Cover image for LifeNet Health

LifeNet Health CEO Rony Thomas
Rony Thomas

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LifeNet Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great place to work!

May 10, 2022 - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, supported by a great mission of helping others. Competitive pay and amazing benefits. Generous time off package.

Cons

It is a complex organization and takes time to get to know the structure, but still a great place to work!

Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review of LifeNet Health. Our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope is amazing. We are glad you are enjoying your experience!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Easy Work Environment

Dec 13, 2022 - Sterile Processing Technician in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Retirement making Very repetitive work environment

Cons

Office management understanding everything technicians deal with and variables that come across.

3. Join the LifeNet Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

n/a

Jan 30, 2023 - Production Supervisor in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

yearly bonus and profit sharing for retirement

Cons

high turnover rate on production side

5. 3.0

Terrible Leadership

Jan 30, 2023 - Support Services Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Ok food to choose from in the lounge

Cons

Have every excuse in the book on why they think you dont deserve any more money Lack of true leadership Treat there essential personnel terribly Never acknowledges there Support Services Crew EVER!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

good for the money

Feb 2, 2023 - Tissue Recovery Specialist in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

pays well, on call pay even if you don't go on call, shift difs, good mission

Cons

hours suck, on call requirements suck, always wanting more

7. 4.0

great company

Dec 29, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that has lots of room for development

Cons

Still going through the growing pains of the company branching into a bigger business

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Respect is not in leaderships vocabulary

Oct 4, 2022 - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent mission, proud to work for a company that saves lives, improves health, and gives hope. Donors are a priceless gift.

Cons

Managers have no respect for their employees, work load is not sustainable as people leave and aren’t replaced. Hostile work environment. Employees are insulted frequently and made to feel incompetent and lazy. I’d you don’t drink the cool-aid you’re not included in things, only brown nosers and people who tell leadership what they want to hear are promoted. Everyone else is harassed until they reach the point that leaving is the only option. Many have left this year without other employment secured. Rather be broke than treated like you’re not worth anything.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. LifeNet Health does have an excellent mission and what our team does is vital to saving lives. It is unfortunate that you had this experience here as we strive to have a mission oriented culture and treat all employees with respect and integrity. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to cultivate the culture to ensure we can live that mission daily.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Loved my job but fed up with the situation

Aug 31, 2022 - Processing Technician in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy the work and the people I work with. What we do makes a difference to peoples lives and that matters to me.

Cons

There is little opportunity for growth unless you are either in with the right people or are looking to go into other departments. Advancement opportunities were changed a couple years ago so unless you want to become a supervisor you’re capped as a Sr. Technician regardless how much you do and how much you learn. Maintaining talent also seems to be an issue. There seems to be much more of an effort to get people in the door than to keep people once they have gained experience. Very heavy turnover rate; supervisor and manager positions included. Much more work than there are trained bodies to do properly. Less is more doesn’t seem to resonate with the company unless it is referring to compensation.

3 people found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for your tenure as a Processing Technician. Processing Technicians are one of the key roles at our company and bringing in new talent along with keeping current employees is one of our main priorities. We are continually striving to improve the work environment, compensation, and training. We are also looking at ways to provide career growth and ladders for everyone. We value your feedback and will continue to keep this in mind.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful mission but corporate priorities are more prevalent than the mission

Dec 12, 2022 - Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The mission is extremely meaningful -No layoffs with covid

Cons

-HR and Vice President positions seem to be the only areas that aren’t understaffed -parades as a non-profit but runs like a for-profit: overworking people in all departments to meet arbitrary goals. -Leadership is almost exclusively men. No women sit in “executive boulevard” -It feels like more executive leadership is being hired than there are people at the bottom to support all of this leadership. Departments are NOT comparable to other company’s structures. Very, very top heavy. Quality does not seem to be a priority proportionally -Bullying to meet deadlines or from staff that has a long tenure is considered acceptable -Pay is not competitive to match the workload, cost of living and the chipping away of benefits. Paid lunch was taken away in 2021 and wages did not account for the 10% increase in expected work time -Merit increase structure for those who are not ELT ranges from 3-4%. If you are satisfactory, you receive a 3% raise. If you go above and beyond, you get a 3.5% raise. If you beat all of the odds (or if you got promoted and became ineligible for a raise), you might, maybe get a 4% raise. Meanwhile, public ELT pay records show ELT raises ranging from 10-30% for years that were available for analysis. -required to wait 18 months to apply to a new position, even if you received a title change as a promotion and have the same job. UNLESS there is “business need” or HR likes you- then you can get promoted faster. -The saying 10% of the people do 90% of the work is absolutely true here. My health suffered from the pressure I felt to pick up slack for the mission. Others were pressured by management. -since non profit tax returns are eventually public: total non-executive salaries paid in 2019 to 2020 raised by 7% while total salaries paid to executive leadership raised by 20%. Even the numbers show that the priority is on paying executives and not supporting the average member of the team or the mission

2 people found this review helpful

CHRO

We appreciate all comments and inputs regarding our culture and work experience at LifeNet Health. As many organizations strive daily to have the ideal work environment there are employees who have less than ideal experiences. We have an open door policy and it starts from our CEO and everyone of his direct reports and it cascades throughout the organization. Throughout the pandemic work environments have become stressful and required more of those in the workforce, LifeNet Health is not any different when it comes to this. We do however strive daily to find measures to address this and believe we are doing heading in the right direction. Thank you once again for this comment. If you are still employed with us please feel free to contact your HRBP or come directly to my office where we can discuss your concerns.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company and career!

Nov 29, 2022 - Tissue Recovery Specialist Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can grow within the company.

Cons

The team members can be unprofessional at times.

Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. The company does have a great mission of: Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. Your role plays a vital part in that mission and we thank you for your mission critical work. There are a lot of opportunities for growth with LifeNet Health. Thank you again for taking time to review the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 279 Reviews
</>Embed

LifeNet Health Reviews FAQs

LifeNet Health has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 300 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at LifeNet Health to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LifeNet Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LifeNet Health. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

59% of LifeNet Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LifeNet Health 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LifeNet Health to be senior leadership, culture, benefits and the cons to be career development, management.

Popular Careers with LifeNet Health Job Seekers