- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Boston, MA
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Irvine, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - Martinez, CA
- France - All Cities
- - Grand Est
- Mexico - All Cities
- - México
- - Mexico City, Mexico Area
- - Ciudad de Mexico
- - San Luis Potosí
- Japan - All Cities
- - Okinawa
- Romania - All Cities
- - Alba
- - Cluj-Napoca, Romania Area
- - Alba Iulia
Found 22 of over 31 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Jun 22, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
work environment, employee benefits, company with a clear direction
compensation is tied to company performance, lack of integrity in the direct selling industryContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 16, 2022 - Sales RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great coworkers to work with
The management is very micromanaged
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work on your own time
Low earnings with too much work
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 30, 2014 - Customer Service in Irvine, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I throughly enjoyed working with the my peers. Company had a pretty good Christmas party.
Upper mangement lied. Supervisors acted under the orders of a person who had very little ethics and threw alot of spears into the air and it was the customer service rep's job to catch them. No room for advancement, low pay, small raises (if any, no matter how good your reviews). Company sells itself as a wellness company. Treats employees as it's property with no respect. One employee wanted to take his child to their first day of school, company said no. Another employee needed to take their mother to chemotherapy, company said, find someone else to take her. Gotta have that phone coverage, no matter what the cost. The image of wellness must be maintained. Nikken continually sold products that had not been throughly tested (or tested at all), which made the product subject to excessive returns (this happened many times). Company promoted sales to it's tens of thousands of customers with only 100 items in stock (this action took place many times). You find yourself explaining to customers 10 minutes after the sale started that inventory was exhausted and the sale was over, call after call.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
I learned how to be an effective business owner and entrepreneur and improve the well being of my clients.Apr 7, 2011 - in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The teams are often virtual (the other coast) but the support they provide to their distributors is first class. The responsiveness to the field is great so we're able to make real time connections with experts and our clients.
The product technologies can be complex so you need to invest time in learning in order to do a good job of consultative selling.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 2, 2016 - in Irvine, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Relaxed, Laid back environment, Great people.
As one of the oldest MLM companies in the US, it's been getting smaller and smaller, everything feels like is going to end up soon, but after a while, it's just the natural state of the company.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 24, 2015 - Sales Director in Irvine, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great camaraderie and opportunity to learn leadership and be part of a team. a no limit opportunity.
No income floor. if you don't produce there is no income. The opportunity is what you make of itContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 8, 2015 - Independent Consultant in Martinez, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Having more time and financial freedom. No boss, residual income, work with wonderful people who focus on having balance in life through health and wellness technologies.
The only con would be that I don't have enough people on my team
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★May 21, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've loved the majority of my colleagues and coworkers, but many have since been laid off or left of their own accord.
The company projects a fluffy, holistic, work-life balance philosophy for its distributors, but corporate employees experience an entirely different reality. Beware; it looks like the majority of "employee reviews" posted here are from distributors and not actual corporate employees. Benefits are decent, but compensation is bottom of the barrel and upward mobility is not even an option, no matter how experienced or valuable you have proven yourself.
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Feb 10, 2014 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The only all inclusive wellness company in the world!!!
This company is excellent. It has changed my life!!!
Nikken Reviews FAQs
Nikken has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 31 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Nikken to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
57% of Nikken employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nikken 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.