NetMotion Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "NetMotion is great!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at NetMotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with, most people seem to enjoy working for the company. Work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

Previous owners messed with the company too much. Not the most social group of people.

Advice to Management

Use customer data/feedback more in the product design process.

"Novice CEO is nice but flailing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at NetMotion full-time

Pros

Great people and technology. Good daily interaction. Many happy customers.

Cons

Sales/execs are micromanaging and lack leadership.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to stop micromanaging sales. He promoted from within to replace the last VP of Sales, but he still micromanages the sales team. Hire the best people you can even if that means going outside the company. It's been a few months since ownership changed to Carlyle. Where's the company going? What's my upside without a bonus plan or options? (Are they even coming?!) Focus on doing the important things only a CEO can instead of trying to run sales and marketing yourself to show people how busy you are. Busy does not mean effective.

"A lot of positive momentum!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

I really enjoy working for an established employer. NetMotion has been around for over 15 years which means that we have a solid history with a well-defined product and market space, and because of that are able to do more for employees compared to other employers our size (we're just over 100 people). The company offers great benefits, lots of paid time off that grows with years of service, and intangibles like a monthly company get together to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. The company provides the benefits of a big company, along with the benefits of working for a smaller employer where you have better opportunities to collaborate and talk to peers outside of your immediate team.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to mention, but am really interested to see where NetMotion takes its products in the future. The company is the industry leader in North America and is working hard to branch out internationally, and when we do, it will mean a lot of great opportunities. We have such a solid product and so many great people that really believe in the work they put into it, that I don't doubt we'll be successful.

Advice to Management

I'm glad that our President, "CK," was appointed to CEO! He's all about our culture and has a sales/marketing background, so I'm excited to see how the company continues to make positive change under his leadership.

4. "Great company culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at NetMotion part-time

Pros

One of the best things about NetMotion is the company culture. The people here are great and you can tell they really stand behind the product. The company has some really cool perks too, like, Bagel Fridays and monthly "tea times" to celebrate employee birthdays and work anniversaries. You can tell everybody really enjoys these moments and it since my coworkers are great, it makes it easy to mingle.

Cons

There are no cons now that management in my department is taken care of. There was a period of time where things were shaky, but it was definitely a special case.

Advice to Management

Keep the structure we have now and I'm sure everybody will be happy! CK has been a great addition to the company and I love having a CEO/President solely dedicated to this company.

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at NetMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very interesting products and customer use cases.

Cons

Growth of tablets has eroded the market for NetMotion's products limiting future growth potential

"Lead Generation Specialist"

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at NetMotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people, positive atmosphere. HR efforts are improving. Caring middle-managers and dedicated people. Will spend the money on product development and sales.

Cons

Lack of complete dedication to marketing at the base level. Most of it is spent with managers traveling to the EMEA Market for trade shows and on Customer Appreciation events. Lack of any real dedicated or cogent strategy for enterprise accounts. While customer satisfaction is high and renewal rate is stellar they need to bolster their professional services and customer success efforts.

Advice to Management

See above and do more for staff-level employees in the marketing and support areas. Allow for a longer sales cycle in your planning and projections short and long-term.

"Fomerly great company, now just good"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at NetMotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Everyone is a "people" person from top to bottom. John Ferron (CEO) is awesome.

Cons

There has been so much change on the Executive team that it creates an uneasiness.

Advice to Management

Decide the direction that the company is going in and stick with it. No more change.

"Inside sales representative"

Former Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at NetMotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products...good niche company...fun environment

Cons

Lousy tactics..high pressure on making quotas

"Very good company to work for and lot of learning opportunities."

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at NetMotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Very good opportunity here to learn and enhance your skillset career wise.
    - You will get a chance to work on leading technologies with very dedicated and focused technical QA and dev team.
    - Mobility Managers are awesome and 100% dedicated to help their team to grow.
    - Work hours flexibility (work-life balance)
    - Decent compensation.
    - No doubt, quality of their product is unbeatable as compared to competitors in the market.

Cons

- Needs more defined career path for individual role.

Advice to Management

- Company needs to focus more on sales.

"A company with a solid product that customers love."

I have been working at NetMotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid product that customers love and an outstanding customer satisfaction rating.

Cons

The company has gone through some upper management changes and does not have the same culture, and long-time good employees have started to leave.