Metasoft Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Trevor Skillen

Pros
  • Learned a lot about non profits which was really interesting (in 19 reviews)

• I've stuck with my current role as it is offering me the work-life balance that I need right now with the opportunity to work from home (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • reduced to a statistic and left to doubt whether management is interested at all in non profits or solely in the bottom line, at the client's expense (in 5 reviews)

• If you're not a morning person, some of the hours might be rough depending on your position (in 2 reviews)

1. "Opportunity to grow and innovate"

I have been working at Metasoft Systems full-time

Pros

It has been an action packed past year with an exceptional opportunity to work alongside a passionate CEO and an aggressive team of professionals. This is one of the few software products and services organizations around that has 25 years of rich history where young talent is groomed to grow through the ranks and is provided an exceptional opportunity develop new skills and grow in various departments. A true open door policy where access to senior management is encouraged and expected. A potent blend of seasoned and experienced staff with long successful tenures and high energy millennials with eye on a management role or tripling their earning potential especially in the sales departments. I am enjoying every minute of it and honoured to be a part of this elite group of professionals.

Cons

This is not an ideal place for those looking for an even-paced or non-target based environments where being average is acceptable. One must possess ambition, drive and ability to solve problems to do well in any department - low energy individuals may not fit in and therefore do poorly.

Advice to Management

Continue to push harder and hire hungry talent so we all can continue to get better every day.

2. "Senior Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Metasoft Systems (More than a year)

Pros

I'm an existing employee that has major surgery coming up soon that will have me recovering for 2 or more months - just don't know. The owner proposed to reconfigure my work so that I could work from home indefinitely to support my recovery instead of having to take sick leave and unpaid leave of absence. This is the kind of support you hope you get if you need it.

Cons

I don't really have any downsides. Best job I've had.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

3. "Awesome People!"

I have been working at Metasoft Systems full-time

Pros

Culture and environment in a company has always been one of the important things for me in selecting the company I work for. I have definitely found an amazing culture within Metasoft. The employees are all positive and uplifting and everyone works hard to upkeep and protect that environment. There is also a lot of opportunities to learn new things and people are willing to teach you.

Cons

The clientele varies therefore there are sometime when working extremely early hours are necessary. Although if you're a morning person or someone who enjoys getting things done early then this is probably more of a pro for you.

4. "Amazing Team, Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Junior Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Junior Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Metasoft Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The SDR team an amazing team and one that I'm glad to have worked with. The people there are positive, ambitious and willing to put in the work. They come from different backgrounds and add tremendous value in their own unique way.

Coming from no business or sales experience, you will learn a lot from the people around you and from management. The training they provide and the coaching they provide is some of the best I've received.

Cons

The job is 100% cold-calling. You have to have thick skin and you have to be OK with having days where almost no one answers the phone and has a conversation with you.

With that, the pay is very minimal. Yes it is possible to make OK money with commission however, the base is almost nothing and you have to really put in the work for the commission. It's not impossible, but whether or not it's worth it for you at the end of the day is up to you.

Advice to Management

Be more open to suggestions. Reward those, at a more competitive rate, that are putting in the hours and putting in the work.

5. "Work for a winner. Get rewarded. Have fun doing it."

I have been working at Metasoft Systems full-time

Pros

I worked for Metasoft many years ago. I recently returned to the company because I wanted to work for an organization with great products and a track-record of success. I also liked the corporate culture and the company’s focus on excellence. The office is really easy to get to and the (amazing) staff frequently get together to socialize and celebrate the company’s milestones and achievements.

Cons

Everyone in the company is held accountable for their performance and their contribution to the organization – no matter what they do. That can sometimes be uncomfortable for individuals who are looking for a ‘safe’ or ‘easy’ role. Other than that, one of the biggest challenges is dodging all the tourists lazily strolling around Gastown during high-tourist seasons.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to bring increased value to customers and to leverage data to enable high performance.

6. "Great people!"

I have been working at Metasoft Systems full-time

Pros

Great people working at the company - people really care about what they do here.

Cons

If you're not a morning person, some of the hours might be rough depending on your position.

7. "Amazing people"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative

I worked at Metasoft Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a great bunch of people to work with - both the team and managers
    Learned a lot about non profits which was really interesting
    A great way to get into sales if you're starting out - seems to be lots of growth opportunities

Cons

Wages are very low - good commission opportunities though
    Systems could do with a little updating

8. "Enjoy working with the team"

Pros

-Office is very welcoming
    -Everyone is kind and nice; and everyone is willing to help if needed

Cons

-New equipment is needed (keyboard, headsets)

"Great product, great culture, and great opportunities"

I worked at Metasoft Systems (More than a year)

Pros

There have been a LOT of positive changes in the last 2 years since I was hired as a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Metasoft Systems. When I was first hired the compensation plan was not reflective of the necessary workload to be effective in the role, but soon after I arrived changes were made and SDRs were able to be rewarded quite well for quality work. I received fantastic coaching not only on how to better my sales and business acumen (which is an area a lot of new graduates without a ton of work experience need improvement on), but also the ins and outs of the non-profit world (including developing an understanding of how a non-profit operates, from their rules of governance and how they file their taxes to how they actually deliver their services).

At the Senior Sales and Full Cycle levels, there is an opportunity to sell hands-down the most advanced and comprehensive software available to a non-profit to identify and secure grant funding for their organization. Solution-selling becomes so much easier when your competitors offer only 1/3 the data on an inferior platform, at only a slightly lesser price. Therefore you are able to pair organizations that do great work with an amazing product that can effectively solve their funding problem.

The one thing no one will argue with is that Metasoft hires quality people – the culture is very welcoming and I was excited to go to work every day. With that said, it is sales, so if you are not motivated to improve and succeed after a rough day (they do happen) then this is not the job for you. The office as a whole is supportive and people will offer useful tips and advice if you ask for it, but it’s up to you to put in the time and work. For SDRs, you have a chance to develop an efficient work ethic, learn the ropes of corporate culture, and add to your resume that you’ve worked at a Top 100 Canadian software company. For new employees in both the SDR and Senior Sales positions, your pay cheque is determined by how much work you put into it – the learning curve may be a little steep initially, but learning the demographic (i.e. different types of non-profits and their capacities) and the product (FoundationSearch or BIG Online) will pay off.

Cons

If you're working with US clients, you have to take US holidays and miss Canadian holidays. Typical working hours are 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM PST to reach clients on the East coast.

Advice to Management

The Christmas party, summer golf event, and sales awards are great but having informal get-togethers between departments more often would probably be appreciated.

10. "Welcoming office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Friendly office - everyone in the office is really welcoming and helpful.

Location - easy to get to and from and in a great part of town.

Product - the product is great, helps non-profits and the customer support offered is fantastic.

Events - monthly pizza and sushi days and I was invited to the annual pitch and putt outing on my first day!

Cons

Nothing major so far, holidays are a slightly strange - but only when the US and Canada don't match, office will be open, however this is generally organised very well.

Advice to Management

I don't think I am working here long enough to offer any meaningful advice.