NexRep Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
NexRep CEO Teddy Liaw
Teddy Liaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's the place to be if you love interacting with your work from home agents and provide them the tools they need to succeed" (in 110 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, systems don't take up too much space on your pc" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to working for this company" (in 23 reviews)

• "I was hired as an independent contractor" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You Must come and be part of this company!!"

I have been working at NexRep part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gosh, I started out as an independent contractor less than 2 yrs ago, I have become a mentor, I have moved to other programs when in need. The support Staff are fantastic, patience, they made me feel as if we were sisters from a far. If you are ambitious and apply yourself the sky is the limit. I since have moved forward in advancing my career. AND you can too! No Limitations.

Cons

I honestly can not think of one. As technology changes in our world, we must be patient and walk along side before we can run.

Advice to Management

Great Job, Lets keep growing.......

NexRep Response

Mar 28, 2018 – V.P., Agent Community

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We're so glad to have you as part of the NexRep family! Thank you for all you do for NexRep and for our clients.

2. "Great Company with HUGE Potential of growth"

I have been working at NexRep full-time

Pros

Great culture with a terrific CEO.

Cons

Certain teams run very lean, which causes issues with work / life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep communication active with all teams.

"Job offer then crickets"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at NexRep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they offer you an interview and give you hope only to then ignore you I suppose.

Cons

Scam to get you to do a background check and drop $25.So basically this work at home outfit is a complete mess and totally unorganized.They schedule interview 1 and do not call.They schedule interview 2 and do not call.(both times they called an hour late apologizing) interview 3 comes around and they offer a job for customer service and give me the details that I was to start November 5th.I do a $25 background check that same day and get the receipt from US Information search and then I wait and wait and wait.I send them a few emails and they say they never got the background check!I send them the copy and the receipt and by this time it is November 16th and they do not reply to emails asking what is going on.Nothing.So I pretty much got scammed out of $25.Not a serious outfit and VERY unorganized and lack of communication.

Advice to Management

Get organized and do not offer people jobs and then completely ignore every email you receive and claim the background check did not arrive when you get a copy of it from USINFOSEARCH and from me.When you offer someone a job give them a contact and not just that generic beyourownboss email that no one ever monitors.Total and utter disappointment.

"Interview"

Pros

Got an interview & I want to see what’s to offer

Cons

Don’t know as of yet

"No security, just a number"

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at NexRep full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pros where the team you worked with and relationships built.

Cons

Company does not care about you. Was a supervisor for 7yrs and once the company outsourced to the Philippines I was left with a few weeks notice and they did not even try to keep me on board with them in a different department or anything. I reached out several times for different opportunities and no response at all. Also if you are let go by the company they do not call you, you are just locked out of everything and can not take calls. You will eventually see an email that says you were let go and contact HR for any further questions. If you try to reach out to the boss or HR you will not get a reply, you are just left with no job and no explanation of why.

Advice to Management

Need a complete overhaul and treat people like people, not just numbers.

"Good company, ok experience..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at NexRep part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My interviewer was very friendly, I was asked on the spot if I wanted the positon. After you are hired you are a independent contractor, you make your own schedules after training. Trainers are very knowledgeable and friendly. Training is ok a lot of information though in a short time frame. Some managers and team leads are nice as well. The amount you are payed changes every now and then. You have to schedule yourself at least 20 hours a week and you get to work from home that's awesome by it's self..

Cons

Some cons are that training is not paid and you pay for your own background check. During training one of the managers came to assist with people who were having problems signing into the VPN and she ended getting really nasty and rude with everyone who she was helping. I was not one of them but the people who were having the problems said that they were scared to even speak up about their problems because she was so irate. I could not understand how she was so mad about doing her job. She ended up leaving the virtual training room in the middle of helping someone and sending in another person. It was the most unprofessional thing that I had seen working there. The trainer made jokes about the incident when it was brought up by a team member but I could tell she felt a way about it as well. When you finally finish training it takes them over 2 weeks to get you any information to sign in to systems even if nesting has already started. If you need money right after training this is not the place for you, you will be a sitting duck. I had to except another position elsewhere after waiting over two weeks to start nesting.

Advice to Management

Hire people who don't have attitudes when they are trying to "help" us. Get people their log ins faster we all have bills and no one has time to sit and wait two to three weeks after training to start working.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I worked at NexRep part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pick your own schedule
    Full control of how much money you make
    Easy job
    Awesome supervisors
    Great team

Cons

When a company decided to no longer hold a contract with Nexrep, nexrep waits last minute to tell you not giving you much time to find a new job

"Don't Waste Your Time, Money, and Talent."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at NexRep (Less than a year)

Pros

The only Pro I can come up with is that you can work from home... which there are many companies nowadays that will allow you to work from home or offer work from home positions

Cons

Where do I even start? Okay. Lets break this down.

Hiring - the hiring process was extremely easy. I applied online. Then I received an email about a week later requesting to set up an interview over the phone. The phone interview was also extremely easy.

Training - first and foremost the training was 5 days long and unpaid. It was extremely boring. To be honest it was mainly reading through material or the trainer reading it to you. There was no on-the-job training. And a lot of what you need to know how to do was not covered thoroughly in training. I can read instruction manuals all day long or have them read to me. But until I am actually doing it, I am lost.

Your work hours - you actually get to choose what hours you work. Hearing this I thought that would be wonderful. But this is only wonderful for some people. Let me elaborate on this. You're split into two groups. Team A or Team B. Teams A as I schedule released today on everyMonday morning and they get to choose their hours for the following week. Teams B has a schedule released to them Teuadsy morning. So Team B basically has to choose Teams As leftovers. Nexrep will tell you that your team placement is determined by your metrics and compliance, ( meaning how you did the week before ). My metrics were never wonderful. So I kind of understand why I was always placed on Team B. However, there is no doubt in my mind that there is some definite favoritism going on within the company. I have close friends who's metrics and compliance was always much worse than mine. Yet, they were being placed on Team A week after week.

Working and Support - throughout training and want you are working, your " Bible " are wikki's. A wikki is basically an instruction manual that tells you how to handle certain situations. Once you actually start work, if you have any trouble with anything or are not quite sure how to handle a certain issue, you are constantly told to " read your wiki " . Don't get me wrong. I understand that the managers and your boss want you to be able to learn to help yourself. But while you are looking something up or reading through your Wiki, you usually have a customer on hold. This is not fair to you or the customer.

Pay - if you read any job description for this position it will plainly tell you when black and white that the pay for this position is anywhere from $10 or more an hour. This is an OUT RIGHT lie. You actually get paid for your talk time. You are expected to do everything on the computer that needs to be done while you are still on the phone with the customer. Now this is a catch 22. To allow your metrics to be high you have to be able to handle the calls quickly. But you get paid for your talk time. See where I'm going with this? The first couple of weeks I worked I was told my pay would be $10 an hour. And you get paid every two weeks. Okay so I work 25 hours per week, which was a total of 50 hours for the two-week pay. You do the math. Since taxes are not taken out, are you not coming up with about $500? Me too. Imagine my surprise when my first paycheck was less than half of that!!!

Advice to Management

1. Be upfront and honest about how the pay works.
    2. Stop concentrating so much on " metrics", and schedule fair for everybody.
    3. Be more supportive to your employees as far as help. Don't just tell them to go read their Wiki anytime they're having an issue.
    4. You need more actual Hands-On training, especially when learning how to use Five9

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arvada, WY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arvada, WY

I worked at NexRep part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home about it

Cons

Management the worst. No positive remarks made to you EVER. Extremely poor pay

Advice to Management

Get rid of current management and trainers. I went from making $150 week to over$400 and still working from home . Quit isolating agents.

"Family friendly company"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at NexRep full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, personal coaching and growth potential!

Cons

Pay could be higher, and more availability