Partner Engineering and Science Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Partner Engineering and Science Chief Executive Officer Joseph Derhake, PE
Joseph Derhake, PE

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You *might* be able to have flexibility with your schedule and whether or not you can work from home" (in 5 reviews)

• "It's a growing company with many opportunities for those that wish to push themselves and learn new disciplines" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "A lot of the client managers/principals are really just sales people with little to no technical training" (in 3 reviews)

• "Between long hours, thankless labor and low pay, Partner replaces its staff about every 9-12 months" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

Finally a company that values a work-life balance! This company believe or not trusts their employees and has virtually no micromanagement. Perfect for someone who works independently.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard to think of any. I would say if you're the type of person who needs constant feedback or management oversight, this might not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Maybe provide more feedback but it's not a necessity.

"Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Partner your ideas are always heard! Intraprenuership!

Cons

More interaction for remote employees

Advice to Management

Keep rockin on!

"HOME"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is truly unique. When you walk through the doors you learn quickly that you are seen as a individual with unique talents and experiences instead of a number. Your coworkers become family and this is a place where you can absolutely learn and grow.

Cons

If there was one thing I would like to see, its more line of sight for career plans. However, employees are not locked into one path so your options are almost unlimited so long as you show interest and ability.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The transparency from executives and dedication to employee growth make his a fantastic place to work.

"Very unhealthy work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good start up job, if you don't mind working long hours for low pay

Cons

Very poor local management structure. Politics prevails over competency. Some of the managers were definitely not promoted for their ability! Micro management is rife. Unrealistic goals set by management with most employees having to work 60+ hours to meet mandatory requirements. Only paid for 40 hours.

Advice to Management

Put competent managers in place. Have realistic goals. You're High staff turnover should tell you something isn't right

Partner Engineering and Science Response

Oct 25, 2018 – HR Manager

We appreciate your feedback and apologize you had a negative experience. We are committed to creating a great work environment for all individuals and take feedback seriously. We appreciate the... More

"As Great as Promised"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, feels like a family. Heard wonderful things before I cam on board and haven't been disappointed with my decision. Can see myself working here the remainder of my career.

Cons

Haven't experienced any cons here.

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

The company really values ambition and innovation

Cons

Managing multiple complex projects requires a high level of focus

"Construction Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

You are busy all day so the day passes quickly.

Cons

TOXIC environment. The atmosphere is severe sweat shop. The Director is a dictator who hides behind a facade of being religious and is protected by being a partner. The man obviously is intimidated by strong women and he is quick to relieve women close to retirement age of their job.

Advice to Management

Supervise the partners, listen to the number of people complaining about the atmosphere there. There are too many women contacting you regarding this guy and still you ignore. It could catch up to you.

Partner Engineering and Science Response

Oct 25, 2018 – HR Manager

I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We are continually working to streamline our work processes to make jobs easier and understand some roles are challenging. We understand our fast growth... More

"Excellent"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

Very nice people and positive attitude, which comes from the top (Joe). Joe is a solid solid guy and that flows down to everyone else.

Cons

Still developing as a full service consulting company, so some things not fully there yet.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Environmental Assessor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Environmental Assessor in Dallas, TX

Pros

The people that work there and the work environment combine to create a great place to work. The flexible work schedule is a huge plus as well, especially since life can get so busy these days with traffic, work commutes, family, and other obligations. I also love the ability to grow in your career and the encouragement to get various licenses. You just have to make your goals known and people are very receptive.

Cons

Not many, but pay could be a little better. However, again, work flexibility and work environment are a big plus.

"I'm a fan"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

Pros

I really love the culture at Partner, and the sense of teamwork. Plus I work with amazing people in all kinds of disciplines that enjoy what they do, so it makes executing unique and challenging projects fun. And the work/life balance is the best I've experienced in my career - I only give it 4 stars because it's still consulting, and the consulting industry gets very demanding at times.

Cons

Honestly, I have yet to find a con.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.