LifeNet Health Reviews

Updated May 21, 2020

3.2
LifeNet Health CEO Rony Thomas
Rony Thomas
Pros
  • "It is a great company that offers great benefits and compensation to their employees(in 14 reviews)

• "Interesting Problems, Great Mission, Excellent Senior Leadership(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons to my job thusfar(in 6 reviews)

• "Also the upper management for our shift is absolutely bias, selfish, and is miserable at the job and takes it out on the hard workers(in 6 reviews)

1. "Rewarding"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at LifeNet Health full-time

Pros

Great mission helping those in need

Cons

Growing pains and change management

May 18, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

Thank you so much for your kind review of LifeNet Health! With any growing company there are growing pains associated with rapid expansion, buildng infrastructure to support the growth, finding top talent quickly, and allocating limited resources in a methodical and planned way. So glad you are enjoying working for us and that our mission inspires you to help those in need. Thanks again!

2. "Great benefits, buf awful workload."

Current Employee - Support in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at LifeNet Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent, absolutely enjoy the people i work with.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional management, no sense of empathy whatsoever, employees are very often forced to work absurd hours, throwing work and personal life completely off balance.

June 15, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

Thanks for taking the time out to write a review. We believe that our employees are what make us a great organization and we are always looking for ways to improve and ensure our employees are coming to a positive work environment. To grow and support our front line leaders we are continuously add training and development opportunities for them. At times workload can be heavy in certain departments and overtime may be required. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience and hope that you will consider looking for positions in other departments that meet your work/life balance needs in the future.

3. "Decent Place to Work"

Former Employee - Distribution Technician in Plainfield, IN

I worked at LifeNet Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clean facility, nice people, benefits to job

Cons

Low pay, didn't like the schedule

May 18, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

Thanks for your review "Decent Place to Work." The people at LNH are like no others. They are truly driven by our mission, kind and compassionate to others and really care. We strive to have a beautiful, well maintained work enviornment. We also are proud of our comprehensive benefits program and are happy you liked them too. We lead the market in this area and work hard to enhance our benefits offerings each year. Our compensation is competitive in the market so I'm surprised you felt the pay was low. It sounds like the position you were in may have not met all your criteria. I'm sorry you had that experience and hope you will check back with us in the future.

4. COVID-19

"I used to love and respect Lifenet"

Current Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at LifeNet Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honestly, just the mission and knowing you help people. It used to be the pay especially since I'm still working on my degree but

Cons

They have mishandled this entire Covid situation. They have cut hours to certain employees on certain shifts, meanwhile weekday has the opportunity to work overtime. Though other employees that fall under the same umbrella of production have had their hours reduced, they are still being paid for the full shift as if they worked. Meanwhile weekend employees (starts with a V) have had their hours reduced, no opportunity to make up lost hours and pay and they haven't given any sort of increased pay to those employees. Those employees are losing close to a grand a month now. But keep said employees at enough hours so they can't claim partial unemployment. They clearly don't care or show the care and respect to their employees and those with families. Money is the bottom line and not the care of their employees and their so called mission.

May 11, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

Many companies have been severely impacted by COVID-19 and LifeNet Health is not immune. We have responded swiftly and comprehensively to the outbreak of the virus, putting measures into place to protect our employees and our business well before other organizations. Unfortunately, much of our business is dependent on elective surgeries which have been severely reduced nation wide. Despite this reduction in business, we have maintained our 24 hour operations and thoughtfully re-engineered our schedules to protect employees from transmission of the virus across all shifts. This was not easy and required us to make some tough choices. Unfortunately, a small number of employees may have been impacted by this but we felt it was best for the company as whole. By creating segregation between shifts we have very few cases of COVID-19 transmission through our operational areas nation wide. This has allowed us to stay operational and protect the majority of our employees' jobs. Any employee who has had hours reduced as a result a schedule change is eligible for unemployment and we are happy to guide them through the claims process to minimize the financial impact.

"Used to love it"

I have been working at LifeNet Health full-time

Pros

Good mission, good for the public

Cons

Employee welfare is less important than production. Weak leaders are promoted or simply moved to other areas. Weak employees move forward without improvement. Digital advancements which should create a paperless environment have not. Zero possibility of advancement in certain fields, no matter how much your years of hard work and dedication might be occasionally appreciated. Office culture between locations is rigidly based on headquarters and is old fashioned. No culture variation allowed, no matter how different business life can be in various parts of the country. Not supportive of telecommuting alternatives for employees when home sick or during times of crisis, such as the world is currently experiencing. Sometimes hand sanitizer and taking temperatures at the door is not enough. The country has been asked to "stay home" if at all possible. There are so many LNH employees all over the country, who could do their jobs remotely during this event.

May 11, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

LifeNet Health has been experiencing a tremendous amount of growth over the past five years. This is a great problem to have and requires us to focus on building infrastructure to support this rapid growth. The challenge is balancing the systems we have in place with speed at which we are growing. Automation is a huge part of this plan but requires a tremendous amount of capital dollars. As a non-profit organization experiencing rapid growth, we have more projects than we have budget for each year. We have processes in place to prioritize projects based on a set of criteria and the capital budget we have to work with each year. Each year we make more progress towards automation and build systems that will scale with our growth.

6. "Great company with good culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Process Technician in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at LifeNet Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Time off and benefits and salary

Cons

Hard work, management not trained well

"Great company. Bad department experience"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at LifeNet Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are amazing and unlike any other company I’ve worked for. The company overall is a great company

Cons

The department I worked in was terrible! The manager plays favoritism, does not help his employees, and treats the employees like the work is more important than making them feel appreciated and like he supports them. Lifenet provides 45 min paid lunches, but the manager has cut this Dept’s lunches to 30 min and only bathroom breaks! Do not work in that department

June 15, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review of LNH. We appreciate you taking the time to rate us an employer. Leaders come in many styles and approaches. It sounds like you and your leader's style weren't a great match. Sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate that you weren't able to find other opportunities within the organization that were a better fit. Thanks for commenting on the benefits and rating the overall company positively. Perhaps in the future we will have another position available that better suits your career objectives.

8. "Great People. Exciting Biotech. Big Growth."

5.0
    Current Employee - Vice President in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at LifeNet Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People - Mission driven, great people that love their job and are committed to customers and each other; strong culture around serving donors and customers Exciting biotech - from organs to tissue to cells; Regenerative medicine and tissue engineering/bio implants; new ways of doing Medicine Big Growth - Opportunities for personal and career growth; geographical and business expansion; highly innovative business models based on innovation

Cons

There are many upsides for working at Lifenet

June 15, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

Thanks for your positive review of LifeNet Health! We work hard to be on the cutting edge of technology which has enabled us to stay relevant and continue to grow and allowed us to expand the reach of our mission.

9. "great company!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Training Coordinator

I have been working at LifeNet Health full-time

Pros

great company, lots of perks

Cons

no government holidays off otherwise a great culture

June 15, 2020VP, Human Resources Operations

Thanks for your review!! We believe our employees are what enable us to be a great organization.

"Company that has lost the meaning of its mission."

Current Employee - MS Technician in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at LifeNet Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

PTO, health care(cigna), paid 45 min. lunches(which they rarely like you taking during the day), decent vacation accrual but they rarely let you take it.

Cons

The favoritism on all the shifts in MS is ridiculous but I will speak on my shift (second). There are supervisors that sit on the clock and laugh, flirt, and talk to other people and walk around pretending to do work for 2 hours before going to the back while the techs are headed to the back on time. Also there are senior techs who have gotten to their positions by going to HR and treat their coworkers like complete garbage. They get by but not going any work because they are a "senior tech". Also there are people who have worked with the company for years before any of the recent new hires and are making SUFFICIENTLY less than them. Also the upper management for our shift is absolutely bias, selfish, and is miserable at the job and takes it out on the hard workers. And will allow the slackers to do what they want!

Found 161 reviews