Logic PD Reviews | Glassdoor

Logic PD Reviews

Found 48 reviews

2.3
Bruce DeWitt
Pros
  • "Located in the heart of the warehouse district Logic used to be a great company to work for with a variety of projects and great people(in 3 reviews)

• "A great work life balance with great people and interesting projects(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "Great people, constant change"

I worked at Logic PD full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

When working here, I was constantly challenged and grew a lot in my career, but most of this was self imposed. If you enjoy free reigns and are self disciplined this will work perfectly for you. The people make this company what it is.

Cons

There is no direction and no communication. If you are looking for guidance I would recommend looking at a place with more structure.

"Company in downward spiral"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Logic PD full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Your immediate coworkers are great, unique characters... seriously, they are some of the oddest and most fun.

Cons

Everything else. In all my career, I've never seen a more unhealthy company. Decisions are made on a whim without any regard for long term consequences. When someone threatens to leave, they get promoted into upper management instead of someone who has worked hard for it (I watched it happen 3 times in a year).

Advice to Management

All senior management needs to be replaced... they are driving your good employees away. If you continue to run business the way you are today, I'll be surprised if you're still up and running by year end.

"Strong Company, with continued growth trends on Horizon"

Current Employee - Operations in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Logic PD full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great opportunity for growth potential. Change in corporate culture to the positive is evident.

Cons

Fast paced, can lead to too many changes, need to stay the course a bit more.

Advice to Management

Continue to weed out the stagnant people, who don't seem to want to embrace the new culture, or new approach!

"Engaging variety of work and good balance between large company rigor and small company agility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Logic PD full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Wide variety of interesting projects. Cross-functional design teams. In-house manufacturing expertise. Established design process. Merit-based opportunities for advancement. Flexible work location. Competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

High turnover in recent years. Inconvenient commute to Eden Prairie location from north and east suburbs. Volatile nature of contract work.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the employees you have. It takes time to backfill when people leave.

"Good Company, Much Improved"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Logic PD full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The people, first of all, are great. There were bad ones that have left. Numbers (income, profit, etc.) are growing. Awesome health insurance. My previous supervisor left because of someone in upper management who was, let's say, "causing discomfort." There were a few others who left because of that same person. That person is now gone, and the mood has improved a lot. Management is spending money to improve...

Cons

Residual fear of the unknown, as there had been a layoff last year, and a number of people left of their own. A recent merger of two locations has some people expressing discomfort with the seating arrangements. A third location is closing this spring.

Advice to Management

It is good to hear about the improvements. Keep employees informed about progress (as you have been doing).

"Nice place!"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Logic PD full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

We have a nice plant in the SW suburbs, close but not too close, to businesses and lunch options, right off the interstate. We have a lot of good people for coworkers -- many new, but also more people than usual (IME) who've been here for 20-30 years and want to stay. The company is emerging from some trying times with direction and significant capital investment.

Cons

The company has down-sized three or four times in the past three years and lost a lot of institutional know-how. Sometimes this is nice for getting a fresh start on processes, but it's often a real handful, trying to figure out how things are supposed to be. Due to facility consolidation, the plant is over-populated right now and a bunch of cube-space had to be converted to higher-density workspace that's a little noisy...

Advice to Management

There has been a sense that management undervalues human resources. They should keep in mind that we are valuable strategic assets.

"It is sad to see a great company being ruined due to lack of capable management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Logic PD full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Many very talented and experienced colleagues. There are about 4 high-caliber, experienced, very competent, functional leaders doing a great job fixing and implementing much-needed changes that will improve the overall execution by late 2017 or more realistically by early 2018

Cons

2016 was a banner year great business strategy, revenue results, and a clear LT strategy in place. In sharp contrast 2017, is characterized by a toxic work environment, created by constant churn, organizational changes and absolute lack of a coherent business strategy and accountability from the senior executive team. Very low morale, no credibility on the executive management and the operational problems...

Advice to Management

It is about time for the CEO to start providing realistic revenue goals to the B of Directors, supported by a solid multi-year strategy. The company is dying (being killed) under this short-term focused, and tactical oriented leadership. aimed at achieving unrealistic revenue and performance objectives. Capable and experienced senior- executive leadership and a strong board supported turn-around strategy is badly needed...

"Manufacturing Technician"

I have been working at Logic PD full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Friendly co-workers, and there is a lot opportunities to growth.

Cons

Management Team has turnover too high.

"Crazy Like a Fox?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Logic PD full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Back in the day, there was a very talented, experienced staff and an innovative, dynamic workload. The North Loop office was nice.

Cons

I've heard the engineering staff is sitting on their hands. It's only a matter of time before they enter bankruptcy. I've had many talks with former colleagues about The Real Strategy of running the company into the ground. Surely there has to be more to the story than ineptitude? Alas, like Trump, there is no well conceived strategy. Only arrogance, bluster, and incompetence.

Advice to Management

Retire. Perhaps start a lawn mowing business.

"Fall of the Empire"

I worked at Logic PD full-time

Pros

Currently no reason left to work there as all the good personnel have left. Once great company now only remnant of former glory (just like Roman Empire).

Cons

Poorest executive team management, starting with CEO, ever seen. Case study in how to drive a company into the ground.

Found 48 reviews