Martin Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Growing health system offering additional jobs, competitive wages, tuition assistance (in 3 reviews)

• I have great co-workers, the medical benefits are good - as they should be considering it is a health system (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, low advancement opportunity (in 7 reviews)

• Will make you work PRN as needed basis even though you will work full time hours with no lunch or breaks or benefits (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Organization"

Pros

Offers great benefits to Full Time employees. Approachable management, CEO made it a point to meet everyone in the organization and spend time in all areas. Really a great place to work I love MHS

Cons

Limited parking, some employees are negative but Martin seems to be working hard to change negative behavior

Advice to Management

Management seems to be very engaged in the company. Continue to grow your employees

2. "3 hospital system - disjointed"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Martin Health System (More than 3 years)

Pros

Scheduling is self made, small community feel to each of the 3 hospitals, not for profit

Cons

Inconsistent policies, "new" hospital gets all the updates/new equipment, room assignment by acuity leads to assignments all over the floor. Always get phone call for overtime...

Advice to Management

Bring in a policy expert to streamline policies across the system. Stop making existing employees commit to a 2 year contract to move departments, treat employees better - stop letting people go and then replacing them with a cheaper, less knowledgeable person.

3. "Don't believe anything they say..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuart, FL

Pros

They are a local hospital with many departments and the benefits are not bad.

Cons

They will tell you anything they think you want to hear. They pursued me and when I accepted the position, they admitted they had no idea what I should be doing. They hired me for my expertise and never gave guidance or support. When I built the program, I submitted it to my superiors who consistently told me "good job", "excellent", "fantastic" but never indicated any issues. The providers fought me tooth and nail as they didn't understand the program not had a desire to follow it as they perceived it to be "more work/less pay". Out of nowhere, I was called in and told the physicians complained about how I educated and they didn't think I represented their "values". Funny how my boss and my boss' boss accompanied me on several occasions and never said anything about how I educated the providers. Don't work for the medical group! They are full of whiners that know exactly who to go to, to get their way...and they ALWAYS get their way!

Advice to Management

Grow a pair! Tell your physicians, who receive a paycheck just like the rest of us, "this is the way it is, get on board or leave!" You also need to provide incentives and consequences for not "following procedures". Then you may actually get the revenue you seek instead of leaving MILLIONS on the table. It's not hard, but unless both sides are willing to listen, don't expect anything to change!

5. "Patient Care Technician/medical assistant"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Martin Health System (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get medical benefits whether your full time or part time

Cons

Unprofessional behavior by numerous staff members and history of incorrect training

Advice to Management

Train your staff better to work together with coworkers

6. "It's who you know"

I worked at Martin Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cons

Good ole boys club management style, no room for advancement unless you're part of the right clique. Some managers look down on associates without a degree even though not all management team members have one. Hypocrites.

Advice to Management

Don't ask your associates to do something you're not willing to do. That's not leadership.

7. "Good"

Pros

Close to home good benefits great staff flexible schedule great learning good training good doctors good management safe environments great hospital

Cons

Busy long hours quick turnover heavy patients not enough parking noisy no sctivities no parties no luncheon no birtdsy parties

Advice to Management

None

8. "psr"

Current Employee - Check-in & Check-out in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Check-in & Check-out in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Martin Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

competitive wages, PTO, major holidays paid

Cons

secretive, clicks, mediocre advancement, poor communication

9. "Great company"

Pros

Good coworkers, approachable leadership, good organization values and mission, learning organization, growth opportunities

Cons

Parking. I do not have anything negative to say about this organization

Advice to Management

Good recognition for potential candidates for growth. Approachable leaders

10. "Mash Officer"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Martin Health System part-time

Pros

Very personable management towards employees

Cons

12 hr shifts should be 8 hr

Advice to Management

No need to micro manage employees

11. "Great Environment.....But Low Pay"

Current Employee - Pct II in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Pct II in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Martin Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Co-workers and great environment; Clean Facilities; So-so benefits; A lot of overtime.

Cons

Very low pay compared to other hospitals in the area; Managers micro manage; No room for advancement if you are not a RN (I have a bachelor's and MBA)

Advice to Management

More leadership training for NON-Nurses like Healthcare Administration/Business/Marketing/HR programs.