Label Shopper Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "store manager"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Label Shopper full-time

Pros

manager works Mon-Fri 9-5pm no closing no weekends with exception sometimes if someone calls off and no one else to cover shift

Cons

stores have no control over what they receive on the truck so its impossible to make any plan until your truck is unloaded and you see what there is. We also get a high volume of merchandise with no room to put out which makes store way over crowded and messy looking.

Advice to Management

overstock situation needs to be addressed. Some stores don't sell as much as others resulting in way too much stock in backroom and sales floor

2. "Management"

Current Employee - Label Shopper in Crawfordsville, IN
    Current Employee - Label Shopper in Crawfordsville, IN

I have been working at Label Shopper full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer service, bank deposits, reports, Inventory control, manage people, problem solving, teamwork, cash register

Cons

No life insurance, do not order merchandise, we get what they send us

Advice to Management

I am an honest, dependable, hard working person. I adapt to change easily. I am a people person. I work as hard as I expect my Associates to work

3. "Sales Associate (Non Key Holder)"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Linton, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Linton, IN

I have been working at Label Shopper part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, $9 an hour, fun people to work with, excellent management

Cons

Only two days a week for non key holders, rude customers,

4. "key holder"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Ottawa, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Ottawa, IL

I worked at Label Shopper (More than a year)

Pros

flexable hours part time deal with public

Cons

no label shopper in california

Advice to Management

provide adequate help for job duties

5. "Horrible and degrading experience"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Label Shopper full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good deals on name brand clothing and they are closed on Saturday evenings.

Cons

Upper management ( will not say the name) came to our store for inventory. I realize that this person was probably exhausted from traveling from store to store for these inventories, however this was no excuse for how store employees were treated. If I still had a copy of the handbook, I would would quote exactly what it says about how employees will be treated with dignity. This person was yelled and screamed at all of us all night long. I worked a 14 hour plus day and expected to receive two off of the clock breaks. I worked from just before 9 AM until 11 PM. I received a lunch break around 2 and a quick 5 or 10 minute on the clock break around 8 PM. I have a potentially serious medical condition and need to sip on water from time to time. This person yelled at me for drinking water and even yelled at me for wanting to take 2 seconds ( literally) to pull my glasses from the chain around my neck to my eyes so that I could see what was being explained to us. When it became apparent that I couldn't see well, I was yelled at for not having clear sight. I was yelled at and so were other store employees on the sales floor in front of customers. I could go on and on, but I really do not want to relive that horrible employment experience. It will suffice to say that if the treatment I received that day is the definition of being treated with dignity, then I would rather stay unemployed for the rest of my life.

Advice to Management

Constructive criticism has never hurt anyone, but constant rude criticism is like a cancer that will kill the spirit and drown the soul. I know that other employees were just as upset as I was that evening, but not all of them were in a position to resign like I did. If this kind of treatment continues, you will have nothing but bitter and resentful employees. How sad.