KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Labelbox Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2022

Found 37 of over 38 reviews

4.7
Labelbox CEO Manu Sharma (no image)
Manu Sharma

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Culture is great.(in 8 reviews)
  • "The work culture is fantastic, and everyone is really exciting and friendly.(in 5 reviews)
  • "People here are great and I feel like they let their real personalities shine.(in 4 reviews)
  • "the benefits are great(in 4 reviews)
  • "I've been at companies with sour culture, out of touch leadership, apathetic coworkers, the problems Labelbox has are far more trivial.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Labelbox and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

The best people with the best culture. Bottom line: You are a human and not a robot working!

Jun 2, 2022 - Associate Machine Learning Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place and culture to work with!

Cons

If you live in a different time zone it might be difficult to leave work at 5pm. Not impossible, just a small inconvenience.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

World class company with great culture and execution

May 13, 2022 - Director of Business Intelligence
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best thing: Culture is amazing Next best thing: Execution of product vision is remarkable Next best thing: Customer use cases are amazing and it's motivating to be a part of their AI initiatives.

Cons

Typical of any successful high growth startup.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place to be :)

Oct 6, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good/kind people - very flexible work culture - definitely positive chance to make an impact - good compensation

Cons

- understaffed on management/ could likely use more middle management

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Love working here!

Sep 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance on my time is great, dedicated teams, good coworkers. Culture is great. Everyone is very friendly. Interesting problems at a company that appears to be in the top few of the competition.

Cons

Perks and pay feel a bit on the low side compared to the competition. Have seen great talent not accept offers because we weren't willing to pay for them. Feels like this is the one front that holds Labelbox back from retaining and gaining more talent in the engineering world. Diversity in engineering feels a bit low.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, poor leadership

Sep 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Liberal remote work policy + Flexible and understanding people + Respect for work / life balance + Benefits packages + "Unlimited" time off

Cons

- No 401k matching - "Unlimited" time off - Lots of hyper-growing pains - Very poor, inexperienced leadership - Pay attention to the unnatural increase in positive reviews during the month of September 2021. This was in direct response to the CEO begging for positive reviews at an all-hands meeting, and the people close to him complying. There is a stark contrast between the reviews prior to this, and have skewed the current ratings to his direct benefit.

14 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, rewarding, environment with a world class team.

Sep 14, 2021 - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Labelbox a couple of months ago. I left my previous position in a Fortune 500 corporate engineering group-- it's safe to say I've worked with some very talented engineers. In my short time here at Labelbox, the one thing that immediately stood out to me is the concentration of talent in the organization. Imagine working on a team where everyone is a dedicated, driven, and capable; if your goal is to build the best products possible, this is closest you will get to the ideal team. -Comp and Benefits: Free lunch (you can use it on groceries too)! I honestly don't know why we don't advertise this more-- it's awesome. Not paying for lunch everyday is basically cash in your pocket. Fair compensation. The recruiting team was very wiling to negotiate and listen to my justifications. I am happy with the compensation package, and you will be too. The health insurance is excellent, better than the insurance I had at my previous employer which ironically has a reputation for having "good" insurance. -Growth: I haven't learned this much, this quickly, since university-- to me, thats a very good thing. I've been entrusted to solve problems with an open mind. I am not micromanaged or told how to do something, I am given goals and objectives and given the freedom to solve problems as my understanding evolves-- this is VERY important to me. This has allowed me to explore concepts, technologies, and strategies outside of my comfort zone. This has empowered me to find better solutions than I would have initially considered, and hone my craft along the way. -Culture: The culture is demanding, but very respectful. You need to keep in mind what's at stake- your deliverables have very real impact to the bottomline, so you will feel pressure from time-to-time. However, the feedback is always respectful and constructive. People here are great and I feel like they let their real personalities shine. I came from the corporate world where everyone was very muted, it's nice to see some life in people again!

Cons

There are inherent risks with joining any organization-- and start-ups come with their own unique challenges. These risks and challenges are not secrets, and you need to weigh them versus your personal circumstances. For me, the benefits far out-weighed the risks, and now that I've been in my role for a few months, I am even more confident in my decision to join Labelbox. There are challenges (and many, MANY, benefits) to working remote. However, if you are driven, you can overcome these quickly. Labelbox is open and people are more than willing to help assimilate you into the org.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting space, awesome company!

Sep 11, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, hardworking people, excited to be building tools that will shape a huge industry

Cons

Not a place for people who don’t want to hustle.

8. 5.0

Completely Exceeds Expectations

Sep 7, 2021 - Senior Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an exciting product with an intelligent team behind it. It is a leading product in the space - it is really enjoyable to work on cutting-edge products. I work remotely (along with a good chunk of the company), but there are many scheduled processes and events to still build a strong company culture for everyone. There are also sponsored daily lunch for all employees. While interviewing, one of my concerns was reading Glassdoor about a very hands-on CEO. That was the exact situation I dealt with at my last company that led an extremely poor work-life balance and eventually was the cause of my departure there. However, I have experienced Manu (the Labelbox CEO) to be a great communicator and collaborator thus far. The work-life balance has been very enjoyable and the entire team is friendly. So that's why I wanted to share my experience here - most of the negative reviews I read seem to be pretty outdated or from disgruntled ex-employees.

Cons

Like any startup, a lot of requirements and product direction have been determined on short-notice. This seems to be improving though, as Labelbox has positively iterated on some processes and seems to be looking further into the future.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent startup in an incredible space.

Sep 9, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Interesting problems to solve. * Great culture and co-workers. * Meaningful work that is having an impact in all types of fields. * Excellent benefits that help provide a good work / life balance and promote mental wellness.

Cons

* Wish we could see our co-workers at company retreats more often.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unique opportunity, great clients

Sep 8, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a CSM, I've found that my manager, the broader team, and executive leadership are all invested in the success of clients. I've had the opportunity to grow in my career because Labelbox has put me in a position to work with top tier clients and focus on adoption and retention. Out clients are wonderful, they are working on interesting use-cases, and are generally awesome. I often feel that the broader team has my back, I've thoroughly enjoyed working with the people at Labelbox. Across the board you're working with kind and competent contributors who go out of their way to help you. I've been at companies with sour culture, out of touch leadership, apathetic coworkers, the problems Labelbox has are far more trivial. This is the best job I've had working at startups in the last 6 years.

Cons

Our team, product, and processes are all scaling in proportion to our business growth, this means flexibility is trait you need to embrace. Clients are at the mercy of their companies AI maturity, this can be a challenge.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews

Labelbox Reviews FAQs

Labelbox has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 38 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Labelbox to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 26% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Labelbox employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Labelbox. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

89% of Labelbox employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Labelbox 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Labelbox to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Labelbox Job Seekers