LearningRx Reviews

Updated May 12, 2020

4.1
LearningRx Founder Ken Gibson (no image)
Ken Gibson
Pros
  • "Overall highly recommended as a part time or full time job(in 9 reviews)

• "These are super smart people from different walks of life that determined they wanted to make a difference in the lives of others(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much mobility; this is really a part-time gig(in 12 reviews)

• "This is a very part time job that, when I worked there, offered no benefits(in 7 reviews)

"Small, Family-Owned Business"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Coach in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've made great friends with co-workers and leadership tries to keep our best interest at heart. The mission of the company is personally rewarding.

Cons

The industry has challenges being newer to the market; not many people know about or understand brain training. Lost of problems to solve can be stressful but rewarding.

2. "I really enjoy working here. It's a fun atmosphere and you work mostly with children."

Current Employee - Cognitive Skills Trainer in Hudson, WI

I have been working at LearningRx part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a lot of fun and it is rewarding to help students grow.

Cons

It is hard to get a lot of hours.

3. "Not great if you need a consistent paycheck"

Current Employee - Brain Trainer in Reston, VA

I have been working at LearningRx part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment, management, and clients.

Cons

Pay-scale was inconsistent and I didn't make nearly as much money as I expected based on the interview and job posting

4. "Great work environment!"

Current Employee - Cognitive Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LearningRx part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is very easy-going and cheerful. The students are a pleasure to work with and it is rewarding to see their overall progress.

Cons

The pay is not consistent, as the parent/student can cancel last minute or for days at a time and you do not get paid. So, you only get paid per session.

5. "Fun Place to Work"

Former Employee - Cognitive Brain Trainer in Centennial, CO

I worked at LearningRx part-time for more than a year

Pros

Meaningful, Fun, Easy, Flexible, Straightforward

Cons

Pay, Monotonous, Usually Work Weekends

Continue reading
  6. "Company is a rip off"

1.0
    Former Employee - Training

I worked at LearningRx part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping kids to change their lives

Cons

Franchise itself is a rip-off and the owner of the company is a scam artist. Too bad. My Director/Franchisee was great but couldn't make it as the home office had terrible support

Continue reading

"Financially Unethical and Aggressive"

2.0
    Former Employee - Brain Trainer in Pensacola, FL

I worked at LearningRx part-time

Pros

- Cute and small Location, snacks in front - Wonderful kids and employees to work with - Fast pace, fun, and challenging exercises for both trainers and trainees

Cons

- They do not pay you for the rushed training (many hours online watching videos is not even mentioned to be paid for) until they know for sure you are going to get through - Staying after work or planning before sessions is not paid for either (and you need to do that if you want good documentation and a good session) - Sometimes bad communication/followup from administration (sporadic hours and scheduling, and we're told at the last minute when we get there sometimes) - For how fast pace and yet aggressive administration is (sometimes, my questions were not even answered. I could tell they just wanted someone to work), I wonder if they realize the trainers are the ones that basically represent the model. When you rush students and bang on the table to get them to go faster as an example, I wonder how much you are actually helping students. Other employees do it better. Yet administration thinks they are the example.

8. "Satisfactory"

Current Employee - Cognitive Trainer in Frisco, TX

I have been working at LearningRx part-time for more than a year

Pros

Rewarding to experience growth and improvement in clients' lives Somewhat flexible hours Fair compensation

Cons

Not full time, only part time

9. "Good company"

4.0

I have been working at LearningRx part-time

Pros

Great positive experience, you can make an impact here

Cons

Low pay, not enough hours to make a living

"Really Rewarding, but Sporadic Hours at SA NE Center"

Former Employee - Brain Trainer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LearningRx part-time for more than a year

Pros

You actively see the changes that you are helping to make in people's lives. You form a great connection with clients and become a foundation for their improvement. The job is very rewarding, and if you can manage to get enough clients in your schedule, the pay is decent as well.

Cons

I'm a student and the hours were sporadic. At the time that I was still a trainer, each client would average 4.5/week with you. At most, I only ever had 3 clients at one time, and I had to depend on them to not cancel so that I would get paid for those hours. There were times when the scheduling left an hour or two between clients, but I was too far from home to make good use of the time, so I would sit in an unused roomed and try to work from my phone or laptop. You also don't get paid for the amount of paperwork that you need to fill out each session. You get paid for 15 minutes per session, but oftentimes it could take closer to 45 minutes to do paperwork after or before a session. It was also common for trainers to get word that they had a new client with less than a day's notice. If your schedule is not up to date at all times, you run the risk of getting a client placed in any time slot that is not already accounted for after 6am. No room for advancement.

Found 105 reviews