MDVIP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Bret Jorgensen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Friendly work environment, good people work there (in 7 reviews)

• Nice coworkers, you're in AC, it's smaller than a typical call center, you're not completely cold calling strangers (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Little support for any level of work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Sixty hour work week expected, full time travel, plus expectations to teach yourself new product in your 'down time' - absolutely impossible (in 3 reviews)

"Director"

I have been working at MDVIP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to truly affect a physicians life. MDVIP gives you the opportunity to earn a great living. The company is flexible with time off and really allows you to do whatever it takes to close the deal.

Cons

Hardest sale you will ever encounter, if you aren't willing to forget everything you have ever learned about sales don't apply. They manage by fear, depending on the specific executive you are under. Diminishing targets, many physicians coming out of school do not want to run their own practices. Therefore the sales cycles are much longer with hospitals, but the company doesn't change your specific goals. The ED's still expect the same amount of closes, some just say figure it out. Training has gotten better but not by much, you will get a week to figure it all out then you're out there on your own.

Advice to Management

For some become better coaches and leaders, then your team will do anything for you. DON'T MANAGE BY FEAR! Adjust the goals to reflect realistic targets.

2. "Poor Culture"

I worked at MDVIP full-time

Pros

Other than having a free MDVIP physician and some good paid holidays there are no pros.

Cons

Poor culture, horrible management at director, manager, and supervisor levels. No opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Time to rethink your current management staff. They have killed the culture and are not on board with growth and change.

3. "Train the Trainers"

I worked at MDVIP full-time

Pros

All of the travel was great!

Cons

No clear training for the team. Fractured team

"The best kept secret!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MDVIP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is extremely pleasant. It is very fast paced and rewarding. The company has a great leadership team that wants their employees to continue to grow and add value to the company. Everyone is very passionate within their roles which means you have great interactions with your coworkers! Each department is just as important as the rest, MDVIP promotes a collaborative work environment. Employee's are always welcomed to give suggestions to management and they actually listen! I've never worked for a company that cares about their employees and company culture the way MDVIP does.

Cons

The negative Glassdoor reviews.. I don't think it is a reflection of the company. I wish more employees who currently work for MDVIP or parted ways on good terms would leave more comments.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve peoples lives!

"Patient Advocate"

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MDVIP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great job if you can swing the four month assignments and uncertainty of where you will be at any given time. I don't know who the reviewer is who said you did not get benefits until you were off Temp PA status but they are wrong and I have medical insurance and a generous dollar for dollar match on my 401k that says differently. I have a product to sell I really believe in and I think the model is going to continue to grow. Lots of internal promotions and good culture (I am field based, so that is subjective to the short time I have spent in the home office.)

Cons

Taxing the stipend for away assignments (and in some cases getting hit with double taxes - your home state AND the state you are assigned in) makes it a lot less generous than what it seems on the surface. Plans can change at the last minute and you absolutely HAVE to be flexible. Sometimes the internal quota you are given and the amount of patients the doctor actually wants are very different and it can be a challenge to meet goals and keep physicians happy.

Advice to Management

Great company but EXTREME silo mentality - worst I have ever seen in my career. If there were more collaboration between departments and less "stay in you own lane" policies, the company and our clients would benefit. I had a lead on a corporate account and was stifled (at multiple points) trying to pass this info up the ladder. That was very disheartening!

6. "Os"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MDVIP (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Travel is extensive so prepare to be gone

"PA (Healthcare Sales)"

Former Employee - PA, Medical Sales
    Former Employee - PA, Medical Sales

I worked at MDVIP full-time

Pros

None. Other than I wished I had read a review like this before applying and accepting a Position.

Cons

Run. Do not even apply. Training is a joke. If they have no where to place you after Training (i.e. a Physician Office) they will come up with reasons as to why it didn't work out. My entire Training Class were all out of jobs within a couple months and were given no warning or replacement because the "Product" you are selling to Physicians Patients is no better than any other Medical Insurance Policy. MDVIP has difficulty signing Physician Groups up and therefore no job placement.

Advice to Management

Be honest and consistent. Vagueness is never a desired Mission Statement.

8. "Program Specialist"

I worked at MDVIP full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment, good people work there

Cons

Poor leadership.
    0 to minimal growth potential, which also seems to be played based off of favoritism

"Patient Advocate"

Current Employee - Patient Advocate
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate

I have been working at MDVIP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work closely with a physician in the process of transforming their practice to a boutique model where patients pay an annual fee.

Cons

Being away from home and friends for about 4 months. During this time you are provide a stipend from which you have to cover your meals and airfare or gas if you aren't flying distance. The stipend rangs from several hundred dollars to about $1700/month,depending on whether you are a temp or a Sr. PA. The stipend is taxed as though it was part of your income! Sr.PAs are eligible for benefits while temps aren't. You are paid an hourly rate of about $25 to start and overtime is ample. Turnover is very high because even though it is a sales position, there are no bonuses or commissions. This is odd because the Pas are the primary source of company income. It is not an easy sale and you'll deal with a lot of upset patients who can't afford the annual fee of $1650-$1800/yr. If you have any other options, AVOID THIS POSITION!

Advice to Management

Treat the PAs like professional sales people and don't use a separate travel policy from what the rest of the company uses.

"Proceed with caution"

I worked at MDVIP full-time

Pros

People at MDVIP are passionate about what they are doing. Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Little support for any level of work-life balance.