Neurocore Reviews | Glassdoor

Neurocore Reviews

Found 28 reviews

4.4
Mark Murrison
  1. "Great starter job if you're fresh out of grad school"

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist

I have been working at Neurocore full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The type of work you do isn't necessarily a "typical" social work job but it is a great place to work with clients of different ages and with a range of concerns (such as ADHD, mild cognitive impairment, anxiety, and depression). The job itself is not stressful and you get a great work/life balance. If you're interested in pursuing neurofeedback longterm it's a good place to work and grow in the neurofeedback field. Co-workers,...

Cons

If you are not interested in science and learning about brainwave activity this isn't the place for you. When you first start out you have a lot of learning to do.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. We're the ones working with the client's every day. We hear their complaints as well as their praises and we want to do what's best for them.

2. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Clinical Specialist

I worked at Neurocore full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Open door policy. Work closely with high execs including CEO and President. Great benefits. Learn a lot. Gives great opportunities to network and meet amazing, intelligent people. A lot of room for growth.

Cons

Still learning the ropes on the certain things and figuring out what works best and what doesn’t. But that’s not even a bad con!

3. "Interesting place to work at"

Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Neurocore full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I learned a lot during my time with Neurocore, even though I came in with extensive experience under my belt. Really glad for the opportunity and all the wonderful people that I worked with. The leadership/managers are direct and honest with you so you always know where you stand. There are no surprises, and the work itself is super-interesting. Thank you!!!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time

"Learning place, fun working environment, great for anyone starting in the area"

I worked at Neurocore full-time

Pros

I just came here two years ago and I discovered Neurocore is running a job offering for my industry and a position I actually didn't want, but had to take because I had previous experience and they're the only ones to give me the opportunity anyways. Boy o boy am I glad I did that. I accepted and started working and two years have gone by so fast, I wanted to post a review online 3 months after starting out, and it's...

Cons

Absolutely none that I can think of right now

"Clinical Specialist"

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist

I have been working at Neurocore full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The supervisors are amazing, great benefits, continuing education is wonderful, and a flexible schedule.

Cons

There really is not much room for growth in the company.

"If Changing Lives for the Better Matters ...This is a Great Place to Be"

I have been working at Neurocore full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I love what I do. It is so rewarding to work with people to help them see results for things like depression, ADHD, anxiety, sleep and memory. Great team to work with. Management that respects and cares about all employees and the clients we serve. Good benefits; Health Insurance, 401K Match, Paid Vacation.

Cons

The hours can be long because our schedule has to accommodate our clients who want to come in the evening or on Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Keep one istening to the employees on the front line.

"Great opportunity to make a difference with a great company!"

I have been working at Neurocore full-time

Pros

Energetic work environment and team. Work with cutting edge technology. Major opportunity to effect positive change in people's lives.

Cons

It can sometimes be frustrating to deal with health insurance companies, some of whom are still coming up to speed on the benefits of biofeedack/neurofeedback, when working with clients on insurance coverage details.

"ok company"

I worked at Neurocore full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This company definitely means well and has great aspirations to help their clients be educated with various of things to the best of their ability. There are some great people that work there that mean well and try their hardest and go out of their way to assist a coworker or a client, and you can really pinpoint who those people are. They also have good benefits.

Cons

There was poor management in many aspects. It is gossipy at many points which is entertaining but also looking back at my experience, it caused a handful of negative moments that ruined team atmospheres and clients' experiences. Client Advocates were not as appreciated as much as they should have been and were micromanaged (this doesn't represent the whole team). They were often taken advantage of with supervisors...

Advice to Management

Tell your staff the truth - don't sugar coat it and act like everything is fine.

9. "An Exciting and Rewarding Career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Neurocore full-time

Pros

It is very rewarding to work for a company that improves lives every day. The team is great! Neurocore management cares about the employees and creating a positive work environment. I’ve appreciated the flexibility, benefits and opportunities that Neurocore offers.

Cons

One challenge (not necessarily a con) is that despite all the positive research and outcomes on neurofeedback, there is still skepticism in changing the traditional approaches to behavioral health.

10. "Great Leadership, Great Company."

• Overall

I worked at Neurocore for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is excellent. Employees are valued.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive.

Found 28 reviews