NRT Insurance Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NRT Insurance Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment
    Good people
    Agency is growing
    Enjoy going to work every day
    Opportunity for growth
    Commission plan is fair and is being improved

Cons

The location is in Waltham which can get pretty congested. Not sure if it is only if you are heading from one direction

Advice to Management

Overall this has been a great company to work for. This is an inside sales role so you spend a lot of time on the phone. If you are open minded and take the training provided you can learn some transferable sales skills and make some extra money in the process. The company is trying to triple staff so there may be additional growth opportunities for top performers

"Do not work for this company"

I worked at NRT Insurance Agency full-time

Pros

Parent company is cool and the benefits are not bad

Cons

That 5 star review you may have seen with the rave review is completely fake, it was written by an executive in the company. I cannot begin to tell you how awful this place is. Most people start looking for a new employment after being on the job for a month or two.; They lie to you about everything prior to employment, they are nice to you during training, then BAM the honeymoon is over. Forget about everything you were promised. This is a telemarketer job and you will be harassed and micro managed in ways you never dreamed possible.

Advice to Management

Shut down the operation, I know you won't fire yourself so just shut it down.

3. "Account Executive"

I worked at NRT Insurance Agency full-time

Pros

Benefits were okay through parent company, Realogy.

Cons

The position was very different than the one I applied to and interviewed for, as it was supposed to be developing relationships and building rapport with the real estate company and affiliates to promote business opportunities for the insurance agency division. Within a short period of time, it turned out to be a telemarketing job calling on home buyers who were not expecting your call. Management is incompetent operating with a negative approach that includes exteme micromanaging, harassment, bullying and lying, creating a hostile work environment. Commission structure is misleading with president promising significant earnings but no one achieves. High turnover with reps, 100% in two years.

Advice to Management

Need to completely reorganize the company and approach with new management team.

4. "Bad experience"

Pros

Unfortunately, I did not have the time to see any good points about working in this company.

Cons

Went there for a interview, CEO asked me to start training right away. I gave up other jobs opportunities because they ask me to be "loyal" and secure to the offer I was being given and by the next day I heard they "changed their mind" about hiring an assistant. Lost a whole day in training, other offers for a firm that can't keep its words. Can't trust.

"Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NRT Insurance Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was ok, you get your birthday off, benefits are ok, up to date equipment. Commission structure looks good on paper, not achievable.

Cons

This job is a joke, can't understand how sales specialist and head of training got their job. Sales coaching is a script. Completely incompetent people training. Talked down to. No respect given. Constant micro managing.

Advice to Management

Have a backbone and open your eyes to people you put in specific roles, fire them. You will have better retention as everyone is miserable working for you.

"Misleading company. Alot of big talk with no action!!!!!"

I worked at NRT Insurance Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok.....benefits are good

Cons

Training is horrible. Hired as a BA and ended up doing data entry work. They lied about the entire role. They squeezed two jobs in one position. My ideas were not given any respect...

Advice to Management

Tell the truth about the role.