability.

4. "It's ok."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, OH

I have been working at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lab support is very helpful

Cons

The client I am working with isn't the greatest.

5. "No Opportunities to Experienced Workers"

Former Employee - Chemist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Chemist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lab Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great if starting out in the industry.
    -Very helpful to those with no experience looking to break into a new industry.

Cons

-Recruiters undersell abilities of those with experience based on years of work and current pay.
    -Recruiters will shove you into the first position they find and convince you are not worth it.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and tell someone whether they should look for a job on their own or go through a recruiter.

6. "Good Company, depends what you are looking for"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Lab Support full-time

Pros

Great management, opportunity, and people, long trainng

Cons

Small office, lots of time sitting and being alone. Expected to do a lot and kind of get thrown into it

Advice to Management

Figure out how to get the new training program better

"Minimally helpful to off-site contingent workers"

Former Employee - Research Chemist in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Research Chemist in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Lab Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hourly compensation was decent, the rules system in place for contingent workers was pretty relaxed and hands-off, the recruiter I worked with was personable.

Cons

Once my recruiter took a different position, Lab Support was essentially non-existent. Every ~3 months a [different] "account executive" would send a generic email reaching out to me and any questions sent went unanswered. Beyond expensive health insurance options, benefits are non-existent. No paid time off whatsoever. No paid holidays. No paid sick leave. There are much better contracting companies to work with that do offer these benefits. Also when the 12 month contract was up, I was not contacted at all for an attempt at a contract renewal, offer of another position within the company, anything. Very disorganized and once you are signed into a contract, good luck getting help from recruiters.

Advice to Management

Direct transfer of contracted worker responsibility from one recruiter to another rather than throwing them in a 'pool' of contracted workers with no recruiter. Actively pursue contractors nearing their contract end.

"Account manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

I have been working at Lab Support full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission, career opportunities, friendly staff

Cons

Unorganized, senior management was very hands off and offered no guidance.

Advice to Management

show interest in employees and don't only check in when you want to ask for numbers. I'm

9. "The worst public company I've ever seen"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at Lab Support full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment, unlimited coffee, updated phone and headset

Cons

New team in the West Coast, immature management and poor communicate. The team lead has no management experience, newly promoted internally and was transferred to this division. They expect you to pickup and work fast but no clear communication or feedback on your performance. Only look at the metrics no matter how many calls you make or how hard you work. If you don't reach what they want on the report, without communication they will let you out. If you are fresh out of college has a lot of energy or just want to try recruitment good luck. It is high pressure and the pay is not great compare to the work you need to do.

Advice to Management

Be straight forward on the goals, more feedback and support on team members, appreciate the hard work employee has done, learn how to motivate your employee perform better instead of letting people come and go.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Great team environment with a real opportunity to succeed as well as advance. Lab Support provides its employees with the tools necessary to have a successful career.

Cons

Typical sales role. It's all number driven. If you are not performing, you're not untouchable. Lab Support is a big company that can afford to look elsewhere for sales people. You only get out what you put in to the position.

Advice to Management

I believe the organization is run properly. I don't really have much advice, everything sesms to be fair.