Partner Engineering and Science Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Partner Engineering and Science Chief Executive Officer Joseph Derhake, PE
Joseph Derhake, PE

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You *might* be able to have flexibility with your schedule and whether or not you can work from home" (in 5 reviews)

• "It's a growing company with many opportunities for those that wish to push themselves and learn new disciplines" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "A lot of the client managers/principals are really just sales people with little to no technical training" (in 3 reviews)

• "Between long hours, thankless labor and low pay, Partner replaces its staff about every 9-12 months" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Environmental Assessor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Environmental Assessor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that work there and the work environment combine to create a great place to work. The flexible work schedule is a huge plus as well, especially since life can get so busy these days with traffic, work commutes, family, and other obligations. I also love the ability to grow in your career and the encouragement to get various licenses. You just have to make your goals known and people are very receptive.

Cons

Not many, but pay could be a little better. However, again, work flexibility and work environment are a big plus.

2. "Exciting Fun Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting work environment in a fast paced growing company that values friendship and work life balance.

Cons

Due to the nature of the work, change is constant and it helps to be flexible during change.

3. "Principal"

Current Employee - Principal in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Principal in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Partner has a solid executive team that continues to grow the company the right way and takes care of its employees. Senior Management has created a very dynamic work environment that creates opportunities for its team members through intrapreneurship. Partner invests time and money in its team members and wants to see staff succeed in their careers. Partner is a great place to work.

Cons

The hiring process can take some time. Be patient, it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue growing smart and hiring good people.

4. "Terminated for "incident" I wasn't even aware of"

Former Employee - Construction Support Specialist/Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the upper management in the office, coworkers were great

Cons

Being micro-managed by a supervisor who was in the office 5 hours/week. The only time I talked to her was when she hired me and then when she terminated me.

Advice to Management

Management for the whole company was awesome. It was the management in the office that left lots to be desired.

5. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

Finally a company that values a work-life balance! This company believe or not trusts their employees and has virtually no micromanagement. Perfect for someone who works independently.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard to think of any. I would say if you're the type of person who needs constant feedback or management oversight, this might not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Maybe provide more feedback but it's not a necessity.

6. "Exceeding Expectations"

Current Employee - Project Assessor
    Current Employee - Project Assessor

Pros

Since starting with Partner, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it won't! Partner is great! Coming from a large firm previously, Partner is refreshing, the culture is amazing, and the people are exceptional. Look forward to a great future together!

Cons

Nothing yet! I'm loving the new opportunities in front of me!

"Proud to be at Partner- a great place to be!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

Partner is a very open and transparent organization. Importantly it is truly committed to it's mission statement to be the best home for talented professionals in the industry. The amount of energy and resources that are put into talent development and acquisition is quite impressive. Joe Derhake's passion for this company and this industry is unlike anybody else's I have ever met. He truly cares for his people and what we do, and his enthusiasm and values cascade through this organization. To think what Partner has built over ten years starting with 10 people in the face of a recession is truly inspiring.

The team of people here is truly incredible, every discipline has talented industry leaders available to provide advice and guidance to staff.

Cons

None to speak of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in the people. Give them the tools and technology to allow them to continue to be the #1 due diligence organization in the country.

"Great work culture and employee care"

Current Employee - Staff Assessor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Assessor in Boston, MA

Pros

Lots of travel, probably once a week on average / overtime pay

Cons

Long hours when you are new to the company / Pay technically based hourly for new employees

Advice to Management

None

"Nice people but census takers with clipboards"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Pros

Good intentions from California ownership and adequate performance in original space dealing with abbreviated due diligence on environmental issues for the real estate community

Good public relations department capable of gloriously embellishing accomplishments

Cons

Grew too fast too soon

No real technical expertise, people need to work off a checklist

Analysis is cursory and boilerplate, not a place for ambitious or creative people

Subordinates to owner survive due to politics rather than competence or leadership

You get what you pay for, i.e.: prices are cheap but work produces little added-value to clients and psychological satisfaction for employees.

Advice to Management

Ignore friendships and hold management accountable for accomplishing something other than hiring cronies from past business failures and staging junior achievement business plans. Also be very careful with east coast management you inherited as they have put at least three companies out of business and mentored several promising young business people / engineers into personal bankruptcy.

Partner Engineering and Science Response

May 21, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We use feedback like this to continually improve. It’s our mission to be the best home for talented professionals in our field. We want... More

"Good Company to Place Yourself"

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time

Pros

You are given the opportunity to get the job done that you need to do, and you're enabled. If you need something, or some help - someone here will help you get to the point you need to be at.

Cons

Very aggressive #'s means a heavy work load at times, light work loads at other times. So work can be highly volatile. The offices are lackluster, and while are mostly comfortable, are in dire need of an upgrade.

Advice to Management

Listen to your troops and don't put up hurdles. Spend some money on the offices to make our day-to-day more inspiring.