Pacific Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Permanent Recruiter"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. Everyone is here to help you and you truly can learn at your own pace. Management encourages new hires to succeed but to embrace their own way or recruiting.

Cons

Being a fast growing company, there is a lot of new hires, where a lot of videos are to be watched. Sometimes workload can be overwhelming.. but that is not even a con, every job can be overwhelming. I just had to write something here

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging growth from within... pick me!!!

I even recommended friends to apply, I love the culture that has been cultivated here.

Jul 16, 2018 – EVP

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We encourage success here at Pacific Companies and we realize that everyone learns at their own pace which is why our training program is specifically... More

2. "Great Opportunities with great growth"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Corporate culture with great management team

Cons

Nothing to report at this time

Advice to Management

None

Jul 13, 2018 – EVP

Thank you so much for your kind words! We work hard to maintain an amazing corporate culture each and every day!

3. "Great opportunity, with even better people"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership is great, reinvest in the staff and have great goals for long term growth. They want everyone to succeed, and give you every opportunity to do so. Can't ask for more than that from an organization.

Cons

You have to work hard to succeed. This is not a job for the status quo kinda person.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jul 13, 2018 – EVP

Thank you! As a leadership team we are constantly looking for ways help our team mates be the best version of themselves professionally! We want you to succeed! Thank you so much for your... More

4. "Help doctors find jobs and get paid as much as doctor!"

Current Employee - Locum Tenens Recruiter
    Current Employee - Locum Tenens Recruiter

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are actual locum tenens recruiters currently earning the income that I am here for, which is very motivating. I have placed several doctors already and can see more on the way. The new business development team is bringing in jobs to fill, opportunities to help doctors are coming in faster and in greater volume which means more opportunity for a higher income! Training is constant which is necessary. This is a real sales job where improving skills improve results. This is a great career move at the top of the recruiting industry.

Cons

Learning curve can be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep up the accountability, the team thrives on it!

Apr 27, 2018 – EVP

Locum Tenens is growing! We are happy to have you on the team. Continue to ride this wave of growth we are experiencing - your potential is limitless!

5. "Locum Tenens Recruiting - So Much GROWTH!"

Current Employee - Locum Tenens Physician Recruiter
    Current Employee - Locum Tenens Physician Recruiter

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Pacific Companies since August of 2017 and switching careers into locum tenens recruiting was one of the best decisions I have made for myself. My division is constantly growing and offers a wide variety of job searches for our team! New hires get extensive training on the healthcare industry and management does a GREAT job at on-going training sessions to ensure that we are always learning and improving. My team is reliable, and I feel that I can work independently while also having a support system if I ever need help. They do no micro-manage and have encouraged my success since the beginning of my career. It was a great feeling to wake up everyday WANTING to go into work and be around such a great team. Thank you Pacific Companies!

Cons

I do not have any cons to give. Great team, great company, great values.

Apr 27, 2018 – EVP

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are dedicated to the success of all our recruiters. Thank you for all that you do and we are happy to have you as part of the Pacific Companies family!!

6. "Phenomenal Place for Focused and Deicated People"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere with no micro-management. There are some great leaders here who know how to mentor. The career diversity is pretty great too. You get to work with all types of people who have had different careers and it creates an environment that fosters innovation and new ideas. CEO is in the loop and leadership goes out of their way to recognize hard work and good results. Most everyone is driven so it helps keep you focused and pumped up to succeed. That being said, the team mentality here is really strong and you always feel you have your colleagues' support. I have a great opportunity here and anyone who works hard, is committed to our core values, and believes in our mission will see financial and professional success. They recognize dedication and good talent when they see it, so there are also opportunities to fast track your career path which is awesome.

Cons

Can't really think of any. No extra or added resource benefits like cell phone allowance, gym membership or laptop for work, but I think they go out of their way to help you when you've proven yourself. They are always fair or at least try to meet you half way. That's the best part about working with a smaller company!

Advice to Management

More integration of marketing and recruiting departments would serve both departments well I think. Would like to see PC get involved in the community too. I think it would add value to our image and be a great opportunity for us to work together as a team.

Aug 30, 2017 – EVP

Thank you so much for your kind words about our company. We strive to make this an amazing place to work which helps cultivate the team atmosphere we have at Pacific Companies. We are very happy to... More

7. "Great Work Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Search Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Search Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training, Teamwork, Work Environment, Support

Cons

You get out what you put in

Advice to Management

Great management team

"A BREATH OF FRESH AIR! A wonderful place to work with phenomenal leadership and people!"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President of Marketing and Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in Healthcare for 15 years, and I must say THE REASON I chose to come to Pacific Companies was because of their amazing reputation in the Physician Recruitment Industry that is centered around 100% transparency, integrity, and doing whatever it takes for both their clients and employees. Both the CEO Gary Cook and the EVP Patrick Deeny have both done everything that they said they would for me as I came on board. The leadership team has also made great decisions on giving us all of the tools one needs to be successful. Not to mention a great new office with a full kitchen and a shuffleboard table! THIS IS AN AMAZING COMPANY!

Cons

Honestly, none. This position is what YOU make of it. Those who have posted negative feedback on this website previously about Pacific Companies must ask themselves the hard question which is " did I give this position everything I had "?

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, I ask that you please keep both our clients and people first as you do now. The leadership team puts our clients and the development and success of our teams first and that is why I am here and I will never leave. Keep being AWESOME!

9. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist
    Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist

I worked at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pacific Companies is a great place to grow your career and learn new skills. The staff is very supportive. They also provide good health benefits and paid time off.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report.

10. "Great place to start a career and develop over time."

Current Employee - Associate Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic culture here at Pacific companies. There is a young, but experienced crowd of people. Colleagues are very supportive of each other and strongly believe in working as one cohesive unit to achieve the company's goals.

There is a great mentorship program for new recruiters that allows them to dip their foot in the water and get accustomed to the flow of the industry before diving in headfirst.

Cons

Ramp up time can vary greatly from person to person, but the general consensus is that it takes a few months of hard work to establish that rolodex of of physicians to work with.
    A lot of time is spent on the phones and can be frustrating towards the beginning. However, with practice and extra hours, come great rewards.

The technology could be more reliable. Occasionally crashes. Also utilizing other methods of acquiring a list of candidates perhaps through LinkedIn would benefit out arsenal greatly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but update the technology a bit. Pacific Companies has a lot of potential to be even more successful but needs to utilize all the resources out there to do so.

Mar 24, 2017 – EVP

Thanks you so much for your review on our company. We really strive to create a team-centered environment here at Pacific Companies, which is why we are so diligent with our hiring process. We are... More