Planview Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Gregory S. Gilmore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance for a tech company (in 10 reviews)

• Great people working wonders in a challenging market (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management gossips a lot; talks badly about their team to other people (in 4 reviews)

• Wages are not competitive; new hire salaries tend to be higher than seasoned employees (in 2 reviews)

1. "Director"

I have been working at Planview full-time

Pros

We are an industry leader and innovator in our space which creates an atmosphere of opportunity to stretch skills, create something new, and influence the market and the customers we serve.

Cons

Planview is on a strong growth curve with many changes under way. While they are positive, it can be a challenge to keep up.

Advice to Management

Work hard to ensure the original Planview culture and family stay intact through this growth period

2. "Amazing People and Company Culture"

Current Employee - Corporate Marketing Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Marketing Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview part-time

Pros

I started working at Planview as a full-time summer marketing intern, and can honestly say it was the greatest experience, all thanks to the amazing people and environment. There wasn't a single day out of the summer that I didn't look forward to going to work. Everyone on my team always made themselves available to help and clearly wanted me to get the most out of my internship. Having that kind of support and encouragement was invaluable. I have continued as a part-time associate through the school year.

Cons

It takes some time to become familiar with all the different solutions and various messaging, but that's something I had expected.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of encouraging collaboration among employees and offering support!

"Love this place"

I have been working at Planview full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic people to work with and a great industry presence. Love our customers

Cons

Some struggles moving to a multi-product company but that has a high focus by the C team.

Advice to Management

Execute on the vision and leverage the great analyst ratings and the future is very bright.

"A Company that Cares"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been here for about 6 months and I can tell you, without a doubt, this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for in my 15 year career. The C-level executives have an open door policy which they truly adhere to. The CEO is approachable and cares about all of the employees. The managers encourage you to learn as much as you can to build your skillset and to make yourself marketable. The employees here are thoughtful, brilliant and FUN!! The relaxed dress code, benefits and amazing office space don't even make it feel like I'm going to work.

Cons

Some employees take advantage of all of the great perks that come with working here. It's also a little far from where I currently reside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible work at being TRUE managers and encouraging your employees! It means the world!

5. "Change is a good thing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• The company has been changing and evolving a lot in the past 3 1/2 years. It started with an acquisition by Insight, then Planview acquired 3 companies in 3 1/2 years, then Planview was acquired to Thoma Bravo in January 2017. There has been significant employee and market share growth. In the past year new leaders have been hired into the company. For example a new Chief Marketing Officer, 4 Directors of Marketing, EVP Commercial Sales, EVP Enterprise Sales and Chief Information Officer
    • The Executives are very approachable and have an open door policy
    • Massive hiring in the Commercial Sales and Marketing teams in Austin
    • There is a good mix of long time employees and new employees hired over the past 3 ½ years
    • Great new office space with stand up desks, unlimited soft drinks, coffee, cereal, game room, happy hours and catered meals
    • Flexible work hours and overall the employees are very nice

Cons

• Growth and change is almost always a challenge and painful for employees
    • Some areas are lacking processes and need automation. Fortunately, this is low hanging fruit that the company is open to improve
    • The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 because no company is perfect

"Southern Cult Software Company"

Pros

New Office building. Office Close to Home. Parking available to employees. Just put your phone on VM with no message.

Cons

It's like a cult church that everybody knows that's there but most don't want to be members, The goal is to fly through your purchased hours so fast that you just can't not trust them. Then they send a guy to tell you that what you really want is out of scope. They integrate with nothing successfully. They will deliver a bunch of bad code but that's all I've really seen. Somebody has ties to Gartner because it's impossible for them to get the ranking they do.

"Get out now, starting to fill up with crap employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Planview full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, used to have great people to work with, ping pong table and snacks, easy to stand out if you are actually good at your job

Cons

Everyone is gaming the system to hit their numbers, which leads to poor quality opportunities. all the stellar management has left and everyone left is overwhelmed. Compensation is below industry norms and no incentive to go above and beyond. Too easy to coast and not care

Advice to Management

Spend a few extra dollars to get better employees and recruit from the talent pool available instead of mass hiring the cheapest ones through Craigslist. Prepare people for the decisions that will be made instead of dropping bombs on people. (We were told they were looking for a new office 3-4 times, then management came back months later and told everyone they were eliminating the sf office entirely)

"HORRIBLE Upper Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (More than a year)

Pros

my commute is not a long one.

Cons

They run this organization like crud. IF you can avoid working here, do so.

Advice to Management

stop being so reactionary. Try to understand what the issue is by actually asking all parties involved before jumping to conclusions.

"60 People Laid Off"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Planview full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ You can coast in this company + Company Leadership not so bright

Cons

+ Working with inexperienced people + People hired from craigslist and staffing firms for bottom dollar prices that are not your project management experts.

Advice to Management

No idea how you even got on the Magic Quadrant

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - SDR in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - SDR in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great product, Awesome Culture, Great career path, Great attitudes. I want to come to work everyday and don't have to fake it.

Cons

New hires sit around a bit before actually contributing

Advice to Management

Management is awesome