KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The Loan Advocates complain so much about upper management.(in 6 reviews)
  • "CEO has no idea how to run an org and would rather talk about his boat and company parties than address the actual issues.(in 6 reviews)
  • "After three weeks, my manager got upset on what I wrote on their communication platform, and blamed my second job for my illness and stated that 'HE MADE A MISTAKE IN BRINGING ME ON AND FIRED ME!' I felt so foolish leaving a job that I have been at for almost two years to come work for this glorified, payday lender with interest rates that is absolutely ridiculous!(in 5 reviews)
  • "Before I never met with my supervisor to talk performance.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Lack of diversity on the corporate side created tension between customer service 'loan advocates' and operations.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OppFi and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jul 12, 2022 - Customer Experience Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, benefits, perks, and office space.

Cons

Minimal opportunity for internal growth.

1 person found this review helpful

OppFi Response

Thank you for sharing your experience and glad to hear you enjoy the office, benefits and people here at OppFi. We put our heart and soul into finding great talent that will also be a value-add to our culture. The health of a company can be measured by the amount of internal movement you see and we’re grateful that our CEO is championing this effort and we want to support your development. If you have not already done so, please talk to your manager about your career progression. Additionally, please take advantage of our career development resources that will help you to own and propel your career. These resources include career development learning experiences, performance/development toolkits, OppFi DevelopU programming as well as development planning templates/conversation guides that will elevate your career conversations with leaders across the company. If you’re not getting support from your manager, please reach out to your People Business Partner and they will be happy to help. Erin Killingsworth-Walker, Director of Learning & Development

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Receptionist (Contract by LaSalle Network)

Jul 18, 2022 - Business Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely building to work in its main headquarters. The staff is friendly. You will get a lot of support from the manager.

Cons

Not enough pay to deal with rude customers.

3 people found this review helpful

OppFi Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience. We are glad to hear you enjoy the office building and people here at OppFi. Sorry that you are dissatisfied with your pay and have to manage rude customers. It’s not easy and can be demotivating. We have recently started looking into market comparison for all our employee salaries and will continue to do this on a regular basis in the future. We do encourage employees to talk directly to their leader if they have questions or concerns on compensation. Thank you again for being part of our team! Pam Johnson, Chief Financial Officer

3. 1.0
    Current Employee

Used to Be Great

Aug 15, 2022 - Customer Advocate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote working, thats it, thats all.

Cons

The Extreme salary cuts suddenly

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be okay, now it's trash

Aug 2, 2022 - Loan Advocate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can make good money depending on what job you get.

Cons

Just introduced shift bidding, so welcome to every other call center job. Will overwork you until you break They aren't going to hire anyone for this position, they are pushing LAs out because we make commission. Only expect hourly for a job as AA or CA. They are just a call center like any other really, no better or worse.

9 people found this review helpful

OppFi Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly value your input and are sorry to hear you feel this way. We are committed to keeping a pulse on our employee and customer experience. As our business continues to grow, it is critical that we continue to revisit the structures of our teams and workforce management processes to keep customer experience and employee satisfaction top of mind. To this end, our expanded team structure creates more balance for our Loan Advocates while elevating the customer experience. Additionally, we have amplified our onboarding and learning experiences to ensure that teams are set up for success. Embedded in our compensation philosophy is our commitment to paying team members competitively and rewarding them for their great work. This is our approach to all compensation decisions and why we think about compensation as a Total Rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and wellness benefits, perks and other great experiences. If you continue to feel overworked, please have a conversation with your direct manager or anyone on the People team, and we can together create a plan to ensure a healthy work-life integration. Erin Killingsworth-Walker, Director of Learning & Development

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

unlimited pto, expensive insurance

Jul 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

mental health days, unlimited pto

Cons

very expensive insurance if you have a family

3 people found this review helpful

OppFi Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and happy to hear that you enjoy the benefits of flexible PTO and monthly Wellness Days. We will keep working hard to ensure our employees have a positive experience and work life integration. We have heard the feedback about our family insurance being expensive. Over the last several months, we have been working closely with our broker to ensure we provide the best and most affordable insurance in the industry for all of our employees. We will continue to evaluate our benefits and look forward to hearing your thoughts during Open Enrollment in Q4. Michelle Y Bess, SVP, People

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

So glad I got out when I did… former amazing company turned into a dumpster fire.

Jul 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flashback to 2020/2021 and the company was thriving. DEI was important, you felt valued, good company perks and benefits. Pre going public, I thought this was a company I would have long tenure with.

Cons

It seems after going public is when the decline started at the end of 2021. A lot of key, influential employees started to leave and a lot of poor management changes were made. A President was brought on under the CEO who then took over for the CEO position and then the downhill really escalated. I mean you fired your CTO, brought in the new CEO’s recommendation who was awful, and then brought back the old CTO you literally told us was let go for poor performance. A team had their entire reason for working here fail, with a product launch, but then the leader gets promoted while great employees were laid off. Lay off after lay off started happening with peoples access just cut off and you are waiting for them on a meeting to find they were let go… now they are on their third CEO in my just over 1 year of working with them and he is taking the company back into the stone ages. Reversing all of dynamics and thrive where you work culture of the pre public company. DEI? They don’t even understand it. Give them spark notes so that they can actually get through town halls. Maybe their dad was successful but they have never been a CEO before and you can tell. I feel I am rambling but it’s just so extremely sad that a company I used to brag about working for has turned into this. The old positive reviews are true. It’s just not the same company anymore. Any current positive reviews cannot be true, unless they’re from brand new employees that don’t know any better yet. And this is coming from a corporate employee who already has it better than our operations teams.

15 people found this review helpful

OppFi Response

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, OppFi has evolved significantly in the past year. We went public, we changed members of our leadership team, and we took meaningful steps to prepare for a challenging macroeconomic environment. While important, these changes took a heavy toll on morale and altered our culture. We were not perfect, so we are working hard to make things better for our team and our customers, every day. Your feedback will help us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your contributions to OppFi. I wish you the best in your next chapter. Manny Chagas, Chief Operating Officer

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Up and Coming

Jun 15, 2022 - Servicing Strategy in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, remote work, decent benefits, flex vacation time, up and coming - dreaming big

Cons

The vision is a little wishy washy with the SEC announcement and multiple CEOs in a short period of time. It's relative to the times though and should work itself out.

2 people found this review helpful

OppFi Response

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that you appreciate our remote work philosophy, flexible PTO, and benefits options. Our team invested a lot of time and energy to come up with a set of offerings that aligns with the needs of our team members and helps us attract new colleagues. Thank you, also, for your feedback regarding our vision. We will continue to look for opportunities to articulate it as clearly as possible, take questions, and frame it in the context of the evolving market forces. Manny Chagas, Chief Operating Officer

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Blown away by my experience!

Jun 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

OppFi has been a breath of fresh air. The culture is inclusive and so incredibly positive, benefits are second to none and opportunities are endless. I’ve never felt cared for at a company like I do at OppFi. They care about their employees and create the forums for voices to be heard, they give everyone a seat at the table and are genuinely excited to have you on the team. Senior leadership’s excitement around the mission of OppFi is contagious and it didn’t take long for me to be all in and feel like we are really making a difference!

Cons

Coming onboard amidst leadership turnover was a little unsettling BUT they were open and explained the why which helped to ease my mind and provided stability and established trust.

OppFi Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you’ve had a positive onboarding experience and are enjoying the culture, benefits and mission of OppFi. We will continue to work hard to ensure all our employees feel valued and excited about the company’s outlook. Leadership turnover can be challenging but we will continue to be transparent and proactive in our communications. Thank you again! Michelle Y Bess, SVP, People

9. 5.0

Awesome place

Jun 21, 2022 - Underwriter in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the company and benefits

Cons

No cons, company is amazing

OppFi Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear about your positive experience!

10. 3.0

Trying to stay positive

Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great pay

Cons

Hard to move up, same people get multiple promotions rapidly

2 people found this review helpful

OppFi Response

It’s so great to hear that you appreciate the incredible team members we have at OppFi, the benefits, and compensation. At OppFi we have a 4 part Talent Management process called Oppt for Growth, that includes, Quarterly Conversations, Mid-Year Promotions, Talent Reviews, and Year-End Performance Reviews and Promotions to close out the year. While we have a strong process in place, we recognize that we still have more work to do mitigate bias and educate our people leaders on our promotion and internal mobility processes. Thank you for the continued feedback and if you have other recommendations on how to improve Oppt for Growth, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Erin Killingsworth-Walker, Director, Learning & Development

Viewing 1 - 10 of 238 Reviews
</>Embed

OppFi Reviews FAQs

OppFi has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 251 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at OppFi to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -24% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, OppFi employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at OppFi. This rating has decreased by -16% over the last 12 months.

46% of OppFi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OppFi 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at OppFi to be senior leadership, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, career development, management.

Popular Careers with OppFi Job Seekers