Paper Source Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Winnie Park

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Part-time CSA has very low pay (minimum wage)" (in 18 reviews)

• "The Custom Print department needs a lot of work" (in 17 reviews)

1. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Paper Source part-time

Pros

The staff was very Friendly

Cons

I loved working here and do not have any cons.

2. "Keyholder-Seasonal"

Pros

exciting environment, cool products, learned a lot

Cons

not a lot of room for growth, corporate is not flexible

"Very nice work environment, low pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Paper Source part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice place to work; chill, coworkers and customers are nice. Work is not too demanding. Positive atmosphere, pretty environment and products.

Cons

Part-time CSA has very low pay (minimum wage).

4. "It’s great"

I worked at Paper Source part-time

Pros

The employees are so welcoming
    A fun environment
    Hard to quit

Cons

Rude customers
    Not consistent with hours
    Holiday season gets pretty intense

5. "Great Place"

I have been working at Paper Source full-time

Pros

Lovely product, rewarding to work with customers on special projects, crafting outlet

Cons

Retail is tricky right now

Sep 20, 2018 – Paper Source

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It is great to get employee feedback on what is working and how we can continue to improve our culture and processes as we grow as an organization.

"Yikes"

I have been working at Paper Source full-time

Pros

Most fellow employees feel and share your pain.

Cons

I wish I would have read some of the reviews before I applied. Everyone’s miserable from the lack of organization, low wages, poor training program & inability to get it together. High turnover. Many members of the upper management team have jumped ship in recent months. Their replacements are subpar or nonexistent. It’s very sad because I used to be a loyal customer but it no longer feels ethical to recommend or promote this company.

Advice to Management

Stop sugar-coating the company’s situation. The only thing you’ve all been creative with is making excuses & lies. Please do not comment “we appreciate your feedback.” You’re all very good at creating and repeating scripts for image but after a while, those repeated responses show how truly clueless you all are. It’s very sad.

"Hoping for change"

Current Employee - Management in Newport Coast, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Newport Coast, CA

I have been working at Paper Source full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly creative environment, flexible scheduling, no late hours.

Cons

Because it’s a small company, not even 200 stores, the basic day to day operations are outdated. Stores have no WiFi and very bad internet connections. We advertise Apple Pay on the pin pads but it doesn’t work.
    Custom print is handwritten and tedious. Placing an order is easily and hour or more process.
    More work is added to our days but labor hours are cut. We used to get hours to do floorsets but now no hours are given. Floorset directives are comical. I don’t think they take into consideration the strollers and backpacks that customers use when they set these fixtures. Just walking by a fixture and the merchandise falls to the floor the way they have it set. Plus half the items aren’t even in the store when the floorset is done.
    Salaries are on the lower end of other retail establishments. Minimum wage keeps going up but full time management salaries have not been adjusted. In fact last year there was a freeze on raises, but min wage went up twice.
    It takes a very long time to get things fixed such as lighting, heat and air conditioning. Stores can wait weeks to get approval to have work done. Ridiculous that having no heat is not a priority.
    Email registry is not realistic. No benefits, no rewards club. No reason why the customer would want our emails everyday, sometimes 2 times a day.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration the input of those actually working in the stores everyday.
    An employee survey yearly might give corporate the feedback it needs to hear.
    I truly hope things get better and less frustrating because the people working in the stores make the environment fun and rewarding. Without that, it’s just another retail job.

Sep 5, 2018 – Paper Source

Thank you so much for your feedback as it helps us improve our processes and culture as we continue to grow.

8. "Customer Service assistant"

Pros

Great and flexible hours. Management that truly wants you to succeed. You learn to love crafting and truly believe that everyone can learn to craft, and a great store discount

Cons

Not much upward mobility.

Jul 25, 2018 – Paper Source

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

"Flexibility is required"

Pros

Nice people, nice retail space, nice regular inventory as well as seasonal gifts/cards

Cons

No set work schedule from week to week, including management and supervisors. Makes it nearly impossible to plan your life around your work hours. For example, when the schedule gets emailed on Tuesday evening, you find out you’re scheduled for closing on Saturday and if you have plans, it’s up to you to send a group email to the “team” to find someone who can take your shift or trade shifts with you. Good luck with that! Oh, and for the sales associates, your schedule is only part time, 4 hour shifts, average 8-12 hours a week, enough to ruin your day. Like I said, you need to be flexible and willing to work weekends and evenings for what they think you are handsomely paid.

Advice to Management

Why must you screw around with a new/different schedule each week? Do we not have lives outside of Paper Source? Yes, anyone can work a 4 hour shift, but don’t you realize that working 4 hours in the middle of the day screws up that day for us? Turnover is high, haven’t you gotten the message?

Jul 25, 2018 – Paper Source

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It is great to hear what is working and not working so that we may continue to improve our culture and processes as we grow as an organization. We will... More

"Key Holder"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Paper Source part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really fun place to work

Cons

Difficult to move into upper management

Advice to Management

Promote from within!! You have several loyal employees who love Paper Source and want to progress in their careers. Don't discount your retail employees, I would have loved to stay but I could not move up so I had to find work elsewhere.

Jul 25, 2018 – Paper Source

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We will take your comments and share them with the team.