Cover image for NuView Systems

81 Comments

Tech

1014.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=NuView Systems~34900
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about NuView Systems? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NuView Systems employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some good people to wrok with.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work. Don't believe the bad.

May 21, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is pulling together to make NuView a quality place to work and a quality product. The environment is highly flexible and continues to evolve. We definitely have our ups and downs but overall this is a great place to work. I am saddened to read some of these reviews because I know that there are sour grapes and at least one of these (salesperson NY) is fake since we didn't have a salesperson in NY. Please don't confuse my statements as every company has things to work on and so do we but many of these reviews are just not right, especially those trying to convince that the positive reviews are fake. This is a good place to grow your career, make a difference and help to continue building a great place to work .

Cons

We can always do better with communication and collaboration but the biggest con is all of these sour grape reviews.

2. 4.0

Nice Place to work

Jan 18, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very dedicated people working at NuView

Cons

No negatives to add to this however the company was acquired.

3. Join the NuView Systems team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Bug-ridden software and unique "culture" create a heinous work environment.

Jan 18, 2014 - Professional Services in North Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is difficult to find nice things to write about NuView. Like most employees, I worked there because of convenience. The commute was short and I needed a job. However, things have changed over the past few years. The job market in the Boston area has picked up, opening new opportunities for many who were previously trapped at NuView. The parking area is far from the office, so the shuttle bus is a nice service. The bathrooms sometimes smell clean. Sometimes.

Cons

If you can't tell from the reviews on this site and others, everyone HATES this company. Employees and customers are equally abused by management. This "culture" is an unfortunate side effect of NuView's foreign origins, where it is socially acceptable to consider others to be beneath you. Because of this, most employees are unprofessional, angry and mean. Everyone is constantly fighting while customers cancel services and the product falls even further behind the competition. It's a miracle that they can still make payroll with the limited revenue trickling through the door. But the executive team refuses to see the problems, instead they seem to believe the rotten lies they feed each other. I can't understand how the investors keep bailing this company out with more cash. Eventually, you have to cut your losses and move on. This company is not going to get better. And customers, please don't ever waste your time calling NuView support. They will make you feel worthless and stupid. Support management is responsible for the rudest customer interactions I have ever witnessed. They should be banned from ever working with human beings.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Thinking about NuView? Whether you are a potential employee or client, think again and again

Jul 10, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I sat and thought long and hard about the pros of this company and the only thing I could come up with was location

Cons

Employees: Understand this company has very low employee moral which ultimately impacts the service provided to the customer, management team is blind, very dysfunctional in so many ways that it causes undue stress, If you love going to a job you hate, working within a team that has low moral, you don't care about growth or happy customers, you have low self value and love being miserable... Well then this is the place for you. Customers: Know that they don't treat their customers well at all, once a customer it is bait and switch so beware, you have a team in India who has no idea about Domestic HR and Payroll doing development work which 99% of the time requires rework, deadlines are often missed which impacts the customers reputation within their company because NuView can't deliver, there are not enough quality employees to do the work so you are left with managing problems and a poorly designed solution, you will spend more time on the phone escalating to the management team and receiving empty promises they can not deliver on. Please be cautious as it is your career reputation on the line.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Worst workplace ever...do not apply here!

May 27, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is usually candy at the front desk, so that is a nice treat if you like chocolate bars. There is also a water cooler in the kitchen. I like that for when I am thirsty. Also, K-cups.

Cons

My only advice to you if you're planning on applying at Nuview is to evaluate what you want your work experience to be. If you want to be in a discriminatory environment filled with senior management and executives that have no solid vision for the company and who dont care about employees, Nuview is the place for you. If you want to actually be happy and valued in your job, then stay clear and apply elsewhere. Because of poor leadership in senior management, quality employees keep leaving, and the number of quality and dedicated employees left is very small. The company cant afford to replace those who have left with qualified workers (as that would mean having to pay talented candidates what they are worth), so they bring on people who are clueless and with little experience out of pure desperation. Senior management is running the show here, and the C-levels dont care who comes and goes as long as their egos continue to get stroked. I mean, look at the rest of the reviews here from the past couple of years. If they truly cared about employees and the future of the company, they would have made a change to the work environment by now.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Most Degrading Place I've Ever Worked

Feb 6, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some people who are still around that are pleasant to work with. There is also a gym in the building, which is convenient.

Cons

The people managing this company have no integrity towards their clients nor do they have any respect for the people who work for them. Clients are miserable from having been sold a product they cannot use. They are forced to suffer through months (if not years) of implementation, where their time and money are wasted on a product that gives them no value. The software’s only selling point is that it’s cheaper than its competitors but clients who invest in it quickly learn that you get what you pay for. No matter how smart or talented you may be, upper management thinks of all their employees as replaceable. They have no interest in listening to any opinions different from their own and are only looking for people who follow along without questioning the poor business decisions that are constantly made. If you try to speak your mind or make any kind of positive change, you are labeled as someone with a “bad attitude.” Once that happens, your days are numbered. If you have any interest in knowing what it’s like to be treated as a puppet in an organization that has no hope for surviving in the current marketplace, then sure, apply for a position…

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee

You'll Never Be Bored!

Aug 26, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

What sold me on coming to work for NuView is the product itself - the versatility of the software is fantastic, clicking off the bullets on my HR "wish list" one by one as if I had submitted the list prior to the product's design. There are many bright minds among my colleagues from whom I can learn and with whom it's a pleasure to work.

Cons

To work at NuView, you need to be able to catch on to software without very much documentation. Everyone agrees it's severely lacking, but there hasn't been an effort to give it the priority it deserves. Talk among employees is that it's "a developer's software" and requires more technical savvy than many of the client's HR employees have, making for heavy support requirements.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Executive leadership changes are required to save this company.

Jan 13, 2013 -  in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company. Employees experience all aspects of the business and work in a variety of verticals.

Cons

NuView was the WORST place I've ever worked. I'm embarrassed to include it in my resume, as it only taints my career. The executive team does not value employees or customers. They will lie, cheat, and steal. Customers are duped into purchasing a flexible system with a toolkit for customization. In reality, the system barely functions and customers cannot use the toolkit. They must pay NuView services for everything. Most new customers never make it into production with this archaic, broken software. The executives are frustrated by shrinking revenues and constantly abuse the staff. Skilled employees can't handle the toxic environment. This has produced a significant brain drain where top employees continue to leave. The remaining skeleton crew just cannot meet the needs of the organization, but the lack of revenue prevents hiring new staff. The few talented employees still stuck in that cesspool of a company are desperately trying to get out. It's only a matter of time... NuView invests as little as possible in R&D. Overseas development is shoddy. Customers are left to suffer the consequences.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

RIP NuView

Aug 18, 2014 - Support Representative in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's over. Learned what I could, met some GREAT people! Will be keeping in touch with some of the best folks I've met over my career.

Cons

It's over - the CEO sold us out and took his millions; the investors have let everybody else go without a way to support themselves and their families, not even a decent severance package. They hired some people for a week and then let them go so they lost their seniority and didn't have to get longer severance arrangements. Go online and try to figure out what exactly Ignite Technologies in Texas does - you can't really tell. Ask any of the people they just kicked to the curb, they'll tell you. Feeling sorry for the poor clients who bought the software and now need support for it.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company rebounding

Jan 28, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has been working to focus its efforts in all the right places. They are driving a quality product that is focused on the clients needs. The company is delivering on all of its promises and is trying to make sure that the people in the organization are all working in a positive way towards the client, the product and each other. The company seems to be working to insure that everyone that is with the firm is moving in a positive direction. If you want a good place to work that cares about success then NuView is good for you.

Cons

Moving forward does not leave everyone happy and I saw some people that were not happy nor wanted to move forward. Additional training is needed for staff members which is always a reality, but remember that change is always good.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews
</>Embed

NuView Systems Reviews FAQs

NuView Systems has an overall rating of 2.4 out of 5, based on over 53 reviews left anonymously by employees. 32% of employees would recommend working at NuView Systems to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NuView Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NuView Systems. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

32% of NuView Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NuView Systems 2.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.3 for culture and values and 2.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NuView Systems to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.