O2 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2019

4.1
O2 CEO Mark Evans
Mark Evans
Pros
  • "Great pension contributions & flexible working policy including home working(in 57 reviews)

• "The company is working hard to deliver on work life balance and they do it amazingly well(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "The business is very focused in Head Office, (Slough) meaning lots of early starts and very late finishes(in 11 reviews)

• "Lack of understanding work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

"Review of O2 (Telefonica UK)"

Technical Research Writer in East Berkshire, VT

I worked at O2 for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly company, considerate attitude towards employees and contractors. The company carries out many stimulating, creative projects. Combines friendly, supportive attitude with a high level of competence and professional approach to work.

Cons

Sometimes the pressure of work (dealines) is excessive.

O22017-02-06

January 26, 2018Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really do appreciate it. Great to see that you had many positives whilst working for us, this makes us really happy as our employees make o2 the great place it is to work. We take on board your cons and at times our work can be pressured but we do promote that our employees have a healthy work/life balance and we do operate an open door policy so if any of our employees felt stressed or pressured then we are here to support. We can see that you no longer work for us so thank you for being part of the o2 family and that your career is going well.

2. "PM"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I worked at O2 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Environment, variety of work, facilities

Cons

Governance systems and risk based methodologies

O22019-10-11

October 14, 2019Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. We’re glad to read you enjoyed the working environment and your role in general. It’s difficult to comment on the cons you have mentioned, without more information but we will take these on board. We can see you no longer work with us so we hope your career is going well. Thanks again.

3. "Review O2"

Current Employee - Credit Risk Analytics Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at O2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, work from home policy, flexibility

Cons

Extra hours not paid, small team

O22019-10-08

October 9, 2019Social Media Specialist

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to see you have such a good working environment and benefit from flexible working and working from home. For your cons, we’d always recommend to our people to speak to their manager in the first instance, to see if any other arrangements can be made for your hours of working. We can see you’re still working with us, so do hope you continue being part of the O2 family.

4. "Very reliable employer, good work package."

Former Employee - Data Performance & Analytics Designer in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I worked at O2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to shape your carrier path.

Cons

Too small capacity of parking lot at Slough HQ

O22019-10-01

October 2, 2019Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear you felt there were lots of development opportunities when working for us, as this is something we do like to support our people with. In regards to your con about parking, we’re aware of some issues with parking at our head office in Slough and we’re working to find a solution for this asap. Thanks again for leaving a review and we hope your career is going well.

5. "In at the deep end."

Current Employee - O2 Guru

I have been working at O2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started my role at only 19 (now 20) my first time in retail and as part of a leadership team. Through my unique circumstances in my store I have got to experience all aspects of store leadership. Not only have I been able to help our customers but I have been able to help run the store and cover for my manager. In the almost year I have been with O2 I have gained so much experience and been able to start growing... my skills in several areas.

Cons

Lack of training opportunities. My induction training wasn’t until two months in to my career at O2. The lack of training available has meant I’ve had to teach myself the role and I feel that I could be a greater asset to the company with more training.

Advice to Management

Invest more time and money in to training. We are the face of the company and we need to be on the ball from the start. Although we have some brilliant how-to guides and information available on the intranet nothing beats old fashion training, even just providing store leaders a more detailed training guide for new-starters or people new in to their role.

O22019-10-15

October 18, 2019Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying working with us and in your first year, have already gained some really valuable skills for your future career. In regards to training, we’d recommend to feed this back to your store leader as you should have had some training sessions scheduled when you first joined us. If you manager doesn’t have the training guides they need, they can contact their regional leader about this in their first instance. Our HR team are also on hand to help if you or your manager would like to discuss this further. We hope you continue to work with us for many more years. Thanks.

6. "Good salary, bad management choices"

Current Employee - Guru

I have been working at O2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

fantastic perks free airtime on phone and tablet access to perkbox opportunity to win tickets to o2 arena's

Cons

staff turnover management communication always looking to cut costs in any way possible including loosing staff

O22019-10-13

October 14, 2019Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad to read you enjoy the staff perks we offer for our people. In regards to your cons, it’s difficult to comment on this without more info but we would recommend to speak with your line manager about this in the first instance. Our HR team are also on hand if there is anything you wish to discuss further. Thanks again for your review and we hope you continue to work with us for many more years.

7. "O2 part time"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in London, England

I have been working at O2 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good discount Fun Family like team Competitive bonus Liked working with latest phones

Cons

Competitive targets at times Bonus scheme always changing Needs to have more perks to staff Customers can be too demanding Most expensive phone network

O22019-10-11

October 14, 2019Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. We’re glad to hear you enjoy the benefits of working with us and get along well with your colleagues. In regards to your bonus targets, it’s difficult to comment on this without more info but we would recommend to speak with your line manager about this in the first instance but we know that last week we did announce a change to bonus which was received really well in stores so hope that has made a difference. We’ll take your feedback on board regarding more staff perks. Thanks again for leaving a review.

8. "10 years and going strong"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at O2 full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, brilliant colleagues, excellent senior leadership team

Cons

None I can think of

O22019-09-26

September 26, 2019Resourcing Consultant

10 years - that is a great achievement, thanks for being part of the o2 family and for leaving us a really nice review. Here's to the next 10 years.

9. "Technical Analyst"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at O2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, benefits and training

Cons

You're in that corporate bubble where most things need to follow process.

O22019-10-09

October 10, 2019Social Media Specialist

Hello and thanks for your review. We’re pleased to see you have a great working atmosphere and enjoy the benefits available at O2 – our staff perks are what really make us stand out as an employer. It’s also great to hear you consider training one of your pros too, as we invest heavily in our people with things such as our digital learning platform, O2 Campus. For your cons, processes are often necessary when working in such a fast moving industry, but we are currently going through some internal transformation which will bring together and simplify many areas of the business. We’ll certainly take your feedback about this on board though so thanks for this. We see you’re still working with us, so do hope you continue working as part of the O2 family.

10. "Overall a really enjoyable experience however a lot of that depends on your store"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at O2 part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff phone tariff makes it really cheap and discount on accessories is good too. You also got a really good discount for friends and family but this has been cut hugely since I left from 60 to 10 discounts (forever, not per year). I had a really good store and initially managers were helpful and laid back Pay was relatively good Flexible with shifts to fit university timetable

Cons

Area manager was unsupportive, highly focused on sales without addressing overarching problems in the store that were leading to bad sales and morale Very little scope for progression

O22019-10-07

October 8, 2019Social Media Reputation Specialist

Hi, thanks for your review. Great to hear you had a relaxed working atmosphere, and the benefits and pay on offer were to your liking – our staff perks are what really make us stand out as an employer and our basic salaries and bonuses are up there with some of the best in today’s market. For your cons, staff perks can change from time to time to ensure we’re offering the best range of benefits to our people, but we’ll take your feedback about this on board. As you found little scope for progression, we’d always recommend to our people to speak to their manager in the first instance to ensure they are kept in mind for any opportunities that arise and all of our vacancies are advertised internally so that everyone can see what development/progression is on offer. It’s disappointing to hear you found your area manager unsupportive. We do hope that you did speak to them directly about this but we have our My HR team on hand who can also support with any concerns so unsure if you reached out to them. We can see you’re no longer working with us, so wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Found 428 reviews