Learning Solutions Kids Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
  1. "Love my job"

Current Employee - BCBA in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Learning Solutions Kids full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Love making an impact in the lives of students with Autism! Many ways to further your career Several different programs to be involved in Lots of training opportunities Monthly raffles and recognition for employees going above and beyond

Cons

Large company and most employees work in the field so it is sometimes hard to feel connected though the management team appears to be working on that and has scheduled more large group trainings and fun activities.

Learning Solutions Kids2018-07-03

"Not bad"

Current Employee - RBT in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Learning Solutions Kids full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of people who really care about what they do and go above and beyond for their kids. Saxony is amazing and helpful.

Cons

The office is VERY unorganized. The scheduling team makes constant mistakes and is never in communication with each other so a lot of stuff is missed. Also, the pay is low. Given what you do, the pay sucks.

Advice to Management

Pay your staff more. These kids deserve constant help. Paying your staff poorly forces us to look other places to make a living, leaving our kids hanging.

Learning Solutions Kids2019-04-29
  3. "Great if your flexible"

Current Employee - Tutor

I have been working at Learning Solutions Kids part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Create great relationships with children and teachers

Cons

Scheduling can be a mess sometimes

Learning Solutions Kids2019-04-24
  4. "Tried it. Didn’t like it."

Tutor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Learning Solutions Kids for less than a year

Pros

Awesome families! Social groups rock!

Cons

After 40 years in public SPED, I found ABA to be a soul cruncher. These are children, NOT thesis projects. Very rude owner. Everyone is frozen in ABA mode. Not open to what really works.

Advice to Management

Chill!

Learning Solutions Kids2018-10-28
  5. "ABA Tutor/ Instructional Assistant"

I worked at Learning Solutions Kids full-time

Pros

You get to work directly with kids and gain valuable experience with special needs population. You will make some wonderful connections with fellow staff, kids, and parents. Good experience working in schools and networking esp. if you are thinking about a career as an instructional assistant, teacher, school psychologist, or speech therapist.

Cons

It took months to feel competent in my job. I felt like the new staff training could of been more thorough, detailed, and longer instead of cramming the basics into a few hours. Behavior consultants are usually not readily available to support you. Some cases could be much more difficult and demanding than other cases...it depends on the severity of the client's problem behaviors. The pay was low. Weekly last minute... schedule changes caused me so much stress. Parents will cancel last minute or worst forget to cancel so you show up and lose an hour of work. A ton of driving required which takes a toll on your car. If you experience aggressive clients they might scratch, bite, bruise or seriously hurt you. For some aggressive clients that consultant may instruct you to use your body to block the client from access or escape. You might experience feeling like an outsider as you will be a daily visitor at the school you work at.

Advice to Management

When interviewing candidates it would be nice to tell them there is a chance that they will be working with kids who have very aggressive, difficult behaviors. I think it is respectful to be upfront about the type of behaviors that you may experience while working in this field. More thorough safety training so that entry level school aids know what to do in emergency situations and can promptly take appropriate... action.

Learning Solutions Kids2018-07-20
  6. "Consultant"

I have been working at Learning Solutions Kids part-time

Pros

Supportive Staff, okay salary and location matches.

Cons

Too many changes in schedule, pay is not that great.

Learning Solutions Kids2018-05-29

"Overall good experience"

Former Employee - ABA Tutor in Roseville, CA

I worked at Learning Solutions Kids part-time for more than a year

Pros

Firstly, I met amazing parents who would do anything for their kids and got to work with amazing kiddos in some beautiful locations as a part time ABA tutor. I got wonderful references and loved my supervisors. Really flexible with working around my school schedule and the job was not so demanding that I took it home or was exhausted. I recommend working here especially as an entry job if you are considering working... in special education or therapy. They provided RBT training.

Cons

You spend most of your day interacting with children younger than 12 who are non-verbal so you will need to have a strong social life outside of the job or you may feel very isolated. Sometimes parents are unrealistic. Because Insurance requires that parents have a certain amount of hours of Aba in order to maintain coverage you will have to cover for other people when they are sick (if your client cancels) but... because you're working with autistic children this will mean that they will be very scared of you and it will be a really awkward situation during those shifts. Biggest con was that there paid very little compared to other companies and you get very little reinforcement.

Advice to Management

Build in a way for hard-working tutors to get reinforcements as most of the overlap with supervisors is spent with the supervisors explaining things that could be doing better or they are doing wrong. I wasn't told I was valuable to the company until I turned in my two weeks. Plan more social events and higher pay will lead to greater retention of employees especially with the lack of hours during the school year.

Learning Solutions Kids2018-04-17

"Large company, horrible pay. Horrible management"

Former Employee - Behavior Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Learning Solutions Kids full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful working with the kids, and lots of hours if your schedule permits so. They do work with your school schedule, if you are in school (which is nice for those who are)

Cons

Owner of the company is rude. Since this is a large company, the feeling I got after working for them for many years is they only care about money and less about their staff. Would not recommend for services or to work here. Plus, the pay is one of the lowest out of any other ABA company I've seen. Not worth it.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better, the pay is the lowest I've seen in the field of ABA.

Learning Solutions Kids2017-08-25

"Not Great"

Former Employee - Behavior Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Learning Solutions Kids full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual dress code Low expectations Opportunity for beginners to gain experience -If you're really desperate for a job and you're ready to work really hard you'll live.

Cons

*Disorganization *Lack of professionalism/integrity with admin Low pay Employees in the office are overworked

Advice to Management

Do some research on what other companies offer in terms of pay, benefits, and professionalism. Take time to develop a strong company culture and actually structure the company around it. Make sure all employees get trained before they go out in the field. Make sure office staff and consultants are given a reasonable amount of work so they can accurately deliver info to BT's and provide more guidance.

Learning Solutions Kids2017-08-09
  10. "Novice ABA Turor"

Former Employee - ABA Tutor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Learning Solutions Kids full-time

Pros

Hands-on experience Learn through experience Opportunities for collaborative sessions with more experienced tutors

Cons

Lead ABA tutors supervising you are a hit or miss No training prior to beginning job Placed with very high-need client with various another diagnosis other than autism

Learning Solutions Kids2017-05-03