Paper Source Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paper Source Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.5

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

My first contact was with a recruiter to set up a phone screening. After about an hour discussing the company, my experiences, the role, and future plans the recruiter offered to set an interview with the Store Manager.

My first interview took place in the store with the Store Manager. The interview was casual, and relatively routine, other than being asked for a sampling of some creative projects, which I had been requested to bring.

A second interview was arranged within a week, this time with the Regional Manager, and took place at a downtown Chicago location. This interview was also relatively routine, but discussed more in-depth my personal experiences and the company's values and mission.

After the interview, I was notified that my references were to be contacted and when.

Interview Questions

• What methods am I familiar with for ascertaining associate competence? Am I comfortable with performing these?   Answer Question
    • How do you maintain balance between projects and responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience individually overseeing any departments and beyond held accountable for the results thereof?   Answer Question
    • You seem to be a real go-getter. Will you have a hard time being lead by another person? Also, will you be comfortable giving feedback to me (Store Manager) to hold us all accountable?   Answer Question

Feb 1, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the team.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied based on reference of a good friend and past coworker who was employed with Paper Source. I spoke with a recruiter on the phone and had a great initial screen. She passed me on to the store manager to continue the process with an in-person interview. The store manager emailed me less than 24hrs notice asking if I could meet on a Sunday. I couldn't. The store manager didn't follow up in a timely manner at all for another interview time. After waiting to hear back from her for over a week, I emailed her and eventually she got back to me and we found a time. No one thanked me for my patience, apologized for the wait and run around, or acknowledged my time. The interview was lackluster. The store manager again emailed me less than day before the interview asking me to bring another printed copy of my resume and an example of my creative work. When I arrived at the interview she asked for my application, which had already been submitted to the recruiter and hadn't been requested again. No one followed up with me after my interview, although I was told someone would. Very long, unorganized, disappointing interview process. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• How is your handwriting? Do you enjoy lettering?   1 Answer

Mar 6, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your feedback. This is not what our candidate experience should look or feel like and I apologize. I have asked our field leadership to share this ... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source in January 2017.

Interview

The process as a whole was smoothe. Each individual I interviewed with was kind, willing to answer any and every question, informative, and extremely passionate about their jobs and the company itself. Because it was obvious that everyone loved their job, the interview process was enjoyable and gave insight to the kind of culture and environment Paper Source creates for both of their employees and clients.

Interview Questions

Paper Source Response

Feb 2, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and welcome! We are thrilled you have joined the Paper Source team.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paper Source (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiters and field managers did a great job with communication and keeping me up to date on where I stood in the process. They really exemplified their passion for their people. They flew me out to their home office for my final interview. The whole process was very engaging and personal.

Interview Questions

• What is a current creative project you are working on at the moment?   Answer Question

Dec 5, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and we are so happy to have you and look forward to great things in Columbus, OH!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview with paper source was amazing. It was the most personal, genuine interview process I've ever experienced. The recruiter is so friendly and makes you feel so comfortable during the whole process.

Interview Questions

Paper Source Response

Dec 5, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you! We are so happy to read your experience and we do really take pride in our candidate experience and so glad you are now part of our team.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paper Source (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

They asked me general questions and asked me mostly about myself and what I'm passionate about. The manager could see that I was nervous but he often reassured me that the work enviornment is very calm and accepting.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Oct 20, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paper Source (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with store manager, then I came back to interview with the regional manager individually and with the store manager, when they were in town. Overall, an easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• "Here, sell this item to me."   1 Answer

Great to hear!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The lady who interviewed me only asked me about what my responsibilities were at my previous jobs. She also asked me to tell her a bit about myself. I ended up not getting an offer because I was not willing to work on weekends.

Interview Questions

Paper Source Response

Jul 5, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback..maybe when your schedule opens up a bit to allow weekends , we can revisit your application. Have a great summer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied because I was relocating to the area and had a phone interview first then a face to face interview. The recruiter was very nice and interested in why I wanted to work for the company and the face to face interview was informative about the position and less like an interview and more like talking to a friend about different craft experiences I've had which eased my nerves a lot. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an employee that seemed to not be interacting effectively with the customers.   1 Answer

Oct 20, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Great to hear that you had a positive candidate experience. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online, a regional recruiter reached out to me through email to schedule an interview with the RM and recruiter. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes and felt like an easy going conversation about my sales experience and business knowledge. I was extended an offer within a week. The whole process, from application to accepting the job, took about four weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to bring samples that best represent my creativity to the interview.   Answer Question

Oct 20, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Welcome to the team. The new store is beautiful and customer service accolades are coming in. Great job.