KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Paper Source Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2022

Found 540 of over 563 reviews

3.4
Paper Source CEO Winnie Park (no image)
Winnie Park

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great coworkers and the vibe & atmosphere of the store is awesome(in 33 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and is flexible with scheduling(in 29 reviews)
  • "The team here is great and you get to craft and get paid for it.(in 13 reviews)
  • "casual work environment, pretty store, creative place to work, good if you are looking for temporary part time work in college(in 12 reviews)
  • "Great and flexible hours.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Paper Source and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Postive and fun place to work

Jun 20, 2022 - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, friendly management

Cons

Not given a lot of hours

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Typesetter

Jul 26, 2022 - Production Designer in Forest Park, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Schedule is very flexible (when you run out of pto's, you can still take some time off as long as you put in your 2 week notice) - Very routine and basic if that's what you like, not a difficult job in any sense - Overall, my co-workers were fine (there were some who's personalities won't click with yours, but I feel like that's the case with every workplace)

Cons

- No room to improve (I feel like everything is pretty standard with no progress) - Doing the same thing over and over again can get tedious and boring - We worked in a warehouse which wasn't great at all (it was pretty much cold throughout, pretty dirty, break/lunch room smelled, and no windows) - It's very hard to get a raise, even if you're there for sometime - It's pretty depressing when you step in the building - Washroom was a mess, yikes!!!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pretend they are a small business while treating you terribly

Jul 19, 2022 - Shift Leader/Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with a lot of fun people there.

Cons

Paper Source expects WAY too much of their employees for the pay that they give. We had to run literal art camps for kids as young as 5 (without parents) at our normal hourly pay. No kid training, no safety training - all while expecting us to create ridiculous amounts of activity samples and setup. This was thrown at us very close to launching it, and no extra compensation given for the huge amount of extra work. That's just one example of many of what they expect from employees. You can also tell no one in management has ever worked retail, or put into practice what they ask of stores. And for folks working there at the beginning of the pandemic, they left everyone 100% in the dark for over 6 months, and instructed managers not to talk to anyone on the team, even as they learned information.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Easy beginner job

Aug 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Store management was great. As a sales associate, you restock, assist customers and help with anything needed to do. There isn't anything complicated you have to do.

Cons

minimum wage and only a few hours given, so not too ideal.

5. 2.0

Don’t waste your time

Jul 16, 2022 - Keyholder in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are great Nice product Some crafting which can be fun during slow parts of the day

Cons

Zero flexibility as a keyholder. No work life balance. Customers are verbally aggressive for things out of our control. Corporate does nothing to fix issues in the store such as the lack of space for the excessive amount of product they ship to the store. There is no incentive for working at this company. The pay is way too low for all of the tasks that we are expected to do. No commission for gift wrapping or happy returns even though they’re separate services the company makes us provide.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0

Bad company, Good Job

Jul 7, 2022 - Keyholder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee discounts, creative job, gift wrap skills taught, fun selection of products

Cons

Short staffed, low pay, takes advantage of most of their employees without fairly compensating them

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It’s fun & quirky but that’s it.

Jun 18, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Learning all about crafting, stationary and anything else in the world paper DIY. - You get a great 40% discount around the Holidays which means buying gifts and wrapping is totally worth the outrages prices people normally pay! - There is opportunity to learn a skill (such as calligraphy) and then teach it! I always enjoyed the summer kids crafting classes like sticker making. - You can also learn all about the world of Wedding Invitations and become a sales/design consultant (which I also greatly enjoyed)!

Cons

- They will pay you the least possible amount they can. In Missouri the minimum way was $11.15 in 2020, so they paid me exactly that. - Retail hours - You are given daily $$ goals to meet that are based on averages from the year before, but as employees we have no incentives to meet them other than getting a congratulations email.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

No room to grow

Jul 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of creative people, flexible hours, ideas are welcome even if they're not possible to implement.

Cons

Unfortunately, Paper Source doesn't have a lot of room for growth within the company. Pay is low, and leadership doesn't pay much attention to the hundreds of employees who are not in the HQ office. I haven't seen or heard from my boss in over 2 years.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Underpaid, Under-scheduled

Aug 3, 2022 - Sales Lead in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Creative environment, fun products, customers enjoy the store and are generally friendly

Cons

Underpaid for a leadership position, keep as many people as possible under full-time hours, scheduling is a nightmare, under-staffed and lots of call-outs

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun Products, Great Team, Ok Pay

Jul 9, 2022 - Key Holder in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, amazing products to sell

Cons

Low-ish pay (as of 2020, could be changed by now!), time-wasting tasks such as accepting returns for other companies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 540 Reviews

Paper Source Reviews FAQs

Paper Source has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 563 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Paper Source to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Paper Source employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Paper Source. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

55% of Paper Source employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paper Source 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Paper Source to be culture, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, career development.

Popular Careers with Paper Source Job Seekers