Maxill Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2018

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Soul Crusher Alleger is gone !!! :)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cortland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cortland, OH

I have been working at Maxill full-time

Pros

The Soul Crusher writer has finally left the building.
    Worked with her long time. More like endured.
    OMG thank the supreme Lord above she is gone.

Place is so much better and a breeze of fresh air through here.
    Negative drama all day everyday.

Cons

None. Its all positive she left.

Advice to Management

Don't hire anyone like that again.
    We are much busier these days. Its looking much better.

"I had to read it to believe it but indeed the owner is nuts"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cortland, OH
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cortland, OH

I worked at Maxill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I no longer work there. I was smart enough to get out I don’t know how the other employees stayed for years...

Cons

First employer to ever make me cry, poor training, was told I would make commission but never did, even after bringing on new accounts.

When a former coworker told me about the response the OWNER wrote in to another review, I had to see it to believe it. Not sure why I was shocked, it seems about right for him. Funny thing is the soul crusher isn’t a “she” it’s a he. It is the actual owner. In my 50 plus years on this planet I have never heard a business owner talk so terribly to and in front of his employees. Maybe if he made himself a swear jar for all of those F bombs he drops he might be able to make good on the promises of commission he makes. That a few former coworkers and I can recall approximately 22 people have been hired, fired, or quit from this company in less than four years. If that doesn’t say something about this place I don’t know what does.

Advice to Management

Better training
    Make good on things promised
    Tell the owner to stop writing phony reviews

"Soul crushing place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cortland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cortland, OH

I worked at Maxill full-time

Pros

Nothing comes to mind where pros are concerned.

Cons

Hostile environment, upper management enjoys making others feel terrible, raises are not based on how hard you work, but rather if the boss feels like it. Policy and procedure always changing. Very high turnover rate for such a young company.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure if any advice will change the culture of this company.

"Up and Coming"

Current Employee - External Sales in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - External Sales in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Maxill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products
    Great Pricing.
    Good co-workers.
    Amazing sales IT
    Customer service levels
    Pretty autonomous working conditiosn

Cons

No health benefits at this time

Advice to Management

Health Benefits

"Better place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cortland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cortland, OH

I have been working at Maxill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No health benefits. Maybe they will come someday.

Cons

Business is getting busier and the boss is very laid back with flex time and ideas.

Advice to Management

Make us busier with more sales.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Maxill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing positive about this company

Cons

The owner is a foul mouthed heathen that cannot construct a sentence without the "F" word. The culture of the company is negative and lacking any direction.

"What employees say, usually reflects more about them than their employer"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Maxill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel I should weigh in here.
    Good company overall. On this current course, we are going to do very well I feel. Will take time, but we are moving in the proper direction on a consistent basis. At least my territory is anyhow.
    Very competitive company in a very competitive business space. Pricewise competitive it’s incredible.
    My monthly sales are organically growing and my customers are more than pleased with our service, the products and pricing. They are ordering more.
    So not having to write a lot more, I have a lot more of pros to say about maxill than cons.
    I have been a sales professional my whole life and been fortunate enough with sales experience in two Fortune 500 companies. I can tell you that I like the communication field and the structures we have in place. While we are still small, it’s most beneficial and will contribute to our growth undoubtedly. I honestly feel that the lean structure we have is a big reason for our monthly sales increases and yours and my eventual success.

Cons

I really can’t think of any cons other than my own personal targets that I push myself daily to achieve. I do have great support from the company on pricing and that is so key in this industry and my winning accounts over.
    One possible Con! If I ever lose the pricing advantage, my growth will be severely limited so please, take careful note of that.

Advice to Management

What employees say, usually reflects more about them than their employer

My advice to the owner is this. And we all know who he is.
    I do not work out of the home office. I gather that there are a few ( and I have been told that there are not many ) bitterly sour estranged ex-employees out there who get great satisfaction in writing negative reviews and to bash you and your successful enterprise whenever and however they can.
    Just simply ignore them.
    I did not know you at all before I met you and signed onboard for sales. In one year of an employee \ employer relationship my experience has been nothing but positive. I will also note that I interact daily with many of yours and mine fellow employees that are 5, 10 and 15 year employees that are most positive and content and never once bash our workplace or try to tear it down. That says a lot to me as a newcomer.
    So why do people bash, smash, bad mouth and negative talk a current employer or ex-employer every chance they get? A few reasons actually. Low self-worth. Personal failure. Platform. The internet now gives them a soap box in the village square from with which to shout and vent to anyone who will listen. Thankfully, most people simply ignore and garner some humor from these tirades over in the humor area.
    We see everyday employers leaving employees and employees leaving employers. How this separation is conducted says a lot about both parties. If an employer abruptly closes or sheds employees with no compensation or reason, it says a lot about that employer and their future chances of success. That is clearly not the case here.
    If an employee departs an employer and needs to share their personal dissatisfaction and negativity to the whole world, those words and thoughts are more often than not coming from a hollow, shallow individual that is lacking self-esteem, self-worth and is pretty much sour on everything they encounter along their way. Their next employer will be so fortunate to have them.
    My advice? Simply ignore them. They do more far more harm to themselves than they do to your proven enterprise that does have many happy employees.

8. "Some very sad and bitter people no longer here"

Current Employee - Territory Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Representative

I have been working at Maxill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting much busier in a tough competitive business. My sales territory is growing and that is what I focus on each and every day. Don't get involved in office drama as you can tell was not good.
    The owner is very transparent and fair. As a sales person you could not ask for a more fair and transparent place to work. The owner is a sales person at heart which I like and not an accountant or ego driven manager.
    Never late getting paid.
    Good products.
    Good customer service.
    Good pricing.
    Growth prospects.

Cons

I do wish we had had health benefits. Who wouldn't.
    We know there are few former people from the office who have large knives to sharpen and try to wreck the environment for those the remain, are content and do well. If you new their personal lifes you would understand why they are so bitter against the whole world and not just a former employer that is really pretty good.

Advice to Management

Simply ignore those who are gone and are bitter for whatever reason. Let them go on to bigger and better things and may all the riches and wonders of the world be rained upon them.
    Each month we are busier and busier and there are many happy people here. Keep focusing on the business and leave these former bitter in the rear view mirror where they belong.

9. "Tim Ho's has better benefits"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Maxill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sample room. You might get a free toothbrush or a lip balm.

Cons

Too many to list.

Advice to Management

Problems generally start with management.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)

Pros

work independently, flexible, own hours and time management

Cons

lack of management, low salary, dog and pony show

Advice to Management

provide some professional sales training and management direction