PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Stephen Bruce
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good culture with good work-life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "The company is now hiring and retaining great people (for the most part)" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very fast paced environment where change is constant so not for those who like to watch and not act" (in 7 reviews)

• "Staff are running for the exit and no one is applying for the vacancies arising, of which there are many" (in 4 reviews)

"Promising Direction"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

PeopleFluent has historically received high praise for the quality of co-workers. This has not changed. Peoplefluent under LTG leadership appears to have a renewed focus on investing in the core products - this is promising for the engineering teams as well as our customer base. We have gone through rounds of cuts to the business where we have been focused on doing more of the same with less. LTG has come into the business and is focusing on investing in products and changing how we're approaching the priorities and changing the fundamentals of how the business will be run.
    Consistent Communication as part of the transition plan.
    caring co-workers. Act as one team.

Cons

We are in the middle of change. For some, the change is unsettling because it's occurring too fast and in other areas, the change seems too be slow. LTG team came in and quickly made decisions, where they may not fully understand the implications of those changes. Time will tell, and LTG is admittedly willing to make mistakes along the way to ensure speed of change.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the customers and be open to understanding where you may have overlooked impacts as part of the transition. PeopleFluent is greater than a learning product, and customer challenges will be different as a result of their business pains.

"There's good and there's bad"

Former Employee - Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibility in working hours, are not constantly on meetings if you don't want to be. I had a great, easy going manager who clearly wanted me to succeed and cared about the company and our clients.

Cons

Low pay, favoritism based on personality vs. work ethic, client satisfaction, and ability. There was too much politicking, and no thank yous for helping other teams. There was little transparency in how to be promoted and they did not care about growing their employees. By the time I was leaving LTG had acquired us, most clients were not renewing due to the price, and there were very few new clients being signed on. They need to understand pricing in each of the different offerings instead of assuming it's the same across the board. The previous CEO obviously lacked respect for other cultures and was a big supporter of Trump. He butchered employees names and then blamed the complexity of the name. He also said things that made it clear he did not care about the employees, like blaming the employees for the low numbers while taking no responsibility himself as the leader. The new management made it clear that money is their number 1 priority and if you are hurting that cause you would be leaving the company. Some managers in my office would openly talk politics and state things in a way that made you feel you would not be believed if you had an HR complaint about the topic at hand. They would also make fun of lower level employees, calling them bulimic or stupid or lazy behind their back in the break room and then being nice to their face. They also would not provide constructive feedback during performance reviews. You cannot develop if you do not know what is wrong. If you do not know how to have those tough conversations you cannot be a good manager.

Advice to Management

Employees want to feel valued and invested in, not just cogs in a machine. Be transparent about how to develop and get ahead, if there's no room for change, development, more pay some good employees will leave.

"Shocking organisation, distasteful management."

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None come to mind, and I've been thinking hard.

Cons

The acquisition by LTG has been appallingly managed. The senior management and newly appointed managers are entirely oblivious to what is required in a running a business. Staff are running for the exit and no one is applying for the vacancies arising, of which there are many. There is a concerted effort to replace existing, experienced staff with cheaper, less experienced employees, in an effort to drive down costs, no matter the consequence.

Advice to Management

Any advice would fall on deaf ears.

"Worst organization- leadership is horrible. They have no idea who they are in the market place"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salaries are good in most cases

Cons

Can’t win
    Do not have a clear strategy
    The company is divided and do no work together for success
    No marketing
    No onboarding
    They don’t even use their own software
    Turnover

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast Paced
    New Management team is amazing - focused on clients & product innovation
    Really enjoy the people that I work with
    Depth of expertise on our teams

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the past around strategy that has inhibitied our success. The new strategy is exciting. It's focused on positively implacting the customer experience and investing in our products. I am excited to see the changes that happen in these coming months.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer. Develop a strategy that ensure client success is at the core.

"LTG Inherits Great Strategy in IDC Market Leader PeopleFluent"

Pros

PeopleFluent has great products that are likely to continue to thrive under the new leadership of LTG. As IDC pointed out — and as LTG’s strategy lead Piers Lea affirmed in his blog post on the acquisition — the company’s transformation under former CEO Charles Jones and his team created a market leading product and service that customers can rely on. LTG’s global reach and services are incredibly complements to what was already in place. Jones commitment to the employees and customers of PeopleFluent in creating this strategy and finding the right company in LTG to move the strategy forward is notable.

Cons

The PeopleFluent brand, despite accolades from IDC and others, isn’t as prominent as it should be.

Advice to Management

Retain PeopleFluent employees, engage and understand customers and expand into new global markets.

"Poor Training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with work schedule and there is no micro management.

Cons

There's little to no onboarding. Absolutely nothing is written down and everyone seems to think you learn the job via osmosis.

"Reflection"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

After leaving PeopleFluent and reflecting on the strategy Charles Jones had put in place it’s apparent that what he did was well thought out and executed.

He motivated the teams to focus on the right things at the right time helping to drive adoption of the Productivity Platform which ultimately led to higher customer satisfaction and improved retention rates a couple of key components of the strategy.

The idea of focusing on key verticals based on the company’s strengths and the domain knowledge of the people drove win rates up ultimately revenue.

This was all done while competing in increasingly difficult market conditions. The exit to LTG was proof that with the right leadership in place companies can achieve good things.

Cons

The execution of the strategy required tough decisions that impacted people's work and jobs. This made it a difficult exercise for a lot of folks

"Very sad to hear of recent events"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good people, original manager was excellent

Cons

I think the executive team and and owner had just lost interest in moving PF forward

Advice to Management

selling was a good idea

"LTG is destroying PF - so sad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

PF used to be a great place to work. People worked hard and believed in the direction of the company. Our strategy was clear and we were making great progress toward our goals.

Cons

Since LTG became the owner of PF - everything has gone downhill. LTG (Jonathan Satchel and Dale Solomon) are the most inconsiderate, demoralizing people ever. There is no hope for PF and LTG is clueess. They don't even pretend to care about the people - at all.

Advice to Management

Charles Jones is no longer the CEO. If he were PF would still be a great place to work. LTG advice - Try being nice to people. Make your mother proud of you.