Meridian Knowledge Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Meridian Knowledge Solutions Reviews

Found 54 reviews

3.8
Jonna Ward
Pros
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "Little visibility/engagement from upper management(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Meridian Knowledge Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Firstly the culture at Meridian is amazing, I joined the company a couple months ago and was pretty nervous since this is my first job out of school. The existing team is very supporting towards new employees, personally speaking that is the biggest pro. Other pro would be the flexibility in terms of the work from home capability if required is a big plus. More pros would be added to the list as I progress in...

Cons

Not any at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep Rocking! Big Shoutout to our CEO Jonna Ward for being so supportive and energetic ; she has multiple businesses but takes out the time to attend every single event!

February 4, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thoughts! It’s great to hear that the culture and people at Meridian have helped shape your positive experience. We truly value our employees and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. Keep up the great ...

"Strong product, hard-working team"

• Overall

I have been working at Meridian Knowledge Solutions full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

New leadership is definitely on the right track to reignite Meridian's position in the LMS space. The latest version of the product is strong and can stand up to the competition.

Cons

Need to get raise the company's awareness levels to get back to the forefront of the market, but the team seems eager to make it happen.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the feedback from staff and customers, invest in resources needed to get the job done.

3. "Love it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Meridian Knowledge Solutions full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The culture at Meridian is something I have never seen before

Cons

I actually have no Cons

"Sales & Marketing"

I have been working at Meridian Knowledge Solutions full-time

Pros

Superior new Leadership Uncovering new directions and strategy Teamwork is outstanding

Cons

Some growing and shifting pains but definitely stronger than ever.

"Great Teamwork"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

This is the best collaboration between teams that I have ever experienced. The leadership encourages growth in your career. I feel that they are very open to new ideas. They care about the employees and the clients.

Cons

I have not come across any cons as of yet. I have been with Meridian for a year and this is the best company I have worked for in my career.

Advice to Management

Please continue doing the team building activities you have been doing.

August 7, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a stellar review! We are happy to have you on the team!

6. "Not a good company to work for..."

I worked at Meridian Knowledge Solutions

Pros

Management does not micromanage, telecommuting allowed

Cons

No direction/support, no raises, and expectation to work long hours

Advice to Management

Pizza and potlucks do not motivate overworked, and under compensated employees

August 7, 2018Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry to hear your frustrations. In regard to pay, we are committed to providing a competitive compensation program in order to hire, retain and motivate our employees. We are making great efforts to improve the morale and culture in all areas ...

"A great company with great management"

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in Green Bay, WI

Pros

This is a remote friendly company so that's a super big plus! I work on the UX team and everyone is so helpful and a true inspiration to work with. I was challenged to learn more in the first month I was hired at Meridian than in the 10 years at my previous job. My manager is the best part though, he's so down to earth and truly feels like a friend that's out to make my work life better.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Thanks for an amazing work environment. This is truly one of the best places I've ever worked!

August 7, 2018Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We’re glad that you think Meridian is a great place to work and encourage you to continue sharing your feedback with us on how we can become better.

"Flexible environment and lot's of opportunities to wear multiple hats..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

Flexible scheduling Telecommuting opportunities Ownership of duties rewarded Many opportunities to wear multiple hats and work across teams/groups (no one wears a single hat) Many resources/personnel to learn from Long company history and foundation

Cons

Not really a con: Relatively small company...those used to larger organizations with limited roles (single hats) may not find this to be the right environment for them.

Advice to Management

Consider defining longer range career pathing to help employees think long term responsibilities

August 7, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! Our leadership team is committed to increasing training and development opportunities to help define long term goals for each employee. If you have any questions on this or further feedback you'd like to suggest, feel free ...

"Sales & Marketing"

• Overall

Pros

Extreme amount of growth opportunities available to those who work hard and help the company develop. A lot of opportunities available for projects. The company has been around for 22+ years and yet the time spent here has felt like a startup in the sense that what you do makes a difference everyday in the companies direction.

Cons

Company is growing and the transition of teams/promotions/new hiring can be feel difficult at times and hard to adapt to. Organization of responsibilities can feel a bit convoluted at times, especially in lower level positions as management finds what it needs to hand off through the growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent, continue to weed out those who work hard for the best company growth, continue to build stronger connections with your employees and create a positive company culture. You're on the right track.

"Dynamic Workplace with lots of Growth Potential"

• Overall

I have been working at Meridian Knowledge Solutions full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Helpful team mates, leadership willing to mentor growth, ability to make a difference and create immediate impact

Cons

Needs bigger team size to keep up with the workload

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees and refining strategy to improve market share. There's so much potential!

August 7, 2018Human Resources

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review! We agree, there is so much potential and our employees are the driving force behind that potential. We are thrilled to hear that you’re feeling positive about the progress we’ve made and that you’re optimistic about the future. ...

Found 54 reviews