LearningRx Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2018

4.2
Ken Gibson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "These are super smart people from different walks of life that determined they wanted to make a difference in the lives of others" (in 7 reviews)

• "Overall highly recommended as a part time or full time job" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its a bummer that this is not full-time, no benefits which is tough" (in 14 reviews)

• "Not much mobility; this is really a part-time gig" (in 12 reviews)

"The most interesting job I’ve ever had"

Former Employee - Brain Trainer in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Brain Trainer in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at LearningRx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job was so fast paced, constantly challenging, and incredibly rewarding. At first I didn’t think that I could even make it through training one student because the program was so intense; but I found myself rising to the occasion, in no small part due to the fun and specific training we received in our monthly meetings. Management is amazing, and stood behind all their trainers 100%. They never minded if we stopped the director of training or the center director at any time to ask for help with our students. Trainers were even encouraged to help each other improve our skills so that we could better serve our students. Truly the best experience I’ve ever had in my entire work history.

Cons

These are not so much Cons as they are cautions; so potential employees know exactly what you’re getting in to. If you can commit and live with the challenges below, this is probably the most rewarding job you could have:
    1. This is a very fast paced job that requires lots of high energy from you as the trainer
    2. You have to love working with children; most of your clients will probably be kids
    3.This is a very part time job that, when I worked there, offered no benefits
    4. You follow your student straight through their program; that can be as short as a three month commitment or as long as 9 months to a year based on the specific needs of the student.
    5. If you don’t plan to stay after work or come in a bit early to plan sessions; you’ll have to do some stuff at home.
    6. The learning curve can be pretty steep and you’ll probably have to do some training at home

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Financially Unethical and Aggressive"

Former Employee - Brain Trainer in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Brain Trainer in Pensacola, FL

I worked at LearningRx part-time

Pros

- Cute and small Location, snacks in front
    - Wonderful kids and employees to work with
    - Fast pace, fun, and challenging exercises for both trainers and trainees

Cons

- They do not pay you for the rushed training (many hours online watching videos is not even mentioned to be paid for) until they know for sure you are going to get through
    - Staying after work or planning before sessions is not paid for either (and you need to do that if you want good documentation and a good session)
    - Sometimes bad communication/followup from administration (sporadic hours and scheduling, and we're told at the last minute when we get there sometimes)
    - For how fast pace and yet aggressive administration is (sometimes, my questions were not even answered. I could tell they just wanted someone to work), I wonder if they realize the trainers are the ones that basically represent the model. When you rush students and bang on the table to get them to go faster as an example, I wonder how much you are actually helping students. Other employees do it better. Yet administration thinks they are the example.

Advice to Management

- Sit down and have more meetings with your trainers to build up better rapport instead of going at the speed of light to get things done and still making mistakes
    - Stop being passive aggressive and just communicate better.

3. "Satisfactory"

Current Employee - Cognitive Trainer in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Cognitive Trainer in Frisco, TX

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding to experience growth and improvement in clients' lives
    Somewhat flexible hours
    Fair compensation

Cons

Not full time, only part time

4. "Good company"

I have been working at LearningRx part-time

Pros

Great positive experience, you can make an impact here

Cons

Low pay, not enough hours to make a living

"Really Rewarding, but Sporadic Hours at SA NE Center"

Former Employee - Brain Trainer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Brain Trainer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at LearningRx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You actively see the changes that you are helping to make in people's lives. You form a great connection with clients and become a foundation for their improvement. The job is very rewarding, and if you can manage to get enough clients in your schedule, the pay is decent as well.

Cons

I'm a student and the hours were sporadic. At the time that I was still a trainer, each client would average 4.5/week with you. At most, I only ever had 3 clients at one time, and I had to depend on them to not cancel so that I would get paid for those hours. There were times when the scheduling left an hour or two between clients, but I was too far from home to make good use of the time, so I would sit in an unused roomed and try to work from my phone or laptop. You also don't get paid for the amount of paperwork that you need to fill out each session. You get paid for 15 minutes per session, but oftentimes it could take closer to 45 minutes to do paperwork after or before a session.

It was also common for trainers to get word that they had a new client with less than a day's notice. If your schedule is not up to date at all times, you run the risk of getting a client placed in any time slot that is not already accounted for after 6am.

No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Pay employees for the additional work they put in to keep the clients happy, and reward high scores.

6. "Brain Trainer"

Former Employee - Brain Trainer
    Former Employee - Brain Trainer

I worked at LearningRx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, rewarding work, fun environment

Cons

Not much mobility; this is really a part-time gig. Sometimes the exercises frustrate the kids more than they help them.

Advice to Management

More flexibility in the exercise manuals.

7. "Cognitive Trainer"

Current Employee - Trainer in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Trainer in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed Environment, Friendly coworkers, Rewarding and fulfilling work, Management treat you like a real person, not just an employee

Cons

Can be difficult to consistently be working ideal hours being that work is somewhat seasonal

8. "Amazing Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Brain Trainer in Savage, MN
    Current Employee - Brain Trainer in Savage, MN

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work of training clients in memory, attention, reasoning, etc. is very rewarding. The atmosphere of all coworkers is great; a very supportive and growing group of people driven to make a difference in peoples lives. Base pay is good with a big opportunity to raise. Overall highly recommended as a part time or full time job.

Cons

you technically are competing with other trainers for clients based on availability and experience. In my experience though so many new clients are coming every day and there's usually no problem if one of mine graduates or I find more time to work.

Advice to Management

Awesome work, love the work you do.

9. "Fast Paced"

Former Employee - Cognitive
    Former Employee - Cognitive

I worked at LearningRx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Fast pace keeps every minute exciting and interesting.

Cons

Can't become a full-time trainer (though it is hard to imagine anyone that could do it for 40 hours a week), so it can only be said to be a supplemental income.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Great place to be if you truly want to make a difference."

Current Employee - Brain Trainer
    Current Employee - Brain Trainer

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is so awesome to be able to see lives being changed every day. Clients come to us struggling and they leave more capable, more confident and happier. We open up possibilities for them. We change "can't" into "can" and that is an awesome thing to be a part of.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be tricky- we get paid when we work with a client which means if they cancel their session, we are not working. That can be frustrating, but it does not happen a lot. Also, when they cancel, we do end up rescheduling it for another time. Management was very upfront that this was part of the job though so I can't complain. Seeing the gains my clients make far outweighs any inconvenience due to cancelled sessions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.