PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Charles S. Jones

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good culture with good work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great people to work with, great sales team, great support team (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There is absolutely no sense of work/life balance what so ever (in 4 reviews)

• No cons, however, PeopleFluent is a fast-paced, busy company so you must be willing to work hard in order to succeed (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"PeopleFluent Has Achieved Real Momentum in 2017"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PeopleFluent success in 2017 in terms of revenue growth (83% increase in the first half of 2017) and customer success is creating a culture where people have real unique opportunities -- to make money, grow their careers and to work with great customers. Winning is a great culture-builder and makes it a great moment to be at PeopleFluent.

Cons

PeopleFluent went through a transformation to get to its current momentum: that can create detractors who are resistant to change. Don't pay attention to their regrettable negative buzz.

Advice to Management

Sustain the transformation that is bringing great people and great customers to PeopleFluent.

2. "Fun at Work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with very smart people that love to come to work. Great atmosphere and business casual dress code.
    Works usually starts at 9:00 am and you’re not micromanaged.
    Downtown Raleigh is the best place to work, you are walking distance to everything!!!

Cons

Depends what you consider a con in your own view.
    They like to have people here at work and not working remotely which is fine with me.
    I like to be here and have fun and go to lunch with my co-workers.

Advice to Management

Advertise more the great things that we are doing and have done with record sales growth!!!

"Great Company with Powerful Technology in a Growing Space"

Current Employee - Director Product Marketing in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director Product Marketing in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I waited for the honeymoon to be over to write my review so I could give people a clear-eyed view of the company. The reality is that the longer I am here, the more I like it.

PeopleFluent has world-class customers (80% of the Fortune 100 use our technology). That means you get to work with the most innovative companies on a global scale. As a result it is fast-paced, dynamic and always interesting.

What I like most is that if you have ideas and can create a business case for them, you get the resources you need to make them happen. Ideas for change are embraced whether you've been with the company for years or are new. Plus, you get to work with a lot of very smart people, who care about the company but who also know how to have fun. Seriously, I went on a business trip only to return to my office covered in flamingos and on my birthday it was filled with 6-foot-tall inflatable birthday cakes.

Finally, I love how transparent the leadership is. When there are things that need to be improved or new strategy is launched, the data is shared freely. That way people can work together to find solutions and it gives you context to how what you are doing fits into the bigger picture.

I definitely recommend PeopleFluent and am glad I took the opportunity to join the team!

Cons

This is not a place for the idle or thinkers rather than doers. The market is moving quickly and there are some large players moving into the space. This creates excitement and opportunity, but little time to rest on your laurels. If you like the energy and urgency, you may love this (I do!).

Advice to Management

The growth that the company is showing is a reflection that the changes you made are working.

Keep having the quarterly meetings and sharing the data/strategy so openly with the company.

"Crooks - Do not want to pay commissions"

Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company absolutely has no pros.

Cons

Leadership is absolutely horrible. They have recently gone through 4 rounds of layoffs since last year. Reality - They laid off people who were performing and did it just in time to avoid paying commissions. SHAMEFUL!!!!!!

Advice to Management

You have people in the wrong roles at this organization. Just because you have been with the organization for 10+ years doesn't mean you are qualified for their role.
    This company has no scruples whatsoever!

Apr 14, 2017 – Director Human Resources

PeopleFluent conducts its business with integrity and high ethical standards and would never terminate an individual in order to avoid payment. Each member of our sales organization receives a... More

"Good Team"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Arlington, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Arlington, MA

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast, Friendly, Focussed Engineering Team

Cons

HR team does not act on time

Feb 16, 2017 – Director Human Resources

We're here to help. If there are specific HR actions that you'd like to discuss, we'd be happy to do so offline to better understand your needs. Please feel free to contact any member of our team... More

"No thanks - Pass"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Millis, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Millis, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly, the people you're exposed to while working in the trenches and doing all the dirty work of directors/executives who can't figure out what they want and where the company is going.

Cons

Upper management turn over rate is horrible! The CEO/founder, while might appear to charm you over, will have no problem hunting you down and ridiculing you in front of the entire office if you mess up. He has his favorites and everyone who does not fall into that category has been chased out and replaced.

Depending on where you are within the company there is little to no growth or direction on your career. Writing your goals for the next year while reviewing your achievements from the current year. HA. Way to be a great HR company.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach within your products. Learn how to hire manager/directors and don't let the junior people handle all the work. Treat your employees with respect and consistency or else the good ones will leave (and have been leaving)

Feb 15, 2017 – Director Human Resources

PeopleFluent prides itself on maintaining a respectful, customer centric, and innovative environment. We recognize our employees work hard and know that the pace isn’t for everyone. We’re... More

"Fast pace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong products especially the Recruiting and Compensation solutions,
    Working on the Marketing team, I was impressed by the hard work and dedication of the entire group. It is a strong and committed team. Everyone was willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever was needed to get things done.

Cons

The company moves at a fast pace so you need to thrive in a fast pace to be successful at PeopleFluent.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in innovation to maintain the strong product set.

Feb 15, 2017 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback! We were excited to announce this week that our Recruiting product, which is the largest revenue contributor of all of our products, set a new quarterly annual recurring... More

"Relieved I'm no longer there.."

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Some really nice people
    Opportunity to work on several technologies
    Opportunity for quick advancement and responsibility for less experienced applicants

Cons

Work-life balance
    Employees are not respected nor appreciated. A 'Talent Management Company'?
    Compensation (bonuses) not paid in time
    Compensation (bonuses) cut significantly for consultants in 2016. Change was back dated and thus a nasty surprise as bonuses were paid close to 6 months late and were up to 60% less than expected.
    High turnover - people are burning out.
    Management is horribly unorganized. Everything is managed as a fire drill.
    Senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Workforce has been stretched thin (through RIFs and other turnover). Disrespecting them is a good way to get rid of them too.
    It all starts at the top - not caring for your employees flows down, not having a vision, not holding people accountable, not admitting mistakes..
    They say unhappy customers spread the word - the same applies to unhappy (ex-) employees. There's no need for termination to cause friction yet there is lots of negative feedback here. This is an indication of serious morale issues within the employees and should be resolved for you to be successful.

"Pay Well"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Pay Well. Comp Plan is best in the business

Cons

employee turnover and employee morale

Advice to Management

stick with what works

"Just a good place"

Current Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to work. Culture is great, teams work together well. Great place to learn HR software if you ever have to move on to another company.

Cons

The only negative is that there is not a lot of room for growth. I wish there was more. It is technically still a young company and will grow eventually.