National Distributing Company Reviews | Glassdoor

National Distributing Company Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 37 reviews

4.5
National Distributing Company CEO Jay M. Davis (no image)
Jay M. Davis
  1. "A strong family valued, Successful Organization"

Current Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance oriented, Very supportive management at all levels, Great communication between sales and operations, think out of box is welcome and tested. Great opportunities.

Cons

cost to health benefits could improve, but not out of line with current market availability.

Advice to Management

Stay with the current company philosophies and employee focused direction.

National Distributing Company2019-08-19
  2. "Great company, great people, lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time

Pros

Great business, recession proof, opportunities for growth.

Cons

Pay increases as you move up as not as good as you would expect.

National Distributing Company2019-06-25
  3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Industry is relatively healthy. Decent work/life balance. Positive environment.

Cons

There seems to be constant morphing into how to adapt to marketplace not all of which makes sense. Relative to general work market, vacation and benefits could use some refreshing.

Advice to Management

Invest in systems and people for the long haul.

National Distributing Company2019-04-03
  4. "Sliding downhill.."

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-I make my own hours -I don’t work in a cubicle all day -Pay used to be great, is alright now, but that is changing

Cons

-Capped commissions (they wait until you build your territory up then cut accounts from you then once you build even less accounts up they cut you again.) -Capped incentives -Capped incentives don’t even really matter anymore because of how every incentive is so complicated or extremely specific. Ex: $0.50 per case for Brand A, but rep must be up on Brand A and whole state must be up on Brand B for incentive to kick... in. -Also, incentives are less about volume (the previous example notwithstanding) and more about placements of new items. New items are fine, but when they don’t sell the company basically sticks the customer with it. -HORRIBLE health insurance. (My previous health insurance copay was $10 and went to $53 when I switched to their coverage, prescriptions went from $14 for 2 to $125+ for the same medicines) -No gas/mileage allowance. This used not to be that big of a deal, but now we can’t deduct our mileage on taxes.

Advice to Management

Quit cutting budgets. Quit capping sales territories. It’s more efficient and less expensive for the company to pay benefits to less salespeople than having triple the amount of sales reps.

National Distributing Company2018-03-05

National Distributing Company Response

March 16, 2018RNDC & NDC Brand Champion

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about NDC. Feeling like you aren’t rewarded for your work can be frustrating. We strive to create fair programs and incentives for our associates, and we always appreciate new ideas to motivate our sales teams. We hope that you ...

"Great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, atmosphere, and job is phenomenal

Cons

Eat more food than normal

Advice to Management

Continue the great work

National Distributing Company2018-01-22
  6. "Warehouse"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at National Distributing Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

You never got bored because there was so much to do. During any downtime you could practice doing something new.

Cons

Your coworkers are unreliable. High turnover. Lots of theft and substance abuse. People call in a lot. Unable to take time off.

Advice to Management

Pay differential and better wages to get better quality workers.

National Distributing Company2018-02-25

National Distributing Company Response

March 5, 2018RNDC & NDC Brand Champion

Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience while you were at NDC. Associate turnover or unreliable teammates can be challenging, and we regret that these concerns were not addressed during your time at our company through our Open Door Policy or Ethics Hotline. Thank you ...

"Opportunity Awaits"

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

NDC offers one of the most rewarding jobs in the alcohol industry. NDC is the leader in the Georgia market, and offers an array of careers through the company. The company's core values strive to better the associates. I have transitioned into three roles throughout my career and it shows, hard work pays off. Management is always there to offer guidance and no one is left on an island.

Cons

Holiday hours can be long at times, and sometimes you have to take work home. Sales is a 24/7 industry, but it pays off in the long run.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating employees and having career talks with management. Consider more PTO for the sales and warehouse staff as a way to "recharge."

National Distributing Company2018-01-04
  8. "Working for the best when working for NDC."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great family culture that spreads throughout the company. Hard work pays off within this organization. Room for growth across multiple divisions of the company. Flexible work hours in the field.

Cons

Seems that sales and operation are not always cohesive to execute with success.

Advice to Management

Take advice from the people in the field and provide them with the tools needed to get the job done in a reasonable manner. There are tools available but they are no longer within the reach of the sales representatives.

National Distributing Company2018-01-20
  9. "Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Open environment, great people, clearly communicated goals, transparent lines of promotion.

Cons

Quicker solutions to issues while communicating throughout the process

Advice to Management

Open to advice.

National Distributing Company2017-12-29
  10. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I have enjoyed my career at NDC. I have had a rewarding career and built relationships personally and professionally. I am able to experience a collaborative work environment and be on the cutting edge of the beverage alcohol business.

Cons

As with all job there are stressful days and goals to achieve. The team works together to deliver needed action plans to make us successful

Advice to Management

Continue to have career conversations with all employees to allow them to be aware of next steps to rise up in the organization.

National Distributing Company2017-12-12