KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.1
O2 CEO Lutz Schüler
Lutz Schüler
0 Rating
Pros
  • "O2 has a fantastic flexible working scheme allowing you to manage work & personal life(in 75 reviews)

• "Flexibility and great work / life balance(in 45 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working long hours as the store is in shopping center(in 15 reviews)

• "The business is very focused in Head Office, (Slough) meaning lots of early starts and very late finishes(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review of O2 (Telefonica UK)

Feb 6, 2017 - Technical Research Writer in East Berkshire, VT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly company, considerate attitude towards employees and contractors. The company carries out many stimulating, creative projects. Combines friendly, supportive attitude with a high level of competence and professional approach to work.

Cons

Sometimes the pressure of work (dealines) is excessive.

3 people found this review helpful

Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really do appreciate it. Great to see that you had many positives whilst working for us, this makes us really happy as our employees make o2 the great place it is to work. We take on board your cons and at times our work can be pressured but we do promote that our employees have a healthy work/life balance and we do operate an open door policy so if any of our employees felt stressed or pressured then we are here to support. We can see that you no longer work for us so thank you for being part of the o2 family and that your career is going well.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

What happened to a once great role?

Sep 30, 2021 - Guru in Birmingham, England

Pros

Cons

Was with the business for around 9 years had friendly team, great manager and support when you needed it in store. I have heard the manager has now left and know she had a lot of experience so O2’s loss, spread love man not hate. The con to why I left was due to communication it just weren’t cool. The guru role was something to be proud of in the day and then 2020 hit and mid 2019 all communication around the Guru stopped. The guru role has become inactive and the business when I left had not given a reason why. No guidance, no progression and no updates the role had become non existent. They were pulling guru bars out of the new shops and not employing new guru’s. I have skills so have left the business and now working for EE it’s O2 8 years ago in ethos . But personally you have lost a lot of experience in myself, my manager and colleagues. I really hope I am wrong but have a feeling existing guru’s and staff will be pushed out the business really soon for performance issues.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work for work life balance

Nov 12, 2021 - Radio Design Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Good pay and perks Good for personnel development Great customer focus Great with diversity and inclusion Professional and Competitive Great brand management

Cons

Some management heads are old school Yearly Pay rise is below inflation rate

O2 Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and it is great to see the number of benefits you have listed about working here. Our people are the reason why we are a great place to work and it is important to us that we give back to our people through our culture, working environment and benefits. Thank you for being part of Team O2.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Nov 17, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great and happy environment. Employees are well looked after

Cons

None I can think of

O2 Response

Thank you for such a lovely review, we really do appreciate it. We can see that you no longer work for us so we hope your career is going well.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work, exciting opportunities ahead

Nov 3, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff and lots of recognition and rewards, activities to keep you interested. Talented workforce and work is always varied and interesting. Benefits are awesome.

Cons

Since the Virgin Media O2 merger it has been a very bumpy ride but expecting things to settle a bit more once everyone has their footing.

O2 Response

What a great review and as you say there are lots of exciting opportunities ahead as we have become the new power couple on the market with being Virgin Media O2. Thank you for being part of the team and for taking the time to let us know how you feel about working here, we do appreciate it.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good place to work

Nov 16, 2021 - Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

good community rewarded for hard work

Cons

the customers can be tough

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it is great to see that you had a sense of community when you worked here. Our people are the reason why we are a great place to work and it is great to see that you felt that. Also it is important that we reward our people for hard work and we do offer competitive salaries, bonuses and flex benefits so again great to see that you experienced that. We can see you no longer work for us so we hope your career is going well.

7. 5.0

Was fun

Oct 21, 2021 - Sales Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

easy going, enjoyable just have to make sure you're getting sales although the pressure depends on how well your store performance. if it is a regular bonus hitting store the culture and hunger amongst team and managers will reflect this

Cons

can be a bit boring if the store is dead, or stressful if you're close to missing targets

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us as a sales advisor. It is great to see that you found the job enjoyable and as you mention it is a sales role and we all work together to achieve the targets that are set but also making sure that we are delivering personal experiences that count to our customers offering the service that they want from us. We hope your career is going well.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent company to work for

Nov 8, 2021 - Product Owner in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

the company is going through a lot of changes, so there are many opportunities, teamwork collaboration is highly valued, the work environment is friendly and collaborative

Cons

Low salary compared to competitors

O2 Response

The title says it all and we are really happy to hear that you feel it is an excellent company to work for. As you say we are going through alot of change but the changes are positive with being part of another big brand in the marketplace and it will bring with it many opportunities. Thank you for being part of the team.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Nov 26, 2021 - Retail Adviser in Unknown
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job. No late shifts.

Cons

Not enough hours. More service than sales

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Can be easy or can be stressful

Nov 21, 2021 - Sales Advisor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff Plan Phone Contract Chance to win free tickets to AMG venues Good Values Good Directors

Cons

Can be a stressful workload KPI’s sometimes un-achievable Mystery Shops getting harder Poor Progression Oppertunities

O2 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for highlighting a number of your positives of working here. In terms of your cons, we appreciate that working as our front line staff dealing with customers it can be busy and stressful at times and that targets can be tough but we have a great support network and we hope that you reach out to get the help that you need as we would never want our people to feel unsupported or stressed at work and that is not the way we work. In terms of progression we recently have had 36 people move from Retail to Head Office roles and we also have a number of our people out on secondment so progression is there so please do regularly check our internal careers site to see the opportunities. Thank you for being part of Team O2.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 872 Reviews