MAAX Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MAAX President and CEO Mark A. Gold
Mark A. Gold

1. "I have gotten to play many roles as a designer at MAAX."

Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at MAAX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work we do in R&D directly effects thousands of consumers. Fast paced and challenging work.

Cons

Our new mother company ABG does not view innovation like we do, which may cause problems.

Advice to Management

Make sure good business isn't just counting beans

2. "Business Process Owner"

Former Employee - Business Process Owner
    Former Employee - Business Process Owner

Pros

Dynamic company willing to implement change to succeed. Quality products.

Cons

Company offered limited career opportunities and growth options. Aggressive market resulting in career instability.

3. "Miss them much!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great salary benefits and boss

Cons

Trying to get the Canadians to understand US marketing

Advice to Management

Listen to more people in the US

5. "It's a job."

Current Employee - Shipping Loader in Plymouth, IN
    Current Employee - Shipping Loader in Plymouth, IN

Pros

Weekly pay. Good benefits. Nice coworkers

Cons

Poor managment. Alot of politics and biasnes. Your good as long as your willing to be a yes man or step on people. They'd promote someone they like over someone who does a great job just cause they're a favorite. I've seen real hard workers demoted and held back over people they hang out with outside of work or always in the office kissing up. Then the ones promoted do suck a horrible job they lose that new position. Unqualified managment unskilled as well. They dont care at all about people (except yes men) even when there companies burning in flames they pay hard workers crap. I myself have been there 5 years and make less then $11 an hour. AlI over politics i'm not sure how they live with theirselves. I gotta eat though and love what I do even though its tough work. I need my insurance or I would love to quit.

Advice to Management

How about less picking favorites. You could treat ppl a lot better. I've been here 5 years and make the least out of everyone. And for what, because i dont kiss up. Because of politics your keeping me poor. My numbers are better then anyone in the warehouse. And its not opinion thats a proven fact and you treat me lilke this? How do you sleep at night? You really need to pay your people better. Best thing that could happen is if we employees unionize. And more breaks would be nice like an extra 15. Its a hard job, maybe hr doesnt understand it. And bank hours are a joke, it would be nice if you got a fresh start for missing time. You have a high turn over rate because you dont give a crap about people. Best advice to the managment, from hr to the warehouse, plant and production that i can give is this; resign and higher new managment with better people skills. I dont hate anyone, but a lot of you people disgust me.

6. "OVERALL GOOD"

Pros

OVERALL GOOD, colleagues are very friendly

Cons

for internship is good, not for fulltime

7. "Good entrepreneurial company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at MAAX (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial Spirit, very few bureaucratie

Cons

High turn over, need more process improvement, IT need to support the business

8. "Little positive to say"

Pros

Weekly pay, if that is a benefit, other than that i cannot think of much that was positive during my experience

Cons

After an extensively long and complicated interview process including numerous phone, face to face interviews, i was selected and requested to give a powerpoint on a project that i was proud of. I had to present to a VP and then was asked back to present to the president.

I started my first day with enthusiasm but that ended quickly

the work environment is old and rundown and messy, you are constantly stepping over parts, boxes and pallets, the only exception being the executive area.

the company focuses on the short term, i was instructed not to chase medium to long range strategies in favor of saving a nickle today.

Middle management and line manager were non-existent in training on process and systems and i received most of my induction from a departing summer intern.

You could see, very quickly, how some people were favorites and where you stood in that was arbitrary.

When i left, the VP of my group said that they didn't expect me to last very long, making me wonder when that decision was made and why did they then hire me. i later found out from someone else who worked there that the churn in the functional area I was in was greater than 100% p a.

I, honestly, tried very hard to come up with something positive to say about this group so that the review wouldn't be entirely negative, but other than meeting some friendly colleagues, i cannot

9. "Internship - R&D"

Pros

good people, lots of responsibility

Cons

pay is on the lower end

10. "Marketing"

Pros

Dynamic and experienced team. Recognition of great employees.

Cons

Lots of restructurations. Cheap travelling. No salary increase because the financial statements of the company is not stable.

"Steady employment"

Current Employee - Chop Gun Operator, Laminator, Detailer, Repairs, Trainer
    Current Employee - Chop Gun Operator, Laminator, Detailer, Repairs, Trainer

I have been working at MAAX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at MAAX is the benefits, vacation time after one year and the mostly steady hours and schedule offered in most plants.

Cons

This company can be very frustrating. Without strong leadership, and people who care about the employees as much as they care about pushing numbers, your days end up long, hard, and very frustrating. This company is all about money and they don't care about the employees and how hard they are pushed in difficult work environments so long ad at the end of the day they have 350 units built. Its hot, hard and physically breaks your body down if you don't have the option of rotating positions once and a while to lessen the repetitive job stress.

Advice to Management

The people are important, they do the heavy labor and step up to make the company succeed. Don't treat them like they are all replaceable and not worth the dirt on the bottom of your shoe. We are not machines, we are people.