Parasoft Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Parasoft CEO Elizabeth Kolawa
Elizabeth Kolawa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Managers are very approachable and know a lot about their respective domain, you will learn a lot from them (in 5 reviews)

• Work life balance was great when I worked here (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • the market they're in is tough, large competitors eat up ELA's and open source shops get a lot of smaller deals (in 3 reviews)

• They only care about the almighty dollar (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great engineering company, not so great pay"

I worked at Parasoft full-time

Pros

This is the definition of an engineering company. There are multiple engineering teams working on different products, all of which are built to be used by other engineers. Heavy use of agile processes to plan work into 2-week sprints. Great mentorship and code review processes. Managers are very approachable and know a lot about their respective domain, you will learn a lot from them. Very strong inclination to follow software development best practices in all products. Free catered lunches every day. I saw many people use this company as a stepping stone to greater companies, like Amazon and Google. There's also a great work-life balance, I almost never heard of anyone taking work home except in some extreme cases.

Cons

Location is kind of meh (ever heard of Monrovia?), pay was below market average for much of the time I worked there. With so many processes in place, it's sometimes hard to be flexible in your workflow, so you might see a bug that you can easily fix, but since it wasn't planned for this sprint, you'll just file a PR and forget about it (but hey, if you want to move more quickly you should go work for a startup).

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome

2. "Sales Leader"

Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very competitive products that are well positioned in the market place. Great product focus and growth.
    Executive team that has a strategy and can execute.
    Leadership team listens to it's employees and customers when formulating strategy.
    Incredibly generous compensation and benefits.

Cons

The commute is rather long.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. Keep the strong product focus - innovation and growth.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I've met so far are so truly passionate about the work. It's a company borne of innovation and driven by unbridled creativity... constantly striving to push the envelope on how to perfect software development. There is a clear sense of purpose here... we are out to perfect software. We are determined to bring to software development the type of automation and practices that made possible the efficiency gains and quality products realized by modern manufacturing automation and techniques.

Cons

The free snack bar only has healthy snacks and the free drinks don't include energy drinks.

Advice to Management

Please also make available Redbull, Rockstar, 5 hour energy drinks, etc. to all the managers, developers and sales then watch productivity grow by leaps and bounds.

4. "Awesome people but tough market"

Former Employee - Account in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Parasoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, mostly awesome people, cool new office

Cons

Advice to Management

not really sure, buy some dice?

"Good people and great learning environment"

I have been working at Parasoft full-time

Pros

I have been working at Parasoft for sometime and the my knowledge about the Computer Software world has expanded exponentially. It has shown me sides of software I never knew existed.

The people you work with are all nice people. They are always willing or help or share information to help.

Cons

In the beginning it can feel tough learning the tool and working with new technology with it but sticking with it all the way will prove to be one of the biggest rewards you will receive.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed the company events we have and I would like to have more of them. It is fun to interact with everyone in the company.

"Great Foot-In-Door"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is diverse, allowing one to touch on a multitude of platforms.
    The people are extremely friendly
    All the coffee you could ever want
    A great balance of work and play

Cons

Work is Under appreciated at times

Advice to Management

More events

"Parasoft Review"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Parasoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Expand skills in SDLC, testing software, webservices, Linux, and databases.
    Work with bleeding edge technology.
    Room for growth within the company.
    No micromanagement if you finish your work.
    Great environment and co-workers.

Cons

You will work hard.
    Pay is slightly lower than average.
    Personal time is spent on work sometimes.
    Resources (i.e. technology or information to complete the task) may not be readily available, but will be upon request.

Advice to Management

Forums is a great starting path. To make work easier among the teams I work with and anyone starting in the company, we need to create a knowledge hub. A place where information beyond what is stated in the documentation for our products, information about the tools that we are integrating with, knowledge about the skills required to use in-house tools, ect. could be found. Access to programs to test our tools interaction with 3rd party tools.

"If you like to hear upper management cuss all the time, then job is for you."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

I worked at Parasoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money was good. The benefits were average.
    The developers are a great team.

Cons

This company will allow the almighty dollar to direct its next action.
    The people in Professional Services have mouths like sailors.
    The ladies of maintenance also have mouths like sailors, especially the lead.
    You are yelled at when you, unknowingly, do something wrong.
    You are thrown into the fire, with no training, and are expected to know what to do.

Advice to Management

Clean up your act, especially your mouths.

"Great environment to grow as software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Monrovia, CA

I worked at Parasoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spent a couple wonderful years here. The software development department treats employees well - lunches are provided free, there are reasonable expectations of work-life balance, and since management is technical and the company sells testing product, they encourage striving for quality in the products, which means you're keeping technical debt low and get to do interesting things. You often get to dive into the nitty gritty of libraries and technologies since you are integrating them for testing purposes.

Teams use many open source libraries, modern tools, CI, git and scrum - all positive things. Software engineers each had two monitors, pretty nice workstations, free Keurig coffee, snacks, Wednesday donuts, flexibility in hours, did I mention free lunch. You'll learn tons as the products are supporting the testing needs of fortune 1000 companies, so whatever emerging technologies there are in the industry you get to support it.

The department had improved a lot when I left - just moved into a modern new office, had added some big new customers, processes for release were mature (less stressful) and tools (and use of them) were greatly improved.

Highly recommend if you're really interested in technology, want to see your impact in products, and are looking for fast-paced personal growth.

Cons

Industry itself could be tough, although Parasoft is a leader in the space. Seems sales has a tough job to sell companies on quality.

"Not Going Places"

Pros

Free food
    Free drinks
    Company events
    If you aren't very experienced or no one else will hire you, this seems to be the place to go. The salaries are low, but most of the people they hire don't have much choice. Great if you have some autism related issues.

Cons

No job security. The place seems to have the turnover of a downtown 7-11. The talented people leave as soon as they can, those who stay never know when they'll get fired. Management are all yes-men who are waiting to win the lottery or something. They'll hire you for your experience then ignore your experience. Its all about what one or two people think looks cool.

Advice to Management

Get someone in charge who can steer around the iceberg.