LearningRx Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Ken Gibson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You get to work one-on-one with students, getting to know them and building a solid rapport for up to six months or more (in 7 reviews)

• There's nothing better than feeling like you're making a difference in people's lives (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Positions for trainers are only part-time because it is cognitively intensive work and they don't want you to burn out (in 9 reviews)

• If you can wait for an income, then this job may work out for you, but the position will always be part-time with no benefits (in 6 reviews)

1. "Brain Trainer"

Pros

Great environment and fun team!

Cons

Small groups, perfect for direct client interactions.

2. "Surprisingly difficult"

Current Employee - Cognitive Trainer
    Current Employee - Cognitive Trainer

I have been working at LearningRx part-time

Pros

Very flexible scheduling
    Unique role
    Joy to work with kids
    Can see your direct impact
    Ability to choose your approach

Cons

Training model is imperfect
    Pay is basic
    No benefits (part-time)
    Culture of dominance over children

Advice to Management

Give bonuses to trainers for each student that they graduate, instead of just the first time it happens.

3. "Interesting Job"

I have been working at LearningRx part-time

Pros

I have worked at my location for over 2 years, part-time. The work is legitimately enjoyable, and it never gets monotonous. Management at my location is very understanding and helpful if you ever run into a problem that you aren't quite sure how to solve. The other coworkers are also amazing, and there's lots of room to have fun while working.

Cons

Positions for trainers are only part-time because it is cognitively intensive work and they don't want you to burn out. You can lose a lot of that hourly pay if your students cancel on you enough. You'll make up that time later because the student doesn't lose that time, but it's an unfortunate situation if you need to get paid a certain monthly amount.

Advice to Management

I'm happy to see communication with trainers improving. Keep up the fantastic job.

4. "Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Center Director in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There's nothing better than feeling like you're making a difference in people's lives. I've been with the company (two difference franchises in two states) cumulatively for more than 10 years. The number of success stories I've seen through those years is astounding. My colleagues have always been incredibly smart and thoughtful people who make coming to work an absolute pleasure. Just yesterday as I was passing a trainer and her student hard at work, they were full of such enthusiasm that I blurted out, "I love it here!". It's a heart-warming place to be.

Cons

If we could better leverage the incredible peer-reviewed research on LearningRx's effectiveness, we could simplify the process of getting insurance to cover people's training. Right now, centers are having to navigate this alone and it can be very time-consuming and frustrating.

5. "Work with a Purpose - Love what I get to do"

Current Employee - Franchise Support - Business Coach in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Franchise Support - Business Coach in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

LearningRx is a company founded with other people in mind. To help as many people as we can to think, learn and perform better than they could before. To create a way for people to have their own business that helps people - a business with a greater purpose than just making money. In my position (business coach), I get to work with our franchisees regularly, and I truly admire them. These are super smart people from different walks of life that determined they wanted to make a difference in the lives of others. My co-workers are amazing, smart and creative people who I get the privilege of working with. To be surrounded by that and get to work with them is a real honor. In my work I get to coach and encourage people to their success; to speak life into their circumstances so they can achieve what they've set out to achieve. Internally, I am challenged to think beyond what is right in front of me, to think "outside the box" to solve real world problems in an ever-changing economic/business environment, and implement solutions that are intended for the good of the whole system. Who wouldn't love that?!

Cons

We're a small staff for a franchise system ( a.k.a. we are good stewards and run a tight ship) and trying to get all the things done for the system that we want to be able to get done is a challenge. Having to prioritize some things over other things, when all "the things" are important initiatives can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

We're on the right track. Keep the work environment positive and forward thinking. Enlist the ideas of our very smart, creative and innovative staff (all of them) so that brainstorming and problem solving doesn't always fall on just a few people. Continue to communicate. Group share, because a good idea from a person in one department might spark a great solution to the same issue from a person in another department.

6. "Wonderful Company to Work For/With"

Current Employee - Operations Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with LearningRx is more than just going to a job every day simply to collect a paycheck. Your co-workers become friends who take part in your life (moving, painting, celebrating weddings and babies, etc.) AND you get to help make a difference in the lives of the clients -- both providers/franchisees and students.

Cons

You can feel pressure to always be available to work regardless of if you're sick or on vacation or simply on the weekends, but I think this is simply a side effect of working for a family owned business where several family members are involved in the day-to-day operations of the company.

7. "Over 10 years and still loving what the product and company!"

Current Employee - Center Director in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Center Director in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to change lives for a living! It is a rewarding job where I get to work with passionate, kind, and inspiring people.

Cons

There is little room for advancement

8. "Internal Company Review"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company, great people. The management is very transparent and honest. One of the core values is integrity and this is demonstrated daily by everyone in the company. Very flexible with work schedules. Very understanding when an employee has external circumstances out of their control. Best company I ever worked for.

Cons

Being a small company most positions are one-deep. People here generally don't leave the company unless they are have a life changing event or move out of the area, and in some cases are kept on working remotely from home. This makes advancement a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This is a great place to work!

9. "Great Company, Great Product"

Current Employee - Global Business Development Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Global Business Development Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for LearningRx for over 6 years, and I have loved being a part of such an innovative, impactful company. We truly are changing lives every day and I have such fulfillment in my work. Here are just some of the amazing reasons I have worked there for so long:
    Incredible product, innovative, opportunities to collaborate, team oriented, strong, committed management team, flexibility, opportunities to learn new concepts/programs, no micro-management, strong core values

Cons

not everyone has the opportunity for advancement

10. "LearningRx Does What it Says: Changing Lives for a Living"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The results of our one-on-one brain training programs are so dramatic, prospective employees might find them hard to believe. I can tell you with 100% certainty that our program results are accurate and lasting. We've trained close to 100,000 clients (in 2017) and their testimonials speak volumes. From former NFL players, to struggling students, to victims of traumatic brain injury ... I feel very fortunate to work for a company that really DOES change lives for a living.
    Home office staff cares deeply about the franchisees and clients we serve and is committed to their success.

Cons

Wish we had a larger staff to accomplish goals more quickly.