Movable Ink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Movable Ink

1. Featured Interview

Senior Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was the best of every company I was interviewing with which was a huge reason I accepted the position. I was interviewing with companies large and small, including Amazon, and other startups that are flashy. I was so surprised to see negative reviews about interviewing here until I realized that they had a team that was incompetent and is no longer there. The people are incredible, human, and compassionate in every conversation. The CEO even stopped by my interview room to introduce himself. I'm so happy my recruiter reached out to me about Movable Ink.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy, not too difficult in terms of technical challenges. However, their managers will not treat you well even when they decide to hire you. If you decline their offer they will not reimburse travel expenses.

Interview Questions

Movable Ink Response

Jul 11, 2017 – VP of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you felt you had a bad experience in the interview process. We strive to have a very fast turnaround for all candidate expense reimbursements. If there... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter that I thought went well. I expressed that I was interested in a couple of different roles and to help me consider which role would be the most appropriate.

Unfortunately, after the initial phone screen, I never got a response back. Then I get an email from the recruiter out of the blue two and a half months later saying they will not be moving ahead with me for the role I formally applied for, but would be willing to move forward with a different role… the role that I said I was also interested in during the first phone screen!

I don’t think it’s a good sign that the recruiter does not seem to be on top of things.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

Worst interviewing process ever!!!
    After submitting my availability for the phone call interview to the recruiter (and by recruiter’s request), I didn’t get a call on the scheduled date/time. Tried it again (by recruiter’s request and after her apologies) - no call again. The only thing I got in return an hour later after my demand for explanation - lame excuse that my phone was busy. And it obviously wasn’t.
    After I suggested the time for the third and last try - I got no answer at all!
    No apologies, nothing!
    With the recruiting process being so awful and highly disrespectful, any desire to work for this company is gone.

I hope the company reads the reviews.

Interview Questions

• No questions obviously as my phone interview never happened, thanks to the recruiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Movable Ink (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

2 months of ridiculousness, consisting of a phone screen, two separate phone interviews with team members, an in-person with 4 rounds of people, followed with a reference screen, then a follow up full hour of actual training on the product via screenshare by someone in NY, and finally a call back to do an on-site presentation to the team & screen share with a vp in NY, ending with a 5 minute talk with the VP. Presentation was to be on the platform, on not "how well you know it", "or tech" but "how well you can present and field questions, etc". There was actually no technical test or discussion prior, so this is subjective to a shot-in-the dark presentation where they start drilling tech or platform questions on the fly in the last round. Team kept calling me by the WRONG name in the last round which was infuriating, vp called me the wrong name as well, and the office is based out of a WeWork space. Presentation went well, but of course after all this, I was denied "for not knowing tech surrounding the platform". Meaning, you should know above average HTML & CSS coding quite well (or at least say you do, because there was no real skill test, I was just being honest), alongside standard adtech & marketing strategy, even though you will be told "novice HTML" is okay and can be trained in the beginning, do not believe it, and save yourself 2 months with a better company and product worth pursuing. Overall, team was nice enough, process was horrible. Platform is decent, but it will be slowly taken over by bigger competitors, and it is more of a "nice to have" in the marketing mix, but not a necessary tool. A developing company, acting as if they are major player, with a ridiculous interview process that is ultimately not worth the pursuit. Nice enough team, nice recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with HTML? CSS? Have you worked with ad tech integrations? How does email resolve in the inbox via Movable Ink? How does personalization data from CRM resolve to moment of open? How does moment of open update inventory automatically? Tell me about API's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The process is long and extensive but it seemed appropriate for the position. You start with phone interviews, then in person interviews, then a presentation you create. The presentation is meant to ensure you know what movable does and what they offer. You can expect questions such as, can you send out emails from our platform? How do you implement movable ink into a current template and do you need to use web-safe fonts on the platform.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews -- one phone interview, one 2 hour long interview in person with multiple people, and one mock "client presentation" (where I was asked to put together a deck and present to Movable Ink team as though they were clients). The HR person I worked with was impossible to communicate with -- sometimes straight up telling me they would have an answer back on a specific day, and then 3 days later I'd have to follow up again. They agreed to "prep" me before each point of the process and then either wasn't available, or never answered back. He wasn't even in the office for 2/3 interviews I had. After almost 2 months of interviews and a presentation, plus many many follow up emails, I never even heard a "no". The HR person just completely stopped answering my emails. I found this to be incredibly rude and unprofessional -- I took a lot of time out of work to go through this process.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Movable Ink.

Interview

Interview process was extremely thorough and well assembled. The recruiter handled it professionally and made sure I was always kept in the loop about each detail and next steps. After the initial screening, I had phone conversations with the hiring manager and about five key team members. Then one in person meeting. For the final round I put together a mock client presentation and had five in person or video conference interviews with key decision makers. Lastly, there was a reference and background check before an offer was made.

Assistant Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink.

Interview

Interview didn't happen...I was contacted about my available times to interview - I replied with my available times and never received a response even after a follow up email that I sent. I know they read my email as I have email tracking. UTTERLY UNPROFESSIONAL!!

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process for the SDR position was very thorough. The process began with a phone interview with someone from HR, I then had second phone interview with a department head, followed by a role play over the phone and an on-site interview with 4 different people. The interview process was intense, but definitely in a good way. It is clear that the company wants to choose the right people to help the company continue growing successfully.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very reasonable salary, so there was no negotiation.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Movable Ink (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied, and had an initial screening with HR that moved to a role play sales situation with a manager, and ended with an in-person interview with a few current employees.