NexRep Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
NexRep CEO Teddy Liaw
Teddy Liaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's the place to be if you love interacting with your work from home agents and provide them the tools they need to succeed" (in 107 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, systems don't take up too much space on your pc" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to working for this company" (in 23 reviews)

• "I was hired as an independent contractor" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You Must come and be part of this company!!"

I have been working at NexRep part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gosh, I started out as an independent contractor less than 2 yrs ago, I have become a mentor, I have moved to other programs when in need. The support Staff are fantastic, patience, they made me feel as if we were sisters from a far. If you are ambitious and apply yourself the sky is the limit. I since have moved forward in advancing my career. AND you can too! No Limitations.

Cons

I honestly can not think of one. As technology changes in our world, we must be patient and walk along side before we can run.

Advice to Management

Great Job, Lets keep growing.......

NexRep Response

Mar 28, 2018 – V.P., Agent Community

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We're so glad to have you as part of the NexRep family! Thank you for all you do for NexRep and for our clients.

"Family friendly company"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at NexRep full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, personal coaching and growth potential!

Cons

Pay could be higher, and more availability

"Good company, ok experience..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at NexRep part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My interviewer was very friendly, I was asked on the spot if I wanted the positon. After you are hired you are a independent contractor, you make your own schedules after training. Trainers are very knowledgeable and friendly. Training is ok a lot of information though in a short time frame. Some managers and team leads are nice as well. The amount you are payed changes every now and then. You have to schedule yourself at least 20 hours a week and you get to work from home that's awesome by it's self..

Cons

Some cons are that training is not paid and you pay for your own background check. During training one of the managers came to assist with people who were having problems signing into the VPN and she ended getting really nasty and rude with everyone who she was helping. I was not one of them but the people who were having the problems said that they were scared to even speak up about their problems because she was so irate. I could not understand how she was so mad about doing her job. She ended up leaving the virtual training room in the middle of helping someone and sending in another person. It was the most unprofessional thing that I had seen working there. The trainer made jokes about the incident when it was brought up by a team member but I could tell she felt a way about it as well. When you finally finish training it takes them over 2 weeks to get you any information to sign in to systems even if nesting has already started. If you need money right after training this is not the place for you, you will be a sitting duck. I had to except another position elsewhere after waiting over two weeks to start nesting.

Advice to Management

Hire people who don't have attitudes when they are trying to "help" us. Get people their log ins faster we all have bills and no one has time to sit and wait two to three weeks after training to start working.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I worked at NexRep part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pick your own schedule
    Full control of how much money you make
    Easy job
    Awesome supervisors
    Great team

Cons

When a company decided to no longer hold a contract with Nexrep, nexrep waits last minute to tell you not giving you much time to find a new job

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arvada, WY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arvada, WY

I worked at NexRep part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home about it

Cons

Management the worst. No positive remarks made to you EVER. Extremely poor pay

Advice to Management

Get rid of current management and trainers. I went from making $150 week to over$400 and still working from home . Quit isolating agents.

"Don't Waste Your Time, Money, and Talent."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at NexRep (Less than a year)

Pros

The only Pro I can come up with is that you can work from home... which there are many companies nowadays that will allow you to work from home or offer work from home positions

Cons

Where do I even start? Okay. Lets break this down.

Hiring - the hiring process was extremely easy. I applied online. Then I received an email about a week later requesting to set up an interview over the phone. The phone interview was also extremely easy.

Training - first and foremost the training was 5 days long and unpaid. It was extremely boring. To be honest it was mainly reading through material or the trainer reading it to you. There was no on-the-job training. And a lot of what you need to know how to do was not covered thoroughly in training. I can read instruction manuals all day long or have them read to me. But until I am actually doing it, I am lost.

Your work hours - you actually get to choose what hours you work. Hearing this I thought that would be wonderful. But this is only wonderful for some people. Let me elaborate on this. You're split into two groups. Team A or Team B. Teams A as I schedule released today on everyMonday morning and they get to choose their hours for the following week. Teams B has a schedule released to them Teuadsy morning. So Team B basically has to choose Teams As leftovers. Nexrep will tell you that your team placement is determined by your metrics and compliance, ( meaning how you did the week before ). My metrics were never wonderful. So I kind of understand why I was always placed on Team B. However, there is no doubt in my mind that there is some definite favoritism going on within the company. I have close friends who's metrics and compliance was always much worse than mine. Yet, they were being placed on Team A week after week.

Working and Support - throughout training and want you are working, your " Bible " are wikki's. A wikki is basically an instruction manual that tells you how to handle certain situations. Once you actually start work, if you have any trouble with anything or are not quite sure how to handle a certain issue, you are constantly told to " read your wiki " . Don't get me wrong. I understand that the managers and your boss want you to be able to learn to help yourself. But while you are looking something up or reading through your Wiki, you usually have a customer on hold. This is not fair to you or the customer.

Pay - if you read any job description for this position it will plainly tell you when black and white that the pay for this position is anywhere from $10 or more an hour. This is an OUT RIGHT lie. You actually get paid for your talk time. You are expected to do everything on the computer that needs to be done while you are still on the phone with the customer. Now this is a catch 22. To allow your metrics to be high you have to be able to handle the calls quickly. But you get paid for your talk time. See where I'm going with this? The first couple of weeks I worked I was told my pay would be $10 an hour. And you get paid every two weeks. Okay so I work 25 hours per week, which was a total of 50 hours for the two-week pay. You do the math. Since taxes are not taken out, are you not coming up with about $500? Me too. Imagine my surprise when my first paycheck was less than half of that!!!

Advice to Management

1. Be upfront and honest about how the pay works.
    2. Stop concentrating so much on " metrics", and schedule fair for everybody.
    3. Be more supportive to your employees as far as help. Don't just tell them to go read their Wiki anytime they're having an issue.
    4. You need more actual Hands-On training, especially when learning how to use Five9

"Line of Communication"

Pros

you can work at home as an independent contractor and set your own hours

Cons

Being able to contact workforce or anyone in mgmgt is very very difficult.

Advice to Management

I think you guys need to hire more people who responds to employee emails with in a timely manner, many important questions go unanswered, due to the lack of response .
    I rate the response to employees a solid 0.
    everything else is fine.

"Terribly unfair"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Danville, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Danville, KY

I worked at NexRep (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work from home
    - Decent @home pay

Cons

-Scheduling is first come first serve. Though they hire so many people that when they release all the shifts available, they're all taken within 30 seconds. For many, it's impossible to get more than 2 hours through the week even though they promise you the freedom to schedule as much as you'd like. You're also put in a punishment group every week you don't meet minimum hours, which gives you even less options the next week (this is a never-ending cycle where it becomes impossible to escape the punished group B). You can only pick 30 minutes at a time, and as I said you only had about 30-45 seconds before all shifts were chosen and gone.

-Workforce Management has 0 empathy and actually gets smart with you when you ask them if perhaps there's something wrong with your scheduling when it becomes quite unbelievable that you're only able to schedule about 4 hours in a total of 1 month. And NexRep focuses their biggest priority skill for you as an agent to be empathetic, yet they never once had any empathy for any of us who took a job which implied as many hours as we wanted, but then only made 20 dollars a week from.

-They blame you for the situation you're in for choosing an "independent-contractor" position and tell you that the risk was on you. None of the other 4 times I had this type of contract was I ever in a situation like this which the company created on their own by hiring hundreds of people too many.

-Almost everything implied about your job experience in the interview, training, nesting, and live calls will turn out to be untrue.

-On the last day of training, the person that sends you on your way to the next step openly tells you that you will feel like a deer in headlights, everyone will. This is because they don't train you pretty much at all for 5 days, 8 hours apiece, with no pay.

Advice to Management

- Be more likely to offer empathy to your workers when you stress it on them to use for customers.

- Don't hire 500 workers when you know you're only going to need about 250 simply because you know people will leave. The biggest reason they're leaving is that the majority of them cant make a livable wage due to you having too many people and no shifts available.

-If your system makes it incredibly unlikely that a worker can possibly make minimum hours that you require without winning the "lottery" of picking shifts that weren't already taken before you clicked them, then maybe don't punish us and put us in a separate group for not adhering to something you made it impossible to adhere to. This is downright insulting and unfair.

9. "A Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at NexRep full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energizing team
    Great Leadership
    You can make a difference

Cons

No cons I can think of

10. "NexRep Family"

I have been working at NexRep full-time

Pros

I have been employed here for almost 3 years and have loved the experience!! The flexibility is amazing, and the people are even better!

There are a ton of opportunities in a lot of different arenas, and something will surely suit your fancy.

If you are one that excels, there will be much more exciting opportunities that will be available to you as well!

Cons

The call center world is unpredictable.