Partner Engineering and Science Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 120 reviews

4.5
Partner Engineering and Science CEO Joseph Derhake, PE
Joseph Derhake, PE
Pros
  • "The work environment, culture, and attitude of everyone at Partner makes it an amazing company to work for(in 9 reviews)

• "It's a growing company with many opportunities for those that wish to push themselves and learn new disciplines(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Between long hours, thankless labor and low pay, Partner replaces its staff about every 9-12 months(in 5 reviews)

• "Some people expect national due diligence firms to act like a small mom and pop engineering firm(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Collaborative Environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded"

Current Employee - Executive in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lack of a command/control management structure; work schedule flexibility; ability to influence one's career path; very pleasant work environment.

Cons

Can't identify any at this point

Advice to Management

Continue to follow the successful formula the company was founded on.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-02-25

"Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Project Assessor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for less than a year

Pros

Productive and relaxed workplace with a technically sound group of co-workers and staff. Fun team building events and the office even has a pool table.

Cons

I do not have any negatives (cons) to report.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-09

"Fast and Exciting Work Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Eatontown, NJ

Pros

Partner truly is a refreshing change from my previous employers. It is an entrepreneurial environment where the company values your input. I have been equipped with all of the necessary tools, be it personnel assistance or technology to do my best work. The positive setting keeps me motivated and drive to keep the company a success. My direct manager is very knowledgeable, yet trusts my judgement on how to... proceed moving forward.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Please continue to value your employees feedback, good or bad. Partner understands that their employees are their greatest resource and hope that never changes. Keep up the great work!

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-08

"Greed and Users"

Former Employee - Principal in National, WV

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're looking for a place that will use you as much as possible before you burn out and look for a stable company.

Cons

Partner uses it's employees like a sweet shop. Working them as many hours a week as possible and paying them very little in return.

Advice to Management

Get out while you still can. If you're not one of the top 5% in the company, you won't count in their eyes. Partner looks for ways to drop off employees they feel make more then a new hire would require to do the same work.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-09-03

"Relaxed place to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Assessor in Richmond, VA

Pros

Ability to work from home, pay, benefits, no hassles on due dates

Cons

No extensive training in PLINK or what programs on computer are available to make getting a report together quicker. I've been on a "learn as you go" status. Luckily, I can figure things out without much supervision. But getting a heads up on what tools are available would have been helpful.

Advice to Management

Give new hires a sit down and show what tools are available and more training on PLINK.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-08

"Good Comapny"

Current Employee - Project Assessor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work environment. Opportunities to travel

Cons

Potentially heavy workload at times.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-05

"Great team"

Former Employee - Construction Support Specialist in Malvern, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team members work closely together. Direct manager was great and very supportive. She would take the time to review and clarify any confusion patiently. Benefit was average (medical, vision, dental, life, 401k, etc.).

Cons

Higher management often negligent our team's performance while paying more attention to other team's problems.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-22
  8. "Don’t work here if you don’t have to-promise the world don’t deliver"

Former Employee - Construction Support Specialist in Malvern, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall I loved my clients that I worked with on a daily or weekly basis and developed excellent relationships with them that enabled me to do my job better. The pay was decent as long as you never expect any kind of raise outside of your yearly minuscule increase.

Cons

Training and communication from PMs and TDs left more than a little to be desired. There is little to no proper training and you are often left to asking coworkers how to do something which can lead to a large amount of confusion. When PMs and TDs were approached about issues with training it often fell on deaf ears and if you were lucky and email about any changes to process and procedures would go out. The issue... is then you can often think you are doing something correctly and months later find out it’s been wrong all along. Massively over worked and expected to perform within 8 hours every day but then asked why you didn’t stay to get your work done and when you do stay you are chastised.

Advice to Management

Put your PMs and TDs through a proper training of how to train and lead their team rather than focusing on their own petty office drama.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-08-22

Partner Engineering and Science Response

August 27, 2019Director, People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We agree that training is critical to our success as an organization and have been investing resources to continue to increase learning opportunities for our people. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, or email ...

9. "Wotk Mill"

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very few. Some nice people work here (at ground level) but they don't normally stick around.

Cons

Terrible management who , for the most part, have little or no skills or ability to do the job. Promotions are based on who you know. Work loads /required job completions are set so the average assessor has to work upto 60 hours a week while only getting paid for 40! Managers micromanage your every movement. Work is mass produced from standard templates. Poor pay at workers level, high pay and large bonuses for... management (as long as they get the workers to keep producing).

Advice to Management

Reduce the ridicules work targets so that your employees can produce a good/professional product. Pay the employees a fair rate.

Partner Engineering and Science2019-09-02

"Good Intern Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Partner Engineering and Science full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, not too much workload, work-life balance

Cons

Small Company, database is rather simple and un-organized

Partner Engineering and Science2019-07-17