Paper Source Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paper Source Interview Questions

Interviews at Paper Source

2.4

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

Interviewed with several people including a Corporate Recruiter, Store Manager, and Regional Manager. My interviews moved swiftly, and all managers seemed to be in good communication with each other. I was offered a position 4 days after applying. I found the entire process to be pleasant and more conversational rather than question and answer. I felt comfortable speaking with each interviewer, and was impressed by the high regard each had for her company.

Interview Questions

• What level of interest do you have in crafting? Can you provide examples?   Answer Question

Oct 19, 2015 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for the time to send us your feedback and we hope you are enjoying your new role.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

1. My interview date changed 3 times before it was finally confirmed. I've met colleagues who were called and told to be at a given location for an interview with only one hour's notice. There are only a handful of people in Chicago responsible for scheduling interviews for stores nationwide - they are often stretched too thin to be efficient/competent.
    2. Interviews are not particularly high-pressure. Mostly, they are looking for someone who speaks extensively about the importance of meeting sales goals and customer engagement.
    3. Don't worry if you don't have a creative background; it's retail sales experience that matters most.

Interview Questions

• Bring a creative sample to your interview to share and discuss!   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is almost no room for salary negotiation. If you are dismayed by the hourly rate you are offered, know that that may be the end of the road for you - I have never witnessed anyone successfully negotiate for more money, regardless of the skills or enthusiasm they bring to the table. PS sticks to their hiring budget, and have lost many talented candidates in the process.

Interview

it took three interviews to get the job. but it makes sense.there's a lot to learn and they're going to have to invest their time in teaching you.so I want to make sure that you have a passion for the product and you are willing to invest yourself.

Interview Questions

• Paper Source wants to know about who you are and why you'd want to work for them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation face is very upfront. and it worked out well.

Nov 3, 2014 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for the feedback. We take great pride in who we place in our stores and take our interviewing and hiring very seriously. Welcome to Paper Source!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Store Manager position. I have years of retail experience, including shift leader and key holder at a small independent stationery boutique. They suggested instead that I apply for a Part Time Sales Associate position. I did and the interview with two managers was casual and pleasant. They could only offer me $8/hr, so I did not take the position.

Interview Questions

• I'm unable to remember any difficult questions, just general customer service and experience questions.   1 Answer

Hourly rate was below my requirement.

Sep 16, 2014 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Paper Source prides itself on ensuring a right fit for success at both the candidate, company and customer level. Our stores are complex with a strong balance of leadership, crafting and customer... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source in January 2017.

Interview

The process as a whole was smoothe. Each individual I interviewed with was kind, willing to answer any and every question, informative, and extremely passionate about their jobs and the company itself. Because it was obvious that everyone loved their job, the interview process was enjoyable and gave insight to the kind of culture and environment Paper Source creates for both of their employees and clients.

Interview Questions

Paper Source Response

Feb 2, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and welcome! We are thrilled you have joined the Paper Source team.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

There was an extensive phone interview. After that a 1:1 meeting was set up with Hiring Manager with a presentation of 3-5 examples of craft related work, typical questions and expected compensation question.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, usually questions about their core values, behaviorial management style, building sales and add ons, UPTs, budgets, ability to teach, and craft.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for an assistant manager position. I was contacted by telephone a few days later. Though the position I hoped for had been filled, I agreed to a preliminary interview for sales associate over the phone. There were a few qualifying questions regarding experience, then I was given an appointment for an in-person interview a few weeks hence.
    Each encounter had a very friendly, upbeat and casual feel. The company rep and the new store manager were easy to talk with..

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a recent project that you've completed of which you are most proud".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiation for retail sales positions.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source (Studio City, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Always submit application in person, be persistent. Applications submitted online are hardly seen by store managers because they go through review of corporate hiring officers and head hunters.

Once called for interview, dress the part. Not a suit and tie environment. Think Anthropologie/The Gap/Club Monaco. You want to seem like someone who knows the brand and is comfortable in that environment.

Crafting skills are not necessarily required, but are very much preferred. You may be asked to bring in some samples of your work.

You will be asked about how your experience can be utilized in a crafting store that also needs to meet its daily goals.

You will be asked what your intentions are for the future, where you see yourself in the company. They are highly invested in finding potential upper management, as the company keeps expanding.

Once you've had your first interview, you may be asked to be 'observed in the environment' meaning, they will put you at the demo cart to craft something and see how you acknowledge and respond to customers which is not considered training but seems like an audition for the part.

They will immediately check your background if interested in you.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel Paper Source embodies and how can you apply your unique talents to our individual store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wage is non-negotiable under Store Management position. They will call, propose an "offer" such as position, full time/part time/seasonal and pay. Not a negotiation phase just an offer to be accepted or declined.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paper Source (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called into the place where they hold after-hours classes and asked about my creative hobbies (which I was asked to bring something to show). I was also asked to explain why I wanted to work with the Paper Source and what my job duties were in the past. Pretty standard beyond the creative hobbies - which shows they are interested in what you do to keep creative outside of work/school

Interview Questions

• What type of creative hobbies do you have outside of work/school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations took place.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paper Source (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiters and field managers did a great job with communication and keeping me up to date on where I stood in the process. They really exemplified their passion for their people. They flew me out to their home office for my final interview. The whole process was very engaging and personal.

Interview Questions

• What is a current creative project you are working on at the moment?   Answer Question

Dec 5, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and we are so happy to have you and look forward to great things in Columbus, OH!