Partner Engineering and Science Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Partner Engineering and Science Chief Executive Officer Joseph Derhake, PE
Joseph Derhake, PE

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You *might* be able to have flexibility with your schedule and whether or not you can work from home" (in 5 reviews)

• "It's a growing company with many opportunities for those that wish to push themselves and learn new disciplines" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "A lot of the client managers/principals are really just sales people with little to no technical training" (in 3 reviews)

• "Between long hours, thankless labor and low pay, Partner replaces its staff about every 9-12 months" (in 4 reviews)

"As Great as Promised"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, feels like a family. Heard wonderful things before I cam on board and haven't been disappointed with my decision. Can see myself working here the remainder of my career.

Cons

Haven't experienced any cons here.

2. "Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

The company really values ambition and innovation

Cons

Managing multiple complex projects requires a high level of focus

3. "Excellent"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

Very nice people and positive attitude, which comes from the top (Joe). Joe is a solid solid guy and that flows down to everyone else.

Cons

Still developing as a full service consulting company, so some things not fully there yet.

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Environmental Assessor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Environmental Assessor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that work there and the work environment combine to create a great place to work. The flexible work schedule is a huge plus as well, especially since life can get so busy these days with traffic, work commutes, family, and other obligations. I also love the ability to grow in your career and the encouragement to get various licenses. You just have to make your goals known and people are very receptive.

Cons

Not many, but pay could be a little better. However, again, work flexibility and work environment are a big plus.

5. "I'm a fan"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really love the culture at Partner, and the sense of teamwork. Plus I work with amazing people in all kinds of disciplines that enjoy what they do, so it makes executing unique and challenging projects fun. And the work/life balance is the best I've experienced in my career - I only give it 4 stars because it's still consulting, and the consulting industry gets very demanding at times.

Cons

Honestly, I have yet to find a con.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

6. "Exciting Fun Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Pros

Exciting work environment in a fast paced growing company that values friendship and work life balance.

Cons

Due to the nature of the work, change is constant and it helps to be flexible during change.

7. "Principal"

Current Employee - Principal in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Principal in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Partner has a solid executive team that continues to grow the company the right way and takes care of its employees. Senior Management has created a very dynamic work environment that creates opportunities for its team members through intrapreneurship. Partner invests time and money in its team members and wants to see staff succeed in their careers. Partner is a great place to work.

Cons

The hiring process can take some time. Be patient, it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue growing smart and hiring good people.

8. "Terminated for "incident" I wasn't even aware of"

Former Employee - Construction Support Specialist/Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the upper management in the office, coworkers were great

Cons

Being micro-managed by a supervisor who was in the office 5 hours/week. The only time I talked to her was when she hired me and then when she terminated me.

Advice to Management

Management for the whole company was awesome. It was the management in the office that left lots to be desired.

9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

Finally a company that values a work-life balance! This company believe or not trusts their employees and has virtually no micromanagement. Perfect for someone who works independently.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard to think of any. I would say if you're the type of person who needs constant feedback or management oversight, this might not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Maybe provide more feedback but it's not a necessity.

10. "Exceeding Expectations"

Current Employee - Project Assessor
    Current Employee - Project Assessor

Pros

Since starting with Partner, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it won't! Partner is great! Coming from a large firm previously, Partner is refreshing, the culture is amazing, and the people are exceptional. Look forward to a great future together!

Cons

Nothing yet! I'm loving the new opportunities in front of me!