LearningRx Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Gibson

Pros
  • You get to work one-on-one with students, getting to know them and building a solid rapport for up to six months or more (in 7 reviews)

• I was looking forward to working with kids and helping them become their best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Cognitive skills trainers are part time (in 7 reviews)

• If you can wait for an income, then this job may work out for you, but the position will always be part-time with no benefits (in 5 reviews)

1. "Wonderful Company to Work For/With"

Current Employee - Operations Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with LearningRx is more than just going to a job every day simply to collect a paycheck. Your co-workers become friends who take part in your life (moving, painting, celebrating weddings and babies, etc.) AND you get to help make a difference in the lives of the clients -- both providers/franchisees and students.

Cons

You can feel pressure to always be available to work regardless of if you're sick or on vacation or simply on the weekends, but I think this is simply a side effect of working for a family owned business where several family members are involved in the day-to-day operations of the company.

2. "Over 10 years and still loving what the product and company!"

Current Employee - Center Director in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Center Director in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to change lives for a living! It is a rewarding job where I get to work with passionate, kind, and inspiring people.

Cons

There is little room for advancement

3. "Internal Company Review"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company, great people. The management is very transparent and honest. One of the core values is integrity and this is demonstrated daily by everyone in the company. Very flexible with work schedules. Very understanding when an employee has external circumstances out of their control. Best company I ever worked for.

Cons

Being a small company most positions are one-deep. People here generally don't leave the company unless they are have a life changing event or move out of the area, and in some cases are kept on working remotely from home. This makes advancement a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This is a great place to work!

5. "Six years later, and I'm still happy at LearningRx"

Current Employee - Marketing in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Life-changing programs, work-life balance, excellent values, I've seen the changes our programs make firsthand, and I believe strongly in what we do.

Cons

Limited advancement for certain roles

6. "Great Company, Great Product"

Current Employee - Global Business Development Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Global Business Development Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for LearningRx for over 6 years, and I have loved being a part of such an innovative, impactful company. We truly are changing lives every day and I have such fulfillment in my work. Here are just some of the amazing reasons I have worked there for so long:
    Incredible product, innovative, opportunities to collaborate, team oriented, strong, committed management team, flexibility, opportunities to learn new concepts/programs, no micro-management, strong core values

Cons

not everyone has the opportunity for advancement

7. "LearningRx Does What it Says: Changing Lives for a Living"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at LearningRx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The results of our one-on-one brain training programs are so dramatic, prospective employees might find them hard to believe. I can tell you with 100% certainty that our program results are accurate and lasting. We've trained close to 100,000 clients (in 2017) and their testimonials speak volumes. From former NFL players, to struggling students, to victims of traumatic brain injury ... I feel very fortunate to work for a company that really DOES change lives for a living.
    Home office staff cares deeply about the franchisees and clients we serve and is committed to their success.

Cons

Wish we had a larger staff to accomplish goals more quickly.

8. "Brain Trainer"

Current Employee - Brain Trainer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Brain Trainer in Houston, TX

Pros

very fun atmosphere, rewarding job.

Cons

hours aren't consistent, work on weekends.

9. "Interview process is misleading."

Former Employee - Cognitive Trainer in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Cognitive Trainer in Chandler, AZ

I worked at LearningRx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sharpens the brain to think faster.

Cons

Don't make any money for 2-3 months and are not paid for training which is longer than the ad stated. Possibly training is paid for after a cognitive trainer's first student finishes their program. Just misleading to get applicants to show up for an interview. If you can wait for an income, then this job may work out for you, but the position will always be part-time with no benefits.

10. "brain trainer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Pros

loved helping people. Great experience.

Cons

It was overall positive, no cons

11. "Great cognitive improvement program with substantive results"

Former Employee - Director, Assistant Director, Director of Training, Cognitive Skills Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LearningRx (More than 5 years)

Pros

The LearningRx Atlanta/Alpharetta offices were a pleasure to work in as the management staff has a passion for helping students strive for excellence by increasing their cognitive skills through targeted brain training. After my sister suffered a traumatic brain injury, I looked into what we could do to help with her personal rehab 7 years ago and came across this program which had proven results and knew that I wanted to be a part of this system, at first to selfishly help my sister's condition improve, but then later to also assist as many others as I could by helping to strengthen their cognition in a fun and motivational way. I started as a Cognitive Skills Trainer working one-on-one with students and within weeks saw results in their processing skills, memory, speed and overall confidence. The ability to see rapid success and life changing results for many who struggled previously really hooked me and over the next 5 years I dedicated my time to improving the lives of all of our students as I worked my way up to Director of one of the centers, only stepping aside eventually due to my growing family and the desire to keep my kids out of daycare by being a stay at home dad. The atmosphere of the centers, with an upbeat/positive focus on hard work through fun, game-like activities that are targeted to improve differing areas of cognition was fantastic to work in, and the success stories of our students, both in the center and more importantly in their daily lives, were always intrinsically rewarding. Hearing from parents that their child was finally able to keep up with others in the classroom, read on grade level, remember multiple step directions the first time or able to sit and focus on homework instead of being distracted by their siblings were daily highlights that motivated us as a team to want to work harder for our clients. Beth & Susie, the owners of the Atlanta centers, strive to hire the brightest and best motivators and work to turn them into elite brain-trainers that put their students' needs before all else and connect on a personal level with them and their families to ensure success. This is a great investment in your child's future with proven results not only quantified on paper, but also seen in the daily lives of the participants by family, friends, teachers and most importantly the students themselves.

Cons

The only cons would potentially be the uncertainty regarding hours when you first start as a trainer as there is a possibility that you may only have a few students to begin with so you may only have a handful of hours weekly. However, as soon as your student load increases this shouldn't be an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your people at all levels as the organization is only as good as your staff and the service that everyone provides.