Parasoft Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Parasoft CEO Elizabeth Kolawa
Elizabeth Kolawa

"Great environment to grow as software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA

I worked at Parasoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spent a couple wonderful years here. The software development department treats employees well - lunches are provided free, there are reasonable expectations of work-life balance, and since management is technical and the company sells testing product, they encourage striving for quality in the products, which means you're keeping technical debt low and get to do interesting things. You often get to dive into the nitty gritty of libraries and technologies since you are integrating them for testing purposes.

Teams use many open source libraries, modern tools, CI, git and scrum - all positive things. Software engineers each had two monitors, pretty nice workstations, free Keurig coffee, snacks, Wednesday donuts, flexibility in hours, did I mention free lunch. You'll learn tons as the products are supporting the testing needs of fortune 1000 companies, so whatever emerging technologies there are in the industry you get to support it.

The department had improved a lot when I left - just moved into a modern new office, had added some big new customers, processes for release were mature (less stressful) and tools (and use of them) were greatly improved.

Highly recommend if you're really interested in technology, want to see your impact in products, and are looking for fast-paced personal growth.

Cons

Industry itself could be tough, although Parasoft is a leader in the space. Seems sales has a tough job to sell companies on quality.

"Not Going Places"

Pros

Free food
    Free drinks
    Company events
    If you aren't very experienced or no one else will hire you, this seems to be the place to go. The salaries are low, but most of the people they hire don't have much choice. Great if you have some autism related issues.

Cons

No job security. The place seems to have the turnover of a downtown 7-11. The talented people leave as soon as they can, those who stay never know when they'll get fired. Management are all yes-men who are waiting to win the lottery or something. They'll hire you for your experience then ignore your experience. Its all about what one or two people think looks cool.

Advice to Management

Get someone in charge who can steer around the iceberg.

"Sales Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very bright Executive team who are extremely passionate and committed to the success of the company and the employees. Great products that deliver high value to our customers. Long term, loyal customers who represent the majority of the Fortune 500 companies. Re-energized sales team that works well together with marketing and engineering. Great work environment with a new Corporate office opening this month.

Cons

It's a long commute from my home

Advice to Management

Continue to empower employees to overachieve and reward them for their efforts.

"Great Company with Tremendous Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft (More than 3 years)

Pros

A tight-knit, friendly organization with many opportunities for advancement. Those in sales who are independent and hungry will make lots of money. Fantastic thought leadership and technical knowledge. Major investments have been made recently to improve the company and culture (including a large renovation on HQ).

Cons

Current office is looking a little shabby, but we're moving to a completely new building soon and it looks fantastic.

Advice to Management

Positive feedback is always appreciated.

"Take Note Please"

Former Employee - Senior Software Specialist/Corporate Account Manager in Monrovia, CA

I worked at Parasoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Education and Training. Always working on improvement in all areas of the organization.

Cons

Need more company wide events recognizing achievements.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A true engineer's environment to work in. I work with some of the smartest people I have worked with in my career and I am constantly learning something new every day. Everyone has a strong belief in the products we produce, and it's a great, low politics environment with a lot of loyalty. You're treated like family here, and that's why people stay. Also, probably one of the more successful agile environments I've worked in.

Cons

Compared to a larger company, not a ton of growth potential, since it's a small company. That said, you can still make salary increases based on good performance.

Also, sometimes there is resistance to change -- some senior people have been with the company since college and perhaps don't have the same perspective as newer employees that have explored the market throughout their career.

Benefits are okay -- PPO health insurance is great, VSP, Dental -- the only thing is that I wish I had more vacation days. There are no separate sick days, just one pool of PTO and it takes a number of years to accumulate more days. Not a whole lot of flexibility in schedule -- you must be there everyday in the office. Special cases are made for virtual work (illness, family leave, family move), but its not the norm,

Advice to Management

Can't really complain about anything .. its a great small company with good values and great products. Coming from big companies, its a refreshing change. That said, my only complaint is that I wouldn't mind having more PTO.

"Professional Services"

Pros

Smaller company that should be able to react to change more quickly.

Cons

Lacks leadership and direction. Unprofessional environment. Not uncommon for managers and employees to yell and scream profanities. Static Analysis tools are a joke.

Advice to Management

Sell off static analysis tools and cut your losses. You can never become a premier SA company. Most opportunities is in the functional test tools. Been at companies that have gone with other tools and the only thing in favor of Parasoft was price and most companies realize that is not enough.

"Associate Software Engineer"

Pros

Good work environment
    Great technical managers
    Good On the job training

Cons

Mediocre Compensation
    Nothing else to complain about

"Smart, committed leadership, happy customers"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm relatively new to the sales team, so I never met the Leadership that other reviews have scorched. In my experience the new people are bright, proven, and a pleasure to deal with. When I talk to customers they like us significantly more than CA, IBM, and HP (our main competitors) and analysts like Forrester have given glowing reviews.

Cons

Some things about the company feel dated, but hey it's a three decade old company. That said, it feels like they're committed to change, innovation, and remaining a leader.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, it seems like we're going in a good direction, keep investing in what will enable your sales teams to succeed.

"Solid technical and agile development teams"

I have been working at Parasoft full-time

Pros

Very technical development teams, focused on results, capable of delivering incremental business values in sequential product releases, great opportunity to learn the latest technologies, ability to work in collaboration with management and receive direct feedback to improve, good balance between work hours and personal life.

Cons

Outdated office, but construction of a new one should start soon; private company, so no stock options... though other benefits are reasonable; located a little bit aside from the biggest technical hubs - Santa Monica, downtown LA, Irvine