PageFreezer Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

PageFreezer Software Reviews

Updated 17 Jul 2019

4.9
PageFreezer Software CEO Michael Riedijk (no image)
Michael Riedijk

"Great place, great culture."

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time

Pros

I enjoy a lot working for Pagefreezer and the company has excelled in avoiding corporate bureaucracy (and the attitude that tends to stem from that). All teams seems to be clearly in tune and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Management is always listening and the company has a flat-hierarchy culture for the most part. The product offers several challenges of its own and if you feel bored, it's up to you to... come up with something smart and/or exciting and spearhead its implementation. I'm actually impressed that the company keeps growing in number of employees yet it still manages to feel like a cozy place to be. Last but not least, this pervasive (and perverse) culture of working long hours all the time has no place in here.

Cons

Whatever there were of cons, management listened and improved it. Nothing is perfect, of course, but this iteration of listening-and-improving means you might quickly find yourself with nothing else to say.

PageFreezer Software2019-07-17

"Relaxing yet challenging"

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Micromanagement is non-existent outside weekly sprint meetings - Freedom to design, contribute, and implement on challenging projects - Friendly coworkers with a wide variety of backgrounds - Cool and hip brick aesthetic with a great view of the harbour - Snack and coffee bar stocked regularly

Cons

- It could get loud at times given the open working space and older architecture

PageFreezer Software2019-03-10

"Fun, Focused, Fast-paced...and going places."

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Perfect mix of collaboration and autonomy. - Lean, focused and pragmatic in approach to making decisions and doing business. - Company and product are in a position to do very, very well in an exploding industry. - People get along well despite a range of personalities. - Everyone knows their role, how they contribute and are constantly improving. - No egos or bureaucracy, coming to work feels good!

Cons

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Can't really think of any. Sometimes the neighbouring offices are loud?

PageFreezer Software2019-03-08
  4. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fantastic company and team. The company is founded on its core values which, unlike most companies out there, are actually visible on a day to day basis. The product/solution is also highly innovative and leading in the market. Micromanagement is non-existent which is a credit to management. Everyone's voice is heard and opinions taken into account and this has really contributed to the company's success.... On a personal level, I have greatly progressed my career in the time that I have been working here, and the opportunities here for personal growth are great. I am constantly learning and getting better at my role. The team itself is also very diverse and works hard for each other. I have met many close friends through working here and the benefits, team events etc. are second to none. Also the work life balance is fantastic and allows for flexibility. There is no culture of 12 hour days like you see elsewhere. In fact, if your workload meant you had to do this, then your workload would be looked at so this doesn't happen.

Cons

There are many 'challenges' associated with working for a rapidly growing company. However, I would not class these challenges as 'cons'.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

PageFreezer Software2019-03-08

"Flexible & Comfortable Working Environment"

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at PageFreezer for few years now and I can definitely say that PageFreezer motivates me to do my best and I feel supported 100% by my management team (CEO). PageFreezer provides flexible & comfortable working environment with all the best equipment you need to bring out your expertise.

Cons

It's sometimes challenging because we have people working in different continents of the world, you need to have a good communication skills and patience.

PageFreezer Software2017-08-03

"Trustworthy environment where no one is breathing down your neck."

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time

Pros

I've changed jobs one a year for every year until starting at PageFreezer where I have't had a single issue or reason to leave at all. I feel that it is a place where people are well taken care of and where individual needs are met and considered. Compensation and benefits are generous, lunch is ordered in once a week, and you get a nice education fund to spend on yourself when you decide how and where you want your... role to grow. The work environment is very flat and laid back and I find everyone here to be quite real - (no one is over the top/fake) which makes a huge difference. It's so nice not to have anyone breathing down your neck with the sense of trust the company has; you will never get micro-managed and that really gives you confidence and makes you perform at your best. The work load is busy but always manageable as management has respect for your work/life balance. Not a bad thing to say.

Cons

No major cons I can think of at all. The office can sometimes appear too quiet/unsocial to a newcomer which can be a bit daunting until you get to know everyone.

PageFreezer Software2017-08-01

"Fast paced environment - you can make the difference!"

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Using latest technology and continuously exploring ways to improve and experiment products. Your skills are recognized and put at the service of the company, listening also to your desires of how you want to grow professionally. Management is willing to test your skills and decide with you what is the best fit for you in the company, giving you the space to grow with it! The office is fantastic and you can talk to... the CEO or your manager at anytime.

Cons

Sometimes you might feel a bit overwhelmed or lost with the amount of work, but that's what keeps you striving for excellence and optimizing the way you work every day, right?

Advice to Management

Be more in connection with all the different people in the organization, checking their progress and the difficulties they are experiencing. I think the newly implemented review system will help in improving this relationship.

PageFreezer Software2017-07-31

"Hands On, Dynamic, Fun and Fast Paced Environment"

Current Employee - Part Time Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at PageFreezer Software part-time for more than a year

Pros

PageFreezer is a workplace where your ideas are accepted freely as well as a place where you can grow and learn as much as you want. CEO has a very hands on operating style. He frequently spends time in listening to his employees for feedback. This is a very agile workplace where we are nimble and efficient. You would feel a sense of urgency all around you. Your work matters in an exponentially growing... environment. Have been here for half a year and absolutely love it !!

Cons

As we are a small team, we are all striving and working rigorously in our role that we sometimes forget to socialize or communicate with other team members. Having said that, initiatives have been taking place where we would be able to shadow each other's work as well as having more different topics for our weekly lunch event.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a fantastic job in allowing employees to fresh our their ideas freely. Continue to give them flexibility where great performances are generated.

PageFreezer Software2017-08-03
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer

I have been working at PageFreezer Software for less than a year

Pros

Non stressful environment Team members are great and willing to help Good salaries Learning budget to help you to improve your knowledge

Cons

Lack of feedback, there was almost no formal feedback, but the HR team seems to be working on it.

PageFreezer Software2017-07-31
  10. "Great place to launch a sales career and grow together with the company!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at PageFreezer Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is my 4th day here at the company but I feel I have learned more about sales and business than all my previous professional experience. I started doing product demos to real clients on my 3rd day. The pace is extremely fast and learning curve is very steep. We all work like a team and there is very little hierarchy. As a junior staff, I am equipped with the best tools to do my job (e.g. a brand new MacBook... Air). If you are young, ambitious and want to make a difference, this is the place to start. The industry and the company are growing rapidly.

Cons

If you prefer a typical 9-5 office job, this may not be the best place for you. As the company grows rapidly, the sales management team works around the clock and you will be expected to do some work outside the normal office hours.

PageFreezer Software2014-06-26