NG Bailey Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
NG Bailey Chief Executive David Hurcomb
David Hurcomb

1. "Overall Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Leeds, England (UK)

I worked at NG Bailey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some really exceptional individuals
    Good promotion prospects
    Opportunity to learn/Training
    Family Members still on the board
    Cash rich, no debt
    Good pension scheme

Cons

Some deadwood in several departments.
    Long term employees who just want to 'do a job'
    Inexperienced Managers
    No flexi time

Advice to Management

Sometimes an empty chair is better than the wrong bum on a seat.

Apr 23, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on NG Bailey and the advice to management. Wishing you success in your future career.

2. "Great Flexible Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at NG Bailey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Flexible Benefits package which gives you amongst many offerings the ability to buy and sell holidays. Good Sick pay benefit gives you piece of mind and a good pension scheme. Not often seen as a benefit, NG Bailey has a great training programme available to all employees with many recognised qualifications in addition to supporting day/night release for professional qualifications.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

Apr 7, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review regarding the company benefits.

3. "Great business to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Islington, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Islington, England (UK)

I have been working at NG Bailey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at NG Bailey really make it an enjoyable place to work, there is a great sense of community within the business. There' s great opportunity to get out what you put in and reap rewards for working hard. I have found there is little micro management here which allows employees to really focus and dedicate themselves to their role.

Cons

Certain things can take a while to get done, due to lengthy processes but you do get a result, progression opportunities are available but should be pushed more by management.

Advice to Management

Invest in engaging with employees more, little and often, tell us whats happening within the business and how we are making an impact

Feb 27, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review and for your advice to management on engaging with employees, we will make sure we act on this.

5. "A Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Resourcing Assistant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcing Assistant in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at NG Bailey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great family owned company, care about staff, lots of flexibility around working hours as i was bringing up my family, and very supportive during recent illness. My role is interesting and varied and i work with a great group of dedicated people. I would recommend working for N G Bailey

Cons

Some of the internal processes are a bit heavy and take too long, but we are working to improve these.

Advice to Management

Keep looking after your staff, they are your best asset

Feb 16, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review and for your advice to management, the wellbeing and safety of our employees is foremost in our people strategy .

6. "Solid foundations with sky high potential"

I have been working at NG Bailey full-time

Pros

The NG Bailey brand and its association with quality is something that runs through the whole company. This quality allows the company to be involved in some of the most prestigious projects in the sector.

The working environment is very much a meritocracy, where skills and ability are rewarded. You are also treated as an adult and above all else, with fairness and respect. A consideration of this is the Health & Well Being work conducted to ensure employees have an acceptable Work/ Life balance.

Cons

Many activities are process heavy, any efficiency that can be attained is continually discussed though.

Sometimes we are too humble with the success we have, too much of it is kept quiet about.

Advice to Management

Be ambitious, challenge and reward your staff to drive growth

Feb 15, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review and for your advice to management, we will make sure we act on this.

7. "Real opportunity for development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at NG Bailey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NG Bailey have offered me real career opportunity that I do not believe I would have been offered elsewhere. I feel valued and an important part of this people-focussed company.

Cons

Company don't always sufficiently promote the great work we do

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Feb 15, 2017 – HO HR Services

8. "People should know more about the .... of NG Bailey!"

I have been working at NG Bailey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for and with prestigious clients and projects that any company should be proud off. The business as a whole work together as a collective with an open and honest approach to their employees. You are treated like an "adult", in the sense that you have responsibilities that you are expected to deliver on and you are able to follow these as you see fit (obviously within some boundaries). The business is willing to listen to new ideas and suggestions and pursue these knowing you are with the business as the expert within your area.

The career opportunities are transparent with all vacancies advertised internally and open to application with support of your manager. In addition there are development opportunities that you identify with your manager that are supported for the benefit of you personally but also NG Bailey.

Cons

There are some frustrations with red tape and slow paperwork, however as a business these are continuously being reviewed and improved therefore being dealt with appropriately.

Advice to Management

Share our successes. People should be looking to NG Bailey as an employer of choice, not just because of the benefits but the exciting and challenging work / projects that we are involved in.

Feb 14, 2017 – HO HR Services

9. "Slow starter...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at NG Bailey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working is something I can do in my role although not sure how often. Fantastic and personable recruiter who is proactive and is a good resource to the company when seeking new talent.

Cons

Amount of travel to do the role. The amount of training given to managers that they should be quipped to do themselves.

Advice to Management

Speed up recruitment processes and have policies fit for purpose. It takes too long for when someone is interviewed for the role to them receiving the paperwork. Induction is not great either - there are some cases where local induction does not exist amongst teams.

Mar 10, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and leaving your feedback, in particular your feedback regarding the on-boarding process. We are sorry to hear about your experience, if you haven't ... More

10. "Project Support"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

A good place to work, but very demanding

Cons

A very hands on job

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Feb 2, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thanks for leaving a great review. Wishing you continued success in your career.

11. "Appaling company!"

Pros

Cannot think of any that I gained working for them

Cons

DO not work for them!

Feb 12, 2017 – HO HR Services

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are sorry to hear that you would not recommend NG Bailey as an employer. We hope you took the opportunity to share your feedback with your manager ... More