Pacific Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Pacific Companies President and CEO Gary Cook
Gary Cook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Phenomenal Place for Focused and Deicated People"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere with no micro-management. There are some great leaders here who know how to mentor. The career diversity is pretty great too. You get to work with all types of people who have had different careers and it creates an environment that fosters innovation and new ideas. CEO is in the loop and leadership goes out of their way to recognize hard work and good results. Most everyone is driven so it helps keep you focused and pumped up to succeed. That being said, the team mentality here is really strong and you always feel you have your colleagues' support. I have a great opportunity here and anyone who works hard, is committed to our core values, and believes in our mission will see financial and professional success. They recognize dedication and good talent when they see it, so there are also opportunities to fast track your career path which is awesome.

Cons

Can't really think of any. No extra or added resource benefits like cell phone allowance, gym membership or laptop for work, but I think they go out of their way to help you when you've proven yourself. They are always fair or at least try to meet you half way. That's the best part about working with a smaller company!

Advice to Management

More integration of marketing and recruiting departments would serve both departments well I think. Would like to see PC get involved in the community too. I think it would add value to our image and be a great opportunity for us to work together as a team.

Aug 30, 2017 – EVP

Thank you so much for your kind words about our company. We strive to make this an amazing place to work which helps cultivate the team atmosphere we have at Pacific Companies. We are very happy to... More

2. "Motivated team with upward growth potential"

Current Employee - Associate Recruier
    Current Employee - Associate Recruier

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, very motivating and encouraging leadership
    Have real opportunities for growth that are very clear and laid out
    Management reinvests in the business to provide better opportunities for everyone
    You have freedom & flexibility

Cons

Really are none, I highly recommend Pacific Companies

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

3. "Great Work Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Search Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Search Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training, Teamwork, Work Environment, Support

Cons

You get out what you put in

Advice to Management

Great management team

"A BREATH OF FRESH AIR! A wonderful place to work with phenomenal leadership and people!"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President of Marketing and Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in Healthcare for 15 years, and I must say THE REASON I chose to come to Pacific Companies was because of their amazing reputation in the Physician Recruitment Industry that is centered around 100% transparency, integrity, and doing whatever it takes for both their clients and employees. Both the CEO Gary Cook and the EVP Patrick Deeny have both done everything that they said they would for me as I came on board. The leadership team has also made great decisions on giving us all of the tools one needs to be successful. Not to mention a great new office with a full kitchen and a shuffleboard table! THIS IS AN AMAZING COMPANY!

Cons

Honestly, none. This position is what YOU make of it. Those who have posted negative feedback on this website previously about Pacific Companies must ask themselves the hard question which is " did I give this position everything I had "?

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, I ask that you please keep both our clients and people first as you do now. The leadership team puts our clients and the development and success of our teams first and that is why I am here and I will never leave. Keep being AWESOME!

5. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist
    Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist

I worked at Pacific Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pacific Companies is a great place to grow your career and learn new skills. The staff is very supportive. They also provide good health benefits and paid time off.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report.

6. "Great place to start a career and develop over time."

Current Employee - Associate Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Physician Recruiter in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic culture here at Pacific companies. There is a young, but experienced crowd of people. Colleagues are very supportive of each other and strongly believe in working as one cohesive unit to achieve the company's goals.

There is a great mentorship program for new recruiters that allows them to dip their foot in the water and get accustomed to the flow of the industry before diving in headfirst.

Cons

Ramp up time can vary greatly from person to person, but the general consensus is that it takes a few months of hard work to establish that rolodex of of physicians to work with.
    A lot of time is spent on the phones and can be frustrating towards the beginning. However, with practice and extra hours, come great rewards.

The technology could be more reliable. Occasionally crashes. Also utilizing other methods of acquiring a list of candidates perhaps through LinkedIn would benefit out arsenal greatly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but update the technology a bit. Pacific Companies has a lot of potential to be even more successful but needs to utilize all the resources out there to do so.

Mar 24, 2017 – EVP

Thanks you so much for your review on our company. We really strive to create a team-centered environment here at Pacific Companies, which is why we are so diligent with our hiring process. We are... More

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ladera Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ladera Ranch, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The synergy here is fantastic! Everyone works as a team, and plays like a team, you are only as good as your weakest link, so management wants everyone to be successful. The training program by far overshadows my pervious jobs in the past, it is ongoing. Be prepared for Healthcare 101. Quizzes, etc.
    There was a 5 step process before hire. Be prepared to speak with Recruiter, EVP and CEO. Bring your "A" game. It's worth it. Potential to be successful here is limitless.

Cons

You will be on the phone consistently, If you are afraid of cold calling, this is NOT the job for you. Other than that, no cons.

Feb 16, 2017 – EVP

Thank you for your review! We have worked hard to create a team based environment here at Pacific Companies and as you know team work is part of our core values. We strive to hire the right people... More

8. "Entry-level"

I worked at Pacific Companies full-time

Pros

Nice training (trainer is the best thing about this place) and location.

Cons

Management pretty much writes all glass door reviews, be prepared to see about 5 more reviews after this saying how fantastic this company is. Salary is low-balled and commission is very hard to attain until year 2 and beyond if lucky enough. Upper
    management is known for taking a backseat approach to their employees and will become involved once commissions are being questioned. It's not uncommon to be told that you'll make 100K within your first year, however be surprised when you don't receive any commission due to a high draw, 20% commission AFTER being split with the house and your marketer, and most of this is going to the owners to pay for their timeshares. Be prepared to work 10 hour days and feel like this isn't enough for the company, initially there was a requirement for 10 hour days twice weekly without being paid overtime= unlawful. Most entry level employees spend about 2-3 years here before discovering there is no income potential and leave. The employees only get paid commission AFTER their client pays, it is not uncommon to not receive a commission until 3-4 months after something is invoiced, so patience to get paid is definitely required here. There have been numerous situations in this company where commissions are stolen by more senior recruiters after you've done most of the work, be weary. If you're looking to constantly stress about being fired and constantly stress about money, this job is for you!

Advice to Management

Understanding your employees is crucial, spend less time micromanaging and more time understanding your employees challenges and you'll experience less turnover. Invest in new ways to procure besides direct mail advertisements. In an age where everything is via internet, this is insensible.

Mar 6, 2017 – EVP

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate feedback as it makes our organization stronger as a whole and we fully embrace transparency. I am very sorry you had a negative experience while... More

9. "Transparency is the key and they genuinely care about their employees"

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are the most transparent company I have ever worked for. Gary Cook, our founder/CEO is always approachable and willing to lend his ear. I can say that they are committed to my success and genuinely care about me, which in turn motivates me to produce. I love how they've identified their core values. We even have them painted on the wall in the kitchen.

Cons

If I could think of a downside, I would share it. I've been in this business going on 5 years, and been with some larger recruiting firms, Pacific Companies does it right. It's a very exciting time to be a part of this amazing, growing company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Jan 30, 2017 – EVP

Thank you for your kind words about our company. At Pacific Companies, we strive to create a family atmosphere where everyone feels like they are part of a special team. We live and breath our core... More

10. "Associate recruiter"

I have been working at Pacific Companies full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Screening process really aids in finding personalities that mesh well. Truly transparent and Open door policy; meaning anyone and everyone is there offering help, both personally and professionally. Interesting and technical role; so be prepared to spend every day learning something new.

Cons

A lot of time spent on the phone. Ups and downs which comes with any "sales" type position.

Advice to Management

Do not ever change. Make sure to keep the same environment as time goes on.

Jan 30, 2017 – EVP

Thank you so much! The people are what make our company great! We have revamped our interview process recently and really take the time to find the right people for our organization. We are happy to... More