Paper Source Reviews
44% would recommend to a friend
(631 total reviews)
44% approve of CEO
Found 631 of over 659 reviews
Updated Nov 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great coworkers and the vibe & atmosphere of the store is awesome" (in 41 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and is flexible with scheduling" (in 39 reviews)
- "Great and flexible hours." (in 16 reviews)
- "casual work environment, pretty store, creative place to work, good if you are looking for temporary part time work in college" (in 13 reviews)
- "The team here is great and you get to craft and get paid for it." (in 13 reviews)
- "Low pay and the turnover on employees is high." (in 50 reviews)
- "Poor management; they over" (in 31 reviews)
- "My first manager wanted me to become a key holder, but my school schedule did not allow it." (in 30 reviews)
- "Managers are overworked and underpaid; upper management has us running around like chickens with our heads cut off: sales/promotions changing all of the time, poor communication, and a ridiculous expectation of having us make sale signs every other day." (in 18 reviews)
- "Also there are no benefits which is" (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Paper Source and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 5, 2023Customer Service AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDedham, MA
Everyone who works there is so kind! The Manager Brittney is phenomenal at her job and makes working at the Paper Source very enjoyable.
Sometimes there's a lot of down time which can get boring after a while
- 3.0Nov 13, 2023CSA - Customer Service AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I love my coworkers. It's genuinely a place where we feel like a family. I also love the discount that we get at PS and Barnes and Noble. This actually holds a lot of weight for me because we spend most of our time with our coworkers.
I genuinely feel completely unsupported and ignored when it comes to upper-level management. The have whatever managers we have working between multiple stores, so we have no one to reach out to. Emails go unanswered for days. No communication with us to let us know what's happening. No communication when we say something is wrong with the store. Left out to dry when it comes to safety concerns. Keeping us just under full time so we don't qualify for benefits.1
- 3.0Nov 23, 2023Sales LeadCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBloomington, MN
Good quality paper goods, mostly happy working environment, 40% off books at Barnes and Noble (PS is a subsidiary of Barnes and Noble)
Petulant management that will make unnecessary and inappropriate comments, will discriminate against you and not schedule you enough hours in hopes that you just quit on your own accord
- 3.0Jul 17, 2023Brand AbassadorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPlano, TX
Stores are generally quiet, clean, and comfortable. Small opportunities for creative projects for and at work. Dress code is flexible, reasonable, and comfortable.
Workplace culture is weak, could use work in encouraging teamwork and collaboration. Most employees are creatives and will naturally fall into solo creative work, and are averse to working together or receiving help on these small projects. No standard training or orientation. Problems that are more complicated than finding more inventory at a nearby store or fixing displays can take a long time to actually get solved. High turnover. Always in need of keyholders, but hesitant to teach those who are most willing and available.2
- 4.0Nov 7, 2023Customer Service AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPrinceton, NJ
Nice Manager and reasonable schedules
Understaffed, unpleasant customers, small store
- 4.0Oct 24, 2023Key HolderFormer EmployeeMidtown New York
Great balance to working in a positive and creative environment and also learning the basics on how a business is ran in a brick and mortar setting.
The shifts but that's with any job you take on in the retail industry these days.
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Fun positive environment, great place to engage with others and think outside the box. New growth happening with Barnes and Noble and membership launch
Be flexible, and it is a small environment
- 4.0Oct 25, 2023Sales LeadFormer Employee, less than 1 yearRochester Hills, MI
Fun environment Got a discount at Barnes and Noble
Not great pay, we made $11-12 an hour Judged based on sales each hour even if no one came into the store
- 1.0Oct 27, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
You get to do some fun creative projects, and the employee discount is very nice.
The company is very disorganized, there have been issues with people being underpaid, the corporate office seems very out of touch with the day to day operations of the stores and doesn't support employees at all.
Paper Source Reviews FAQs
Paper Source has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 659 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at Paper Source to a friend and 29% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
44% of Paper Source employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paper Source 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.