Planview Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2020

3.3
Planview President and Chief Executive Officer Gregory S. Gilmore (no image)
Gregory S. Gilmore
Pros
Cons
  • "Office location is a little out of the way for me (North Austin)(in 5 reviews)

• "Missed integrations after multiple M&A exercise, due to lack of experience of senior management(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Planview full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work/life balance, and spectacular people to work with.

Cons

Not many cons, but if you’re only in it for the money, it’s probably not for you.

2. "Good Experience horrible culture"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Austin, TX

I worked at Planview full-time

Pros

Nice office and some decent people to work with.

Cons

Very clique-like environment. Everyone knows someone from C-level and are the only ones that get to keep their job even if the company is doing bad.

"Loved it , just no Room to grow"

4.0
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Austin, TX

I worked at Planview full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Witnessed the growth from start up to being what it is today and the innovation drive has always been there There is a true sense of belonging

Cons

With growth comes pain and some of the painpoints are just being ignored or buried which makes work for those who care hard to the breaking point Being owned by an investment company to date makes the drive of the company shift , an investment company is there to leverage their investment and the return on investment is sometimes to the detriment of the company long term Feels there is way too much overhead , from lean delivery teams we have too many segmented titles involved

"Biggest Joke, Ever"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Planview full-time for more than a year

Pros

I made a lot of assumptions coming here and that’s part my fault. They have a very slim customer base which means they find ways of making sure the customer pays.

Cons

Most of the labor comes from diverse backgrounds including overseas help. Many have never managed projects. So if you want to have big margins then hire resources for rick bottom prices which billing industry standard rates. So embarrassed I’m here.

"You won’t make much money selling, but you will have time to improve your ping pong skills."

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a ping pong table and the management team doesn’t micromanage. Most people are nice and the office looks cool. They pay ramp for the first six months.

Cons

Deals take too long considering the relatively small average deal size. Very, very few customers see the product as having much value- all my customers quit using the product before I even started. There are almost no new logo leads and reps rely on run rate business for at least half to maybe all of their revenue, depending on the rep/ territory. Therefore, if they give you a territory without a growing customer base, you’re set up for failure. The leads are handled by SDRs who weren’t trained and basically just send emails all day while watching YouTube videos. Most people who like being AEs here were promoted from within. The SC team is super complacent and not very helpful. If you’re an outside candidate, you’ll likely quit within a year.

6. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to work.Very competetive

Cons

No process especially in the Engineering team

"Not set up for success"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Planview full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great products and clear vision of what they're trying to be as a WRM provider.

Cons

There's a lack of training, direction, and cross departmental cooperation to ensure the sales teams are set up for success. Part of the problem is growing pains (2 acquisitions in my time there) but management seemed okay to let poor performance slide without trying to change behavior or enable the sales team to do better. Could be fixed easily with some communication up and down the chain, as well as providing some cooperation from the SC, Product, and CS teams but they're so focused on growing that it gets lost in the shuffle.

"Great People! Fast Evolving Company!"

I have been working at Planview full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Executive Management is approachable and easy to talk to. CEO is a great speaker, engaging and transparent. Every group\department is willing to help out in any way they can from sales to support to implementation. Work environment cannot be better. You are not confined to a desk. There are many other open areas to sit, meet, or communicate.

Cons

Not really a Con, but the company is rapidly changing so you have to exceed in a fast paced environment with an ever changing landscape.

"Disappointing sales leadership"

2.0

I worked at Planview full-time

Pros

Hard to come up with any

Cons

Every 3-6 months there is significant change in sales organizational structure, territory alignment and sales compensation plans. ULTRA micromanagement and weak team leadership at the sales management and executive levels. Effectiveness of business development and demand generation was extremely misleading.

Continue reading

"Great company, great leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Planview full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CEO is inspiring, approachable, and transparent. Rapid growth and opportunities. Executive staff listens to your ideas. Work with some amazing people. Relaxed atmosphere, great office and culture.

Cons

Like most companies that are growing quickly there are changes to the organization that happen often. If you don’t embrace change and growth, might not be the place for you.

Found 115 reviews