Optimum Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bert Valdman

1. "Technical Account Manager"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Optimum Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great working environment and coworkers, the product excellent.

Cons

It is a software company that is dependent on the workings of the HVAC/construction world, project time lines affected by issues out of the control of Optimum Energy.

2. "Sales & Marketing Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

- OE is a leading innovator in the HVAC/energy efficiency space; High growth potential as new products/services develop; there couldn’t be a more exciting time to be with this company
    - The most valuable part of my time at OE was the mentorship I received from the senior leadership team; my managers were eager to challenge and help prepare me for the next steps in my career
    - The people at OE are its greatest strength; incredibly intelligent staff that are passionate about what they do and also just wonderful people to be around. From the after work running club, to potlucks and game nights, this was a place and people I was eager to invest my time in
    - Well balanced work culture; as diligent and fast paced as it is flexible
    - Collaborative environment, supported by new open platform office space
    - Job responsibilities are dynamic

Cons

No cons of note beyond the fact that Optimum Energy is a growing company and still coming into its own.

3. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Project Manager I in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager I in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great environment and workspace, approachable management, transparent vision and goals, flexible schedules or WFH options

Cons

None come to mind. I guess if you don't enjoy and open office environment, this wouldn't be an ideal working situation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Seattle-based pioneer in the HVAC optimization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great benefits for health, holidays, and paid-vacation/PTO.
    Has made great leaps in strategic direction over the past 18 months - having become more disciplined and mature in its approach to business.
    Excellent place to be for folks who desire a smaller working environment and leading edge technology, within an organization forging ahead to make big changes in a very "old school" industry.

Cons

Needs to encourage teams at HQ to visit/participate in field activities (avoid death by budget/spend fear).

Advice to Management

Continue to help mentor current team members to discover new and interesting opportunities within the organization.

6. "Most exciting job I've had (and I've had many)"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Optimum Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Holidays (so many of them!)
    Flexible work schedule if you get your work done, don't miss deadlines
    Truly amazing team of people, the people make the place
    Vision at the top, a lot of recent changes for the good
    Pretty solid benefits, not the best ever, but top 15 percentile
    Unbelievable location (historic, within blocks of every transit terminal/type)
    .....can't wait to see the new space!

Cons

I'm not sure I have actually seen one yet.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive reinforcement, the open dialogue and great vision.

7. "So far, so great."

I have been working at Optimum Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A legitimate B2B software and engineering services company - not some smoke and mirrors startup. The technology really saves customers money and makes a big impact on the environment and I find that hugely motivating. Employees are smart, respectful and customer focused. Work life balance is good. The leadership is particularly strong and has clear, bold goals for the company.

Cons

Nothing to speak of thus far.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain a high bar for recruiting and stay the course strategically.

8. "Enthusiastic and Kind Culture"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Optimum Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The friendly and kind nature of the staff and executives motivated me to pursue permanent full-time employment, from my consultant position with the company. The culture is warm, innovative, and exhilarating, with a dedication to the values and mission. The employee benefits exhibit obvious diligence in the value of each member of the organization.

Cons

Having only one item for this section, I am still unable to post, because the Con is solved with the company’s move to new office space in January.

9. "Collaboration and Innovation"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Seattle, WA

Pros

To be apart of a company that is a thought leader in the sustainability space is extremely rewarding. Optimum truly values their employees by listening and learning as we go along, we have a staff of some bright individuals that have innovative thoughts and ideas. To know that my opinion is valued makes me get out of bed in the morning.

Cons

None to list that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to instill trust in your employees along with valuing their thoughts and opinions.

Optimum Energy Response

Jun 23, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Optimum Energy, we are glad that you feel valued and respected!

10. "Great people, still a startup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Optimum Energy (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, hands down some of the smartest and friendliest people I've worked with. There's a lot of collaboration here across all departments. It's a fun office environment and it's exciting to work on new solutions. Communication from the executive team has improved greatly and a focus on our culture is showing through all aspects of the business. It feels like an exciting time where we are poised for success. Competitive benefits, pay for performance culture, awesome Pioneer Square location, company events, regular communication, are all some of the pros of working at OE.

Cons

It's definitely still a start-up. We are small, we make changes. If someone is looking for a big company feel, or a long-term plan that they can just cruise along with, it's not the right fit. You have to be open, you have to collaborate, you have to think and act fast, and you have to have a passion for what you do to be successful here. Turnover has been high in the past but that's also part of a startup culture.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing all employees and their perspectives and opinions.

Optimum Energy Response

Jun 23, 2015 – Marketing Manager

We agree—we think our smart, friendly staff is one of our biggest assets! Thank you for taking the time to review Optimum Energy!

"Once Nathan left, everything changed"

Former Employee - Will Not Disclose in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Will Not Disclose in Seattle, WA

I worked at Optimum Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Green company, great location, decent health benefits, smart people.

Cons

New leadership, now entrenched, changed the culture. Made it a lot more cutthroat, less family oriented and only focused on metrics. They forgot people also work there.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees, create a winning culture and remember that the people make the company successful, not the product.