Leader Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sushil K. Tuli

"I'm glad I made the move here"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Arlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Arlington, MA

Pros

I don't feel overwhelmed here nor do I feel micromanaged. I feel they are very flexible with time off and schedules. I work a strange schedule because of my kids schedule and haven't felt any backlash from management for it. I feel like I am part of a great team finally after years of being overworked with national mortgage lenders. They let you work overtime when you can but have never been told to work mandatory OT or that I have to work overtime at all which is good for me with taking care of kids when I get home. I have also enjoyed all the loan officers I have worked with.

Cons

the bonus plan stinks. I don't even try for it because there are too many layers to have to try and meet before you even qualify for it. and if you do qualify for it, it's not very much.
    while not micromanaged is a good thing, there seems to sometimes be a lack of communication. there are no regular department meetings. There are growing pains with policies and so forth but they are growing which is good for volume.

2. "Would Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Employee in Arlington, MA
    Former Employee - Employee in Arlington, MA

I worked at Leader Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a growing community bank with high residential loan volume. Can get busy, smaller organization that has retail growth potential

Cons

Noticeably high turnover rate, low pay, expected to work OT, OT considered in determining pay rate, poorly managed, bad location, limited training

Advice to Management

Management needs experience working with tasks that employees in their department are responsible for. Employees frequently and openly going on interviews at other companies should be a sign that something is wrong with your company.

"not worth putting your sanity in jeopardy by working here. There are many broken promises and even if you do your best n"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Pros

close to home,easy parking,Great Location

Cons

poor pay, High turnover,decision making and changes are slow.

5. "Loan Analyst"

Current Employee - Loan Analyst in Arlington, MA
    Current Employee - Loan Analyst in Arlington, MA

I have been working at Leader Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am working at Leader Bank for last five years. Last month I had my baby, during my pregnancy my manager was very understanding and adjusted to work flow so don’t get over tired. I was allowed to take time off for doctor's appointments and HR department went out of their way to help. I am always given opportunities to progress and learn. I am looking forward to coming back to work in four weeks.

Cons

Sometimes finding parking is difficult.

Advice to Management

i very much like the management of this company.

6. "Vice President and Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Arlington, MA

I have been working at Leader Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leader Bank has a great reputation and I'm proud to tell people I work here. I feel it was the best decision of my career. The support from Management and the teamwork among the staff allows me to be confident in my job. I love the new challenges and continued opportunity to learn as it is a growing company. Management has an open-door policy and genuinely cares about it's employees which gives it that family feel.

Cons

The nature of the job can sometimes be a pressure cooker due to deadlines and closings dates, however, you know the team will kick in and everyone makes it happen.

Advice to Management

Thanks for keeping up the "open door policy" as it makes us feel so appreciated. You listen to your employees

7. "Organization Dedicated to Fostering Growth"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Retail Banking in Arlington, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Retail Banking in Arlington, MA

I have been working at Leader Bank (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been an employee with Leader Bank since 2008, and really have nothing bur praise for the organization. This company has a stellar management team, with a culture that really fosters professional growth for each and every employee. I spent the first four years of my tenure with Leader Bank as the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO. During this time, I was able to learn an enormous amount about the inner workings of the company and the ideals and values that drive the employees, from the top down. Leader Bank recognized all that I had learned in my role as an EA and the potential that I had to contribute to the organization in more meaningful ways. As a result, I was promoted to the Assistant Vice President of Retail Banking in 2012.

Although it is true that every manager has a different management style, the company as a whole really promotes individual learning and innovative thinking. Leader Bank understands that as employees grow (both professionally and personally), it really benefits the entire company. However, this is more than a philosophy - the company ACTS on this belief. Leader Bank has not only paid for me to attend online classes, but they have also allowed (and even encouraged) me to take advantage of many training opportunities over the years. If you are willing to put in the hard work, dedication and commitment required to succeed, Leader Bank will make sure that you feel appreciated and valued. Prove yourself to be a valuable asset and they will make sure that you don't ever regret the decision to join the Leader Bank family.

Cons

You may go through phases where your dedication and loyalty to Leader Bank make you forget to go home at the end of the day!

"Low Rating Speaks Volumes"

Former Employee - Management in Arlington, MA
    Former Employee - Management in Arlington, MA

I worked at Leader Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're part of the mortgage team, you'll be compensated well. There are some lower level employees that are great people (often times qualified for a higher position...see below).

Cons

Would you like to work for a company that rewards friends and family over quality of work? Want the experience of having a superior who has little to no experience in the business? Like low paying jobs with very poor benefits for the industry? If you answered 'yes' to all these questions then you might like working for Leader.

On a serious note, avoid this company. It's more frustrating than trying to peel a banana with one hand. If they were a car, they'd be a Geo Prizm...missing the doors, and no steering wheel...because the engineers didn't know what a steering wheel was for.

Advice to Management

Don't allow the business to be run like it's a small, family owned pizza shop.

"Dysfunction at many levels"

Former Employee - Branch Staff in Arlington, MA
    Former Employee - Branch Staff in Arlington, MA

I worked at Leader Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people to work with, specific people that I worked with were fantastic employees and individuals. Occasionally the organization manages to hire a talented group or individuals. Banking products were generally good.

Cons

The great people that I knew and worked with in the organization were never rewarded or looked at for promotion; instead, less competent folks who kowtowed to senior management were promoted. Initiative and talent are rarely (if ever) rewarded. Compensation is generally low and the bonus structure is a joke. Feedback is generally not welcomed by anyone above the branch level unless it is unreserved praise for current policy.

Advice to Management

Get some solid talent management for the organization and improve internal communication.

10. "I love it here at Leader Bank"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Arlington, MA

Pros

Really small organization, operations are easy to talk to.

Cons

very high growth, but still have a small bank mentality. Suffering from a bit of growing pains.

11. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative in Arlington, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Arlington, MA

I have been working at Leader Bank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Warm, cooperative and supportive work environment with a spirit of camaraderie. The company seems to attract conscientious and intelligent people who are dedicated to doing the best job possible. People come together to get the work done in all situations. Opportunities for growth and advancement are available.

Cons

No cons in my opinion. An excellent place to work.