My Lineage Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Historical professional"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in San Diego, CA

I have been working at My Lineage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give it to you straight, treat you like an adult and expect you to act like one. They express disappointment when standards aren't met just like any other company. Work hard, play hard. They are salesmen running a company how a salesmen would run it. With the mentality of making money. I see disgruntled employees complaints and what I say to those complaints is those people just didn't have what it takes to sell, so who's to blame, the company who has been crystal clear about expectations? Or the employee who was too lazy to meet those expectations.
    Over all great company that follows through on promises and is a great place to work for if you have the right focus.

Cons

Not a company for lazy people.

Advice to Management

Training videos.

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at My Lineage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every day is a new challenge. You will learn, relearn, and learn again what it takes to be a strong modern professional. Your coworkers are friendly, and you'll essentially have a license to run things your way, as long as you can get results. Overall a solid environment and good people.

Cons

Things can suddenly become very hectic, day to day. When that happens, it's harder to maintain a good work/life balance. On the other hand, management is very good about giving you whatever time off you need for vacation, doctor's appointments, car repairs, etc. so you'll never really find yourself caught between loyalties.

Advice to Management

A bit more advanced warning on projects and trips goes a long way. This would dramatically cut back on bottlenecking around trip time.

3. "Great Experience at My Lineage"

Former Employee - Production Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Production Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at My Lineage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for My Lineage for about 2 years and got some great work experience as a production manager. Office culture is pretty great as management takes good care in making sure their employees are happy by arranging events like birthday lunches, baby showers, family picnic days, Christmas parties, quarterly employee appreciation events, and the list goes on. Overall, there is a true camaraderie amongst ML employees.

Management also did a good job in rewarding hard work. Quarterly reviews were held and bonuses and raises were often given for a job well done. As an office employee, you were given the freedom to come up with creative ideas that would increase profits or make processes more efficient; openness and creativity are always welcome at ML. The company was understanding of personal commitments and time off never something I had to fight for, which of course was a huge plus.

Overall, working at ML was a great experience that enabled me to grow in my career and develop my professional resume in the area of supply chain management. I made some good friends along the way and definitely wouldn't trade my experience at this company!

Cons

There wasn't much room for growth within the company as each person managed their own department. Work would also become pretty repetitive and wouldn't deviate too much from the normal biweekly cycle of tasks.

Advice to Management

Keep working on developing career advancement opportunities for employees

"GREAT company to work for!!!!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at My Lineage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My Lineage, Inc. is a fantastic company to work for. I've been with the company for a little over two years and am very content!! The company is growing quickly and has great opportunities for job/career growth. Hours are flexible and the office environment is very pleasant. The office staff is a great team of people. Also, benefits are outstanding and management is very understanding when it comes to employees having a manageable life/work balance.

Cons

Wish it was closer to my home.....

"My Lineage is a very good company!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at My Lineage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work is required for sure but on the flip side there's a lot of time off - at least 20 weeks a year!!! I left to take a non-sales position and management was actually helpful to me in my exit, giving me an excellent reference while I was still employed by them which was generous and much appreciated.

Cons

As a sales rep being on the road is difficult as personal relationships can suffer. One has to manage the balance.

Advice to Management

Hire only self-motivated hard working reps. The lazy ones bring us all down and don't serve the company well. Overall it's a great company - pays well, everyone is treated with respect and for a small company of less than 20 people to offer health benefits is awesome!

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at My Lineage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great environment and constant flow of customers.

Cons

None to think of: Management is fair and generous.

7. "Worked with my lineage"

Pros

Great office environment with a supportive staff.

Cons

A little disorganized at times when fulfilling orders

Advice to Management

Continue to allow employee self direction

8. "Excellent Experience"

I worked at My Lineage full-time

Pros

Prior to My Lineage I had never done an outside sales job and worked mostly from an office. It was great experience to gain direct sales experience with the ability to learn alongside others more experienced at sales than I was.
    It was a great experience traveling to so many interesting places both in the US and abroad.
    The guys there are very understanding to work for and helpful when it is required.
    There is a lot of free time off, more so than the regular vacation days you get in other jobs.

Cons

learn to balance the travel with your home life but if you want to travel then thats the tradeoff