Pattern Energy Group Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2020

3.8
Pattern Energy Group President and Chief Executive Officer Michael Garland (no image)
Michael Garland
Pros
  • "Pattern has some of the best professionals in my career life(in 10 reviews)

• "Company Mission statements includes "Transitioning the World to Renewable Energy"(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work/life balance for most of the employees(in 16 reviews)

• "Pattern has grown very quickly and the internal infrastructure is racing to catch-up(in 6 reviews)

1. "My experiences had been challenging and interesting."

I have been working at Pattern Energy Group

Pros

Working in almost the same job sector.

Cons

The chalenges could be new environment both location and society.

Pattern Energy Group2020-03-24
  2. "No shortage of intersting work, but internal advancement is tough."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Pattern Energy Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities to work cross functionally provides lots of team work experiences; no shortage of work affords opportunities to jump into projects and learn a lot hands on; working in the renewable industry is rewarding. Pay is competitive. Internal Leadership training has increased recently.

Cons

Difficult to advance internally. Path to promotion and leadership is unclear. Work life balance opportunities exist, but they are kept quiet and normally require approval from the supervisor rather than being more openly offered and supported at the highest leadership level. Very few women in leadership, and even few opportunities for women to advance internally.

Pattern Energy Group2020-02-15

"I enjoy working at Pattern because they take my professional development seriously!"

I have been working at Pattern Energy Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ever since I joined Pattern nearly two years ago, my manager has been focused on ensuring I have the right tools I need to do my job and to enable me to grow and develop my skills and knowledge so I would be able to take on more fulfilling work. Through these actions I have gained the skills I need to take on an entirely new part of my job that I love! Having people in leadership roles take interest in me and my career here at Pattern makes me want to stay! The colleagues that I work with regularly make coming to work a joy every day. My team collaborates well and we are successful in reaching all of our performance goals and corporate directives due to our work ethic and perseverance. I feel like leaders on my team take time to listen to my ideas and do their best to incorporate them into the work that we do. I enjoy the company culture throughout the office. People that I work with in other departments are friendly and very willing to listen to my ideas in order to build better solutions. Cross-organization meetings seem to be very collaborative and efficient and when I attend I'm able to go back to my desk to put the plans in action immediately due to clear plans being developed by the group. We work in a beautifully remodeled building, unlike any office setting I've ever worked in before. I regularly take lunch on our roof top deck overlooking the bay. We have tons of options of snacks and drinks and food deliveries for meetings and training sessions happen regularly! You will regularly see people having lunch together away from their desks and playing ping pong in our employee lounge. The compensation and benefits at Pattern are great. Employees are eligible for raises and annual bonuses for high performance which is all based on objective goals that we set for ourselves at the begin of the year. We also receive medical, dental, and vision insurance at a very low cost to employees. Pattern matches 401k up to 5%, no matter how much you contribute yourself. They also allow us to go and volunteer in the community and get paid!

Cons

The Executive Management team can be resistant to change and does not always listen to best practices from industry/departmental experts, that they themselves do not necessarily specialize in. They need to realize that they hired these experts for a reason as they have experience needed to push these initiatives across the finish line, but the Management Team needs to listen to their suggestions to keep the company and culture moving in the right direction. We can't get stuck using the excuse, "That's not how we used to do it!" Pattern is a forward-thinking, industry-leading company; they also need to be open to changing processes in order to make the work for efficient for all employees.

Pattern Energy Group2019-09-13

"Good company - lot of things to learn"

Former Employee - Tax in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pattern Energy Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pattern has some of the best professionals in my career life. HR is strong and the recruiter is easy to work with. My department culture is great and my co-workers are easy to work with.

Cons

Business Growing fast so it takes some time to adjust to it

Pattern Energy Group2019-09-06

"Toxic work environment - stay away!!"

I have been working at Pattern Energy Group

Pros

Pattern has talented individuals and has implemented some flexible work schedules though you will still work more hours than should be required

Cons

No work life balance, very high turnover and management has absolutely no idea what they're doing. They promote individuals with little to no experience.

Pattern Energy Group2019-07-29

September 13, 2019Recruiter

Thank you. We've heard this feedback, and we are working to implement flexible work schedules and redistribution of workload in several departments for current employees.

"So Far, So Good!"

I have been working at Pattern Energy Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is beautiful and you are spoiled with free snacks, monthly lunches and an amazing rooftop with ping pong and a great view of the Bay. The people I have met so far are nice and have a passion for what we do. Working for a company who's mission is to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels is truly amazing!

Cons

The only con that I have experienced so far is that some people within the organization are resistant to change. There are competing priorities that don't align across the org.

Pattern Energy Group2019-06-21

September 13, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for joining Pattern, and we appreciate your feedback thus far!

"Terrible Place To Work At"

I worked at Pattern Energy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-free snacks and beverages -some smart and hard working people

Cons

-culture -systems -processes -growth opportunities -communication and transparency -work/life balance

Pattern Energy Group2019-06-07

September 13, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. As a growing company with an evolving culture, we are always striving to shape a positive employee experience. We are sorry that you had a negative experience, but are doing our best to be proactive for all current and future employees.

"Smart colleagues, good atmosphere"

I have been working at Pattern Energy Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with people who are sharp and challenge themselves to be better Relaxed dress Beautiful office with lots of open space to work in different settings, outdoor rooftop space with view of the bay Solid comp and bonus plans, plus minimal employee contribution for medical plans Opportunity for volunteer events in the community Good snacks, monthly lunches or birthday celebrations Meaningful product--wind and solar power--good core messaging

Cons

During crunch time, be expected to stay on top of deadlines; balance time away from the office during non busy periods

Pattern Energy Group2019-03-13

September 13, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are having a good experience - we are constantly seeking opportunities to develop our employees further, and we are keeping your suggestions top of mind!

"Growing Company"

Former Employee - Internal Audit in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Pattern Energy Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Team, Continuous Learning, Input Valued, Continuous Growth Opportunities.

Cons

New building move added additional commute time for many.

Pattern Energy Group2019-02-08

"Need to fix the work/life balance ASAP"

I have been working at Pattern Energy Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits Friendly colleagues

Cons

Terrible work/life balance. Expect 12 hour work days and work on the weekends. Your manager may joke “go home” but then you see your whole department on skype on Saturday’s / Sunday’s... If you like spending 90% of your free time working, this is for you. If not, avoid this company.

Pattern Energy Group2019-01-13

February 19, 2019Recruiting Manager

Pattern is a rapidly growing company and we are continuously working to improve our processes. We are implementing new company wide systems to help improve work life balance for everyone! Your feedback is appreciated!

Found 56 reviews