Lynntech Reviews | Glassdoor

Lynntech Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2019

Found 26 reviews

3.5
Lynntech CEO  Lynntech (no image)
Lynntech
  1. "Awesome engineering experience"

Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in College Station, TX

I have been working at Lynntech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The types of projects vary from year to year, depending on the phase of the project. So it hasn’t gotten boring even after 3 years of working at Lynntech. I also really enjoy my manager and coworkers. Upper management are easy to approach.

Cons

Sometimes in SBIR and R&D your idea isn’t going to work and you have to be OK with failure. Some of the science is going to be novel and try to push broundaries and it may not always pan out.

Advice to Management

Keep working on getting hard requirements from the DoD/customer early on and defining product expectations. You’ve been doing better. Keep it up.

Lynntech2019-06-06
  2. "Great People, More to be desired in benefits"

I have been working at Lynntech full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and work environment Very much a successful SBIR company You get to work in the areas and projects you are most interested and they do seek to keep you happy doing what you are best at. Definitely a level company with no problems of running into overbearing administrators, every one's opinion is basically on the same level and employees will listen to what you have to say no matter your experience... level.

Cons

Payment, salary is lower than normal. Facilities leave a little more to be desired. Benefits are decent but nothing to rave about.

Advice to Management

Pay more to employees upfront and you will retain a lot more employees, it will definitely equal out in the long term with the amount of time and resources you will save on having to interview and hire new candidates

Lynntech2019-02-28

"Collaborative and challenging"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Lynntech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work can vary quite a bit with opportunities to collaborate with talented people in many other areas of expertise. Projects move quickly and offer challenging problems that require creative thinking and deep understanding of background technologies. Lynntech has been successful at getting novel and exciting projects funded and shows signs of growth. Flexible hours with every other Friday off (9/80 schedule) make... working here a good work-life balance.

Cons

With lots of multiple projects running concurrently, time management can be difficult. When deadlines overlap it can get pretty hectic and eat into evenings and weekends.

Lynntech2018-11-12
  4. "Exciting fast paced work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in College Station, TX

I have been working at Lynntech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lynntech offers an engineer the ability to work on a variety of projects. From concept generation to prototype delivery, you are able to be a part of the whole process. The engineers and scientists are all quick to offer help and there's never a shortage of learning opportunity.

Cons

There are no major cons

Lynntech2018-09-15

"Think twice before you come here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I have been working at Lynntech full-time

Pros

Work is very diverse Projects can be very interesting You may never work on the same thing again One of the top SBIR companies in America

Cons

You work on so many different things you never really get great at anything Poor salary and benefits - and this is widely acknowledged even at Lynntech People...people with giant egos. Turn over seems high. The above reasons could be why. Taking pros and cons together, I have made up my mind that I don't like working here.

Lynntech2018-07-23

"Poor"

I have been working at Lynntech full-time

Pros

Small company, location, fast-paced

Cons

Proposal mill, politics, stress, exploitation ,

Advice to Management

Reduce overheads, let groups focus on technologies, don’t be jack of all and master of none

Lynntech2018-06-01

Lynntech Response

June 6, 2018Director of HR

We are sorry to hear of your review as well as we are thankful to know your thoughts. As HR and the CEO cover with each new hire if something is not right in your work situation let us know as we are always available to receive suggestions for improvement. Lynntech is a a unique ...

"Proposal Mill"

Research Associate in College Station, TX

I worked at Lynntech for more than 8 years

Pros

Work on cutting edge technology and have access to state of the art facilities and equipment.

Cons

An enormous amount of govt tax dollars wasted on research that has no value. The executives don't seem to have any real desire to take any risks on their technology by investing in them to take them to market. Instead it's proposal funded phase 1 phase 2, rinse cycle repeat.

Advice to Management

Invest in the technologies you are developing so that we can all benefit from the hundreds of millions of tax dollars invested in your R&D.

Lynntech2017-10-23

"Fast paced grant driven research environment"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in College Station, TX

I have been working at Lynntech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flex time schedules, talented scientists, very flat company hierarchy, potential for upward mobility especially for those willing to write grants. There is a continuous cycle of projects that can provide an impressive learning experience while working with a multitude of techniques and approaches.

Cons

Grant driven private research culture can be very frustrating in terms of timelines and budgets. Not every good idea will get the chance to be explored fully. Projects that do not show positive results quickly wither in favor of newer research topics.

Lynntech2017-02-20

"Brilliant People that will help you grow"

I have been working at Lynntech full-time

Pros

Very bright and friendly employees with great ideas; lots of learning opportunities to expand your career; insurance is pretty good

Cons

There can be disconnects between different employees and project managers; largely a proposal mill

Lynntech2016-11-11

"Research Technician"

Current Employee - Research Technician in College Station, TX

I have been working at Lynntech part-time

Pros

Lynntech provides an environment which facilitates learning new skill and developing new technologies. Every day is different, one day you may be writing software and another you are running an experiment. The people are wonderful to work with and many are experts in their field.

Cons

Can get stressful when projects come to the due date if work falls behind.

Lynntech2016-11-04