Paper Converting Machine Reviews | Glassdoor

Paper Converting Machine Reviews

Found 8 reviews

2.7
Tim Sullivan

"Great company vision, lacks career opportunities."

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Paper Converting Machine full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

* Strong growth year after year * Parent company Barry-Wehmiller is always acquiring more companies * CEO Robert H. Chapman is very inspirational and truly visionary * Good job security

Cons

* Many long timers that have been with company 10+ years that feel they are more important than anyone newer. * Pay in IT is lower and raises across the board are very small * Benefits are not that good

Advice to Management

* Create clear structures for advancement. Good people are always eager to learn more and will stay on longer when presented with a growth plan. * Promote from within

Paper Converting Machine2013-05-30
  2. "Lacks focus and dead end in I.T. Dept. Woefully understaffed in I.T. Underpay I.T staff"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst/Help Desk in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Paper Converting Machine full-time for more than a year

Pros

100 year company, stability. Build great machines.

Cons

Bad health insurance and benefits, I.T staff underpaid and understaffed. Young I.T managers struggle and fight with each other openly. Lack of direction and focus.

Advice to Management

Restructure your I.T dept. Structure a proper tier 1 call center , 2 and 3 level of support. Bring in veteran support staff who knows how to run I.T support properly. Young I.T managers seem to fight and argue with each other openly.

Paper Converting Machine2019-04-24
  3. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Mechanical Designer in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Paper Converting Machine full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

PCMC has great people, they are flexible and I truly believe are trying to follow the guiding principles of leadership. Leadership is good and courteous. Not a bad place to work at all.

Cons

Insurance is owned by parent company but administered by a third party. Can really put families in difficult financial situations even with it. It's better then nothing. I feel with the size of Barry Wehmiller (parent company) they could offer a better package. Other then that, it is in line with most other organizations.

Advice to Management

Fight for better benefits for your team members and yourself.

Paper Converting Machine2017-08-10

"Stay away"

I worked at Paper Converting Machine

Pros

Good people and a good place to learn the ropes and then move on.

Cons

very poor leadership- High schoolers who didn't move on. Very petty and out for themselves. The Ceo is a good guy but he is never there and the inmates run the place.

Paper Converting Machine2016-09-23

"Smoke and Mirrors"

I worked at Paper Converting Machine

Pros

Great people who like to believe they're not lost.

Cons

The returns to shareholders is deceiving, and pointless for an employee that isn't motivated by that. You can't polish a turd, no matter how much chrome plating. Many deep, unresolved issues regarding productivity and the ineptitude of management, now just sugar-coated with an employee-involvement mantra. I would never invest my money or, or time, with this company. I think the Bob's heart is in the right place, he's...

Advice to Management

Expect, and demand, excellence, not yes-men that lie to you.

Paper Converting Machine2015-09-30

"Not a bad place to work."

Current Employee - Material Handler in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Paper Converting Machine

Pros

two weeks paid vacation plus three sick days to start. They try to be flexible when you want time off, or need to adjust your work schedule.

Cons

They in courage safety and work production. But, if it going to cost money then, they don't want to do it.

Advice to Management

You have to spend money to make money. Not just keep raising the price on your products and services.

Paper Converting Machine2015-02-21

"I worked as a Electrical Road Service Tech."

Former Employee - Electrical Road Service in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Paper Converting Machine full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

As a Road Service Tech. for PCMC, I traveled worldwide installing & repairing PCMC machinery. It was a great way to visit different countries worldwide, & get paid for doing it! They have a relaxing work inv. with good pay & benefits.

Cons

The supervisors should have more training. Certain key management positions need to be looked into more closely. Good employees have been driven from the company for reasons..."not related to company issues." (Strictly personal.)

Advice to Management

Sweep out the offices...there's a lot of garbage in them!

Paper Converting Machine2014-05-17
  8. "Should definitely be considered as one of the top companies in Green Bay, WI to work for"

I worked at Paper Converting Machine

Pros

Employee oriented culture, opportunity to learn, offers leadership training, good chance for advancement, values family, good atmosphere, competent management, positive moral

Cons

The main con to the company is the limited market. The company offers equipment which would be considered large capital expenditure for investors. The customer base is limited with most sales going to the three major tissue companies. The company is very vunerable to market downturns and any scale backs from customer orders can effect company negatively.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Paper Converting Machine2009-12-27