Movable Ink Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2021

4.2
Movable Ink Co-Founder and CEO Vivek Sharma
Vivek Sharma
Pros
  • "Movable Ink focuses on slow but steady growth(in 12 reviews)

• "Great culture, the company really looks after his staff(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no 401k match(in 8 reviews)

• "401k match(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

People-first culture with an awesome product

Apr 16, 2021 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Management truly cares and makes genuine connections with their team -The product is best-in-class and we have amazing clients that have really benefited from MI -The people are brilliant and some of the kindest, funniest humans around

Cons

-I can’t think of any real cons atm

Movable Ink Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We’re so glad you’re having a great time at Movable Ink!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuine People and loads of talent

Apr 12, 2021 - Product Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very genuine and empathetic. Seems like everyone is good at their job. All working towards the same goal. They care a lot. They ask you to take time off to stay rested and not stressed

Cons

Honestly haven’t seen any in pst few months. COVID sucks that’s it

Movable Ink Response

We're so glad you're having a great time at Movable Ink! We look forward to seeing you flourish here!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best companies I've worked at

Mar 23, 2021 - Senior Client Experience Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Senior management listens and takes action

Cons

Could help to hire more in CX

Movable Ink Response

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate your input and are thrilled to hear you’re happy at Movable Ink!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The people make the place

Mar 22, 2021 - Client Experience
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited vacation, snacks, speaking opportunities, networking opportunities

Cons

Hustle culture, lack of empathy from senior leadership, no employee growth plan within org structure

Movable Ink Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on having an open-door policy and value all of our current and former employees’ feedback. Led by our core values—curiosity and empathy—we are always looking to improve, evolve our processes, and find new ways to better support Inkers. We know employee and manager feedback is incredibly important to career development and have rolled out recent initiatives to bolster support, including an annual performance review process and refreshed career growth plans. From a general benefits perspective, we also recently instituted a new employer contributed 401K plan. We are committed to continuously refreshing our benefits packages to ensure not only is Movable Ink a great place to work but that we support Inkers across their whole lives. If you have any additional feedback, please email us at people@movableink.com.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Could have been better

Jan 18, 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are helpful, even in Sales

Cons

Sales Management considering most sales employees as numbers.

Movable Ink Response

Thank you for your feedback. With empathy as one of our core values, we pride ourselves on cultivating a supportive culture where everyone is inspired to do their best work. We know how valuable the team is and are deeply committed to fostering a best-in-class work environment, experience, and culture. We recently rolled out an annual performance review process and are putting together refreshed careers growth plans to ensure each Inker has the tools they need to succeed in their role and for the future. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback and would love to hear from you if you feel comfortable reaching out at people@movableink.com.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good starter company

Mar 28, 2020 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice and the product is interesting. Very easy to make friends and lots of opportunities for community involvement. Lots of social activity and If you like drinking, this is a great culture. There is a lot of support for local charities which is refreshing.

Cons

Senior management team lacks maturity and management experience. There is a gossip culture that the managers continue to feed into. The company prides itself on the learning opportunities but the Learning Training team under the HR admin group is a joke. If you like a party culture, this is a great company. However, be prepared to be harassed after all night open bar and the company will not take action to support you.

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We take pride in our culture of giving back and of continuous learning. We take special care to ensure that our social events are inclusive and involve various activities. We’ve rolled out management training and even have objectives and key results around internal training. We make diligent efforts to maintain a respectful workplace and work hard to prevent harassment. We have various programs and trainings in place to ensure ever Inker feels safe and respected. The best way to get a sense of what it’s like at Movable Ink is to talk to a current employee. We encourage anyone to check in with any of our people. We still appreciate this insight and will use this to continue to improve.

7. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 28, 2020 - Front End Developer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very high energy and everyone is very driven

Cons

Growing pains of a start up expanding

8. 5.0

Only Getting Better...

Nov 26, 2019 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

• The company keeps raising the bar for talent... I'm amazed to see the talent that MI is able to attract from clients, partners, and leading tech companies like Microsoft, Salesforce, and more. The recruiting team is the best in the business. • Hardworking but flexible environment - yes, we're hardworking, but even during peak seasons, you know that the company cares about your health and wellbeing. Unlimited PTO, massage days, puppy parties, and an insane amount of in-office perks that make finding balance much easier. They also do a good job of letting you know that they appreciate your work and don't expect you to be happy just bc of available perks. • Scalable Growth - The company is conservative with decisions and spending, and the results show in the form of consistent growth in top talent, revenue, and the ability to invest in the business when needed (systems, processes, additional support for teams, etc.). NO rollercoasters of funding rounds --> hiring quickly --> layoffs... Movable Ink focuses on slow but steady growth. • Truly Family - I'm the first one to roll my eyes when I see people saying this at other companies, but "teamwork" and "empathy" are demonstrated daily at Movable Ink... formal mentorships, active D&I and "Movable Pink" groups, and the fact that everyone is open to helping you succeed. Some mention that there are "cliques" but I've found that often people have worked together for 4-6+ years at MI... it's often not cliques, it's just a natural closeness and understanding, and they're willing to get to know you if you try to get to know them. • Opportunity for Growth - I'm constantly being asked "What's next?" The team really cares about promoting you, and if you have a bit of grit, you can go extremely far. I also appreciate that they have so many opportunities to move into different teams or departments if you want to explore a different part of the business. This is only getting better as we invest more in L&D, Career Mapping, and overall training. • Clients - Outstanding client list & opportunity to work w/ the worlds largest and best brands. Who wouldn't want to put these brands on their resume? And even better, often our best clients come to work for us or bring us with them to company after company. "Experience with Movable Ink" has become somewhat of a core competency on email marketing JDs.

Cons

• Supporting Management - Would be great to have some systems & processes to help managers implement the new management training into their daily role. Training isn't enough.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

Really good place

Dec 26, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They get a lot of things right. Pay is pretty good. Co-workers are great. The sense of "community" is really strong. One the engineering side, they do most things right. Ex, code reviews, ci/cd, good tools, etc.

Cons

Minor: The development process is a little immature and ad-hoc. That mostly stems from being a small company, and not needing anything formal. But we are getting are getting a little too big, and we'll need to get a little more formal. Too many languages in use. Ruby, JavaScript, Go, C++. You have to mentally switch gears often. Being a small company, and smaller engineering dept, the chance for "promotion" doesn't seem to really exist. Although, there are no fears about job security. No 401K match.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

My experience after 3.5 years - Great place to get started in tech, but not to grow

Nov 20, 2019 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people and culture if you are looking to mix work with life - Premium product that actually can do what you're trained to say it does - Free snacks, coffee/cold brew, beer on tap, occasional lunches - Active ping pong table

Cons

- Account lists shrink every 6 months - New products don't work/not valuable - Client experience/success is overwhelmingly understaffed - Inexperienced management - Cliques/select groups are very apparent - Unclear path to promotion, no constructive feedback to get to next level

5 people found this review helpful