KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MobileOne Reviews

Updated Sep 27, 2022

Found 162 of over 164 reviews

3.6
MobileOne CEO David Licavoli (no image)
David Licavoli

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Fun work environment if your fellow reps are good people(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great pay that is performance driven, PTO, benefits and a 401k.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Excellent company culture and a forum where your voice is heard as an employee.(in 4 reviews)
  • "decent training(in 3 reviews)
  • "Fantastic team environment, they reward hard work and performance.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MobileOne and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast growing

Sep 18, 2022 - Corporate Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support , Pay, great leadership

Cons

Not any big ones that I can think of

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

They care more for profit than actually doing what the customer wants

Aug 8, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

Frequent opportunities for upward movement

Cons

MobileOne upper management would rather you make a sale than actually help a customer. They’d rather you add a line unbeknownst to the customer just to turn a profit out of the interaction. People came into my stores with minor issues with their devices and management would reprimand the staff if the interaction didn’t end with a sale. I cannot understate the greed and shady tactics promoted by upper management and i’m ashamed to have been a part of such a shameless company. Additionally, say goodbye to your work/life balance if you work for MobileOne. I have countless instances of managers calling me on my days off begging for a shift coverage because they failed to cover their bases in time. I’ve worked upwards of 4 hours beyond my normal shift because a manager said they’d make a quick trip to a nearby store and then call the store 20 minutes later saying their going on a drive along with the regional manager.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Business Partner

MobileOne’s success is in large part due to everyone’s effort to work together to create an inclusive, safe and positive work environment and in no way encourage or ask our employees to do anything unethical. If there are specific concerns you feel we should address please do not hesitate to reach out to hr@mobileonellc.com. Thank you.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not worth it, please read the actual reviews left

Jul 28, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay you just enough (sometimes) to make it worth it

Cons

The company makes the people still in training submit 5 star reviews, so ignore all those please. We are all saying the same things. I don't even know where to start. They deduct so much money from your bonuses for so many things outside of your control. They just cut out labor budges by a third mid-month and then all managers and regionals were penalized for it. The turnover rate is impossible to keep ahead of. Goals keep getting raised higher and higher, and they work the regionals even harder. Most of them look like they're on the brink of breaking down most of the time. It's all a popularity contest once you make store manager and toxic in every way. Area directors are people who only care about sales and numbers. We are pushed to unethically sale to every customer, and the managers who commit fraud are the ones shouted out and praised. They are all hype and pats on the back until you get burned out then you are thrown away or demoted. Unrealistic expecations all around. No excuses, own it? There's a difference between rational reasons and excuses. It's just never good enough, and it destroys your mental health day in and day out where you can't even enjoy your "off days".

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Mobile Expert at Mobile one

Sep 27, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discount is really good, you save a lot on your phone carrier

Cons

If you get bad manager, they make you lie and scam

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Sep 3, 2022 - Store Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement opportunity, passionate upper mgmt, great support staff

Cons

Descions of who is put into leadership roles.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Decent

Sep 19, 2022 - Mobile Expert
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours. Overtime. Money to be made.

Cons

Bad management, deceiving sales. Deception. Always covering for people. Always can do better.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Jul 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Career Development, Stability are the reasons I like working for M1

Cons

Had to travel at first for opportunity, but in the end it was fun

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the best place to work

Sep 1, 2022 - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some cool coworkers T-Mobile swag

Cons

Pay constantly changes Unprofessional management Low staff or people don’t come in for shifts Bosses play favoritism Company does not care if you work hard

Human Resources Business Partner

We offer Full-Time and Part-Time employment in order to be flexible and meet the needs of our employees. MobileOne continually makes changes to address the needs of the employees and create realistic and reachable goals to earn a commission. We evaluate these decisions often to keep our employees happy. For any additional suggestions please reach us at hr@mobileonellc.com.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Soundly Recommend

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s an okay commission structure. Changes often but allows you to make good money as a mobile expert or assistant manager.

Cons

Terrible upper management. No stability. Will try to move you to stores HOURS away from where you live and won’t pay or reimburse for Gas or toll or anything. Super pressure to meet sales goals.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic and draining company culture

Aug 10, 2022 - Retail Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The sales training they provide is good

Cons

The company culture is very toxic. They dangle a piece of meat in front of you until you burn out Zero work life balance. Constantly feel like you’re working 24/7

Human Resources Business Partner

We value the number of years you worked with MobileOne and are always striving to build a better company culture. We offer free mental health benefits as well as flexible scheduling in order to create work-life balance for our employees. We do our very best to cater to the needs of all employees. You are welcome to reach out to us at hr@mobileonellc.com and provide more detailed suggestions. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 Reviews

MobileOne Reviews FAQs

MobileOne has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 164 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at MobileOne to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MobileOne employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MobileOne. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

68% of MobileOne employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MobileOne 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MobileOne to be coworkers, career development and the cons to be benefits, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with MobileOne Job Seekers