Paper Source Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paper Source Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

Asked you to show them your art/craft works. Asked about availability, start date, references, 1 or 2 questions about why do you want to work here and that's it. The whole interview was only 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Show artworks, availability, start date, references, why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paper Source (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I met the store manager at a local diner because the store wasn't open yet. I brought my portfolio of crafts that I've made. It helped to prove my creativity, which is a big plus when you want to work at PS.

Interview Questions

• Because I hadn't been in retail since my college days (I was in my late 40's when I interviewed for the PS job), the manager asked me something along the lines of, it's been so long since you've been in retail, do you think you can handle it?   1 Answer
    • When did this interview take place?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paper Source (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for store manager position thru indeed. She said she had read my resume and was interested in speaking to me regarding the position. Scheduled a phone interview. Very rude person. Unprofessional was eating the whole time she was speaking to me. Asked me about my current role as a store store manager. I have more than 10 years in management. But because my store didn't have 3 million annual revenue, she cut me off immediately. I'm currently at 1.2 million. She offered me a sales lead position. I'm a store manager why would I want a sales lead position? Didn't give me a chance to talk about my experience, and proven track record. Stay away from this company! Very cocky recruiter.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paper Source (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A phone call then an appointment during the store hours, I met assistant manager then manager. Both asked the same type of questions. Both were very professional, and thoughtful. The manager read from a script.

Interview Questions

• What kind of creative things do you do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source.

Interview

My first contact was with a recruiter to set up a phone screening. After about an hour discussing the company, my experiences, the role, and future plans the recruiter offered to set an interview with the Store Manager.

My first interview took place in the store with the Store Manager. The interview was casual, and relatively routine, other than being asked for a sampling of some creative projects, which I had been requested to bring.

A second interview was arranged within a week, this time with the Regional Manager, and took place at a downtown Chicago location. This interview was also relatively routine, but discussed more in-depth my personal experiences and the company's values and mission.

After the interview, I was notified that my references were to be contacted and when.

Interview Questions

• What methods am I familiar with for ascertaining associate competence? Am I comfortable with performing these?   Answer Question
    • How do you maintain balance between projects and responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience individually overseeing any departments and beyond held accountable for the results thereof?   Answer Question
    • You seem to be a real go-getter. Will you have a hard time being lead by another person? Also, will you be comfortable giving feedback to me (Store Manager) to hold us all accountable?   Answer Question

Feb 1, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the team.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied based on reference of a good friend and past coworker who was employed with Paper Source. I spoke with a recruiter on the phone and had a great initial screen. She passed me on to the store manager to continue the process with an in-person interview. The store manager emailed me less than 24hrs notice asking if I could meet on a Sunday. I couldn't. The store manager didn't follow up in a timely manner at all for another interview time. After waiting to hear back from her for over a week, I emailed her and eventually she got back to me and we found a time. No one thanked me for my patience, apologized for the wait and run around, or acknowledged my time. The interview was lackluster. The store manager again emailed me less than day before the interview asking me to bring another printed copy of my resume and an example of my creative work. When I arrived at the interview she asked for my application, which had already been submitted to the recruiter and hadn't been requested again. No one followed up with me after my interview, although I was told someone would. Very long, unorganized, disappointing interview process. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• How is your handwriting? Do you enjoy lettering?   1 Answer

Mar 6, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your feedback. This is not what our candidate experience should look or feel like and I apologize. I have asked our field leadership to share this... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I began the interview process with Ms. Kennedy, the Regional Recuriter, who reached out to me through Indeed.com. She set up two interviews over the course of two weeks, both of which I got to meet several members of Paper Source. They were all very friendly and excited that I was joining their company, which in turn made me excited about the position. I was offered the job officially on the third week and am now in training to open a new store with them in March!
    The interview process is longer than any other interviews I've done, but the company is growing and they're very involved in every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• How do you think a leadership position will differ from the sales positions you've held?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paper Source in January 2017.

Interview

The process as a whole was smoothe. Each individual I interviewed with was kind, willing to answer any and every question, informative, and extremely passionate about their jobs and the company itself. Because it was obvious that everyone loved their job, the interview process was enjoyable and gave insight to the kind of culture and environment Paper Source creates for both of their employees and clients.

Interview Questions

Paper Source Response

Feb 2, 2017 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and welcome! We are thrilled you have joined the Paper Source team.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paper Source (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiters and field managers did a great job with communication and keeping me up to date on where I stood in the process. They really exemplified their passion for their people. They flew me out to their home office for my final interview. The whole process was very engaging and personal.

Interview Questions

• What is a current creative project you are working on at the moment?   Answer Question

Dec 5, 2016 – Manager- Field Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback and we are so happy to have you and look forward to great things in Columbus, OH!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paper Source (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Really relaxed, typical questions regarding customer service and behavior under pressure. There was one interesting question that went something like this, "There's a Christmas party, are you hosting and greeting guests or are you hanging out in a corner with people you know?" Basically "are you a leader?" I answered I like a little bit of both, she liked that just fine. My manager really liked my honesty and realness.

Interview Questions

• There's a Christmas party, are you hosting and greeting guests or are you hanging out in a corner with people you know?   1 Answer

Apr 4, 2017 – Chicago HQ Office

Thank you for sharing. This is great feedback and glad you joined us.