PeopleFluent Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 15, 2019

3.1
Stephen Bruce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good culture with good work-life balance" (in 15 reviews)

• "The company is now hiring and retaining great people (for the most part)" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very fast paced environment where change is constant so not for those who like to watch and not act" (in 7 reviews)

• "Staff are running for the exit and no one is applying for the vacancies arising, of which there are many" (in 4 reviews)

"Interesting and Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Technical Applications Support Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Applications Support Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership communicates effectively and transparently. The team is the best and brightest I've ever worked with. The perks and benefits are awesome.

Cons

We have a few needy clients (but who doesn't?). The product is vast and requires lots of hands-on experience to address client concerns when they experience unexpected behavior.

Advice to Management

I think our management is on the right path; limiting support for legacy software versions and also making excellent hiring decisions. We just need a larger team, an effective system for getting colleagues past the (significant) learning curve and an apparatus for weeding out "how-to" cases.

"Change is Good"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time

Pros

There is communication and transparency that we have not seen in quite some time.

Management is breaking down walls and making teams talk to each other and work together. There is a new energy amongst the teams.

We have had MAJOR leadership changes, but I think that new management has already made positive changes that old management failed to make.

Cons

There is a lot of change going on and it can be scary. There are a lot of people that are still holding on to the past and spreading us vs them.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating openly and honestly. Not everyone will be onboard with the change in direction. This is expected and OK.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a job and paid the bills.

Cons

Management was clueless and the company didn't care about their employees.

Advice to Management

None, they wouldn't listen anyhow.

"Company has a lot going for it"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to sell not only PeopleFluent products and services but also all the Learning Technologies Group products and services. Lots to learn and lots of opportunity.

Cons

Lots of change going on. People that struggle with change would struggle.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting the word out to the market about the products and vision!

"Dumpster Fire"

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Writing, thinking, filling the space, maybe it will tell me that I am done soon

Cons

Outdated products, no customer focus, leadership is dishonest and inept. They can't get the basics right, no vision, key talent has already fled and now everyone has their fingers in the dam. It's a bad place with no way to win in the market or keep people we have.

Advice to Management

I don't know. It could have been turned around 6 months ago but a line unskilled leaders with terrible people skills since the acquisition by LTG has made it too large a ship with too large a hole to be turned around.

"There's good and there's bad"

Former Employee - Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibility in working hours, are not constantly on meetings if you don't want to be. I had a great, easy going manager who clearly wanted me to succeed and cared about the company and our clients.

Cons

Low pay, favoritism based on personality vs. work ethic, client satisfaction, and ability. There was too much politicking, and no thank yous for helping other teams. There was little transparency in how to be promoted and they did not care about growing their employees. By the time I was leaving LTG had acquired us, most clients were not renewing due to the price, and there were very few new clients being signed on. They need to understand pricing in each of the different offerings instead of assuming it's the same across the board. The previous CEO obviously lacked respect for other cultures and was a big supporter of Trump. He butchered employees names and then blamed the complexity of the name. He also said things that made it clear he did not care about the employees, like blaming the employees for the low numbers while taking no responsibility himself as the leader. The new management made it clear that money is their number 1 priority and if you are hurting that cause you would be leaving the company. Some managers in my office would openly talk politics and state things in a way that made you feel you would not be believed if you had an HR complaint about the topic at hand. They would also make fun of lower level employees, calling them bulimic or stupid or lazy behind their back in the break room and then being nice to their face. They also would not provide constructive feedback during performance reviews. You cannot develop if you do not know what is wrong. If you do not know how to have those tough conversations you cannot be a good manager.

Advice to Management

Employees want to feel valued and invested in, not just cogs in a machine. Be transparent about how to develop and get ahead, if there's no room for change, development, more pay some good employees will leave.

"Shocking organisation, distasteful management."

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None come to mind, and I've been thinking hard.

Cons

The acquisition by LTG has been appallingly managed. The senior management and newly appointed managers are entirely oblivious to what is required in a running a business. Staff are running for the exit and no one is applying for the vacancies arising, of which there are many. There is a concerted effort to replace existing, experienced staff with cheaper, less experienced employees, in an effort to drive down costs, no matter the consequence.

Advice to Management

Any advice would fall on deaf ears.

"Worst organization- leadership is horrible. They have no idea who they are in the market place"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salaries are good in most cases

Cons

Can’t win
    Do not have a clear strategy
    The company is divided and do no work together for success
    No marketing
    No onboarding
    They don’t even use their own software
    Turnover

"Promising Direction"

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

PeopleFluent has historically received high praise for the quality of co-workers. This has not changed. Peoplefluent under LTG leadership appears to have a renewed focus on investing in the core products - this is promising for the engineering teams as well as our customer base. We have gone through rounds of cuts to the business where we have been focused on doing more of the same with less. LTG has come into the business and is focusing on investing in products and changing how we're approaching the priorities and changing the fundamentals of how the business will be run.
    Consistent Communication as part of the transition plan.
    caring co-workers. Act as one team.

Cons

We are in the middle of change. For some, the change is unsettling because it's occurring too fast and in other areas, the change seems too be slow. LTG team came in and quickly made decisions, where they may not fully understand the implications of those changes. Time will tell, and LTG is admittedly willing to make mistakes along the way to ensure speed of change.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the customers and be open to understanding where you may have overlooked impacts as part of the transition. PeopleFluent is greater than a learning product, and customer challenges will be different as a result of their business pains.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at PeopleFluent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast Paced
    New Management team is amazing - focused on clients & product innovation
    Really enjoy the people that I work with
    Depth of expertise on our teams

Cons

There has been a lot of change in the past around strategy that has inhibitied our success. The new strategy is exciting. It's focused on positively implacting the customer experience and investing in our products. I am excited to see the changes that happen in these coming months.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer. Develop a strategy that ensure client success is at the core.