Cover image for MOD Pizza

67% Recommend to a Friend
79% Approve of CEO

Found 1,092 of over 1K reviews

3.7
MOD Pizza Chief Executive Officer Scott Svenson (no image)
Scott Svenson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They hire felons and give everyone second chances which can be great for people who want to start over.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Good pay and better people.(in 71 reviews)
  • "Free pizza every shift and discounts when you're not working (50% off everything).(in 60 reviews)
  • "Free food and shirts (I know a lot of companies make you pay for extra shirts)(in 56 reviews)
  • "Great atmosphere and coworkers.(in 49 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MOD Pizza and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

Nov 8, 2022 - Squad in Cedar Park, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty easy, free food, laid back

Cons

Sometimes rude customers. Lack of support from corporate.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of Room to Grow, also room for unchecked bad behavior.

Nov 21, 2022 - Shift Lead in Puyallup, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mod's slogan is "people before pizza," and they put a big focus on treating their employees with kindness. This has been a huge plus, as the 5 general managers I have worked with have been mostly very fair, and MOD is a great place to learn and grow as a professional.

Cons

However, the downside of this is that they can be so nice, that other employees who cause ongoing issues (gossip, threats, favoritism, prejudice against religious/gender/sexual orientation, general disrespect of others) will get off with simply a "talk" at best. There is no accountability in place to keep the workplace professional. MOD is "accepting" as advertised, but takes little to no action to uphold that code of conduct when violated by other employees.

Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for submitting your review. Would you be willing to provide us further details on your experience to peoplesupport@modpizza.com?

3. Join the MOD Pizza team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Easy Upward Movement but No Upper Management Support

Oct 10, 2022 - Captain in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Easy opportunities for upward movement, extremely encouraged as well - Extremely inclusive and welcoming environment - Great values and morals - Clear standards and expectations - Opportunity to support great causes

Cons

- No support from upper management - Severe understaffing issues - ended up working overtime every week - Underpaid for the amount of work you put in in terms of industry standard (make almost $5 more at any other company for same amount of work) - Weird benefits program - enrollment periods only happen twice a year and must be meet minimum average hours within the time period to qualify (aka if you get promoted towards the end of an enrollment the period you won’t qualify until the next one over six months later) - Clearly do not listen or take into account what people actually working in the stores have to say about problems (basically did nothing about staffing shortage aside from hiring marketing - offered no support for stores with no staff, expected management from other stores to work at others in the district/just overworked management and staff)

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Free food, some good coworkers, but terrible pay

Oct 1, 2022 - Restaurant Team Member in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm currently a college student working at MOD, and I've been working there for a good 2+ months now. The only enjoyable parts of this job are the free food and a couple of my coworkers who are amazing people. I only look forward to going into my shift if a coworker I like is working the same shift too.

Cons

Every time I get my paycheck, I'm disappointed. My pet peeve is when companies pay a non-livable wage and rely on their paying customers to feel empathy for their workers and pay what the remaining ethical compensation should be -- that's what happens at MOD (granted, it happens at most other places too. gotta love corporate greed). Most of the customers I've served have been nice, but there are always some bad ones in food service. Also, if you end up working here prepare to burn yourself a lot, and they are bad at re-supplying the first aid kits so you'll be stuck with a sizzling burn while working. I have a couple of scars to show for it already. I'm a firm believer in people getting paid what they deserve, so be wary of working here if you share the same sentiment. Good luck.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

ModPizza

Nov 30, 2022 - Crew Member in Kentland, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

free food, chill management and employees

Cons

Doesn't uphold their main values.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Easy job good fun

Nov 15, 2022 - Manager in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work, non-mundane, customer interaction, choose which station to work, flexible hours

Cons

Constant customer service and communication

Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At MOD, we seek to perform like a world-class team, while treating each other like family, we are prepared to hold each other accountable to be our best. It is important to us that our Squad feels valued, appreciated, and happy so we loved to hear about your positive experience.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Company Review

Nov 13, 2022 - Restaurant Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool place to work. Free pizza every shift, cool people.

Cons

For a regular high school job, not many cons or anything unexpected.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Community

Nov 14, 2022 - Crew Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a great community and is full of good energy

Cons

It gets busy but you get through it

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great tips

Nov 16, 2022 - Captain
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun job with good tips

Cons

No performance review raises for long term employees

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not bad, used to be better

Jul 2, 2022 - All Star
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, paid sick days, free food, flexible schedule, good culture, can be fun.

Cons

No raises. My pay was cut when I moved to a different store because that store was newer and they are slowly lowering pay of all employees up to GMs. Also their healthcare plan is good except it's way too expensive given the pay functionally making it pointless(my opinion). Can be high stress also. Talk about being pro worker yet don't pay the same as they do in Washington where it was founded because they know they can pay workers less in the great state of Texas. This is the only job I've ever worked at where they give the opposite of raises for working hard.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,092 Reviews
</>Embed

MOD Pizza Reviews FAQs

MOD Pizza has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,110 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at MOD Pizza to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MOD Pizza employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MOD Pizza. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

67% of MOD Pizza employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MOD Pizza 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MOD Pizza to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with MOD Pizza Job Seekers