Polyconcept Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Michael Bernstein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at Polyconcept full-time

Pros

Great opportunities for travel / job security as a designer / openness to be extremely creative / good benefits package / relatively well managed (especially when compared against competitors in the promotional product industry and other creative companies in the area) / great opportunities for learning new skills / lots of interaction with other departments to help with job efficiency / Greta opportunity to create lasting connections/friends

Cons

While salaries are competitive to the area, the personal compensation growth is slow. I know that's typical but often the salary growth is given in bonuses which are rarely received as they are dependent upon the company's overall performance. Non-salaried employees are not quite fairly compensated. Work load is INTENSE. Responsibilities are vast even for junior level and mid level employees. The location is terrible (limits possible talent acquisition and is a lot of travel for many) The work/life balance is sub-par at it's very best. The expectations to put work first are always omnipresent.

Advice to Management

Management could be more transparent (some topics are made to seem very top secret when there is not really a need for this as it creates speculation and gossip - yuk). Honesty is always better and easier. Dramatic effect due to certain policies is unnecessary. This bars all personal confiding among employees and management as that is sometimes a benefit and goes more under a PRO than a CON.

"Run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Production in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Production in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Polyconcept full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay you just enough so you don't starve.

Cons

The turn over rate should tell you everything you need to know.

"Wasting Potential - Grow smarter not just faster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at Polyconcept full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonable base pay for office staff, standard top five holidays paid off, some areas have flexibility in shift adjustments & you can take PTO in 15 minute increments. A comparable health benefit package, and some retirement savings matching. Onsite cafe for one building out of the four in the complex, but vending in the other areas.

Cons

Parking is a challenge for anything other than first shift in relation to the employee entrances. Profit sharing doesn't exist any more. Staff input is not acted on for even basic items. Management is completely disconnected from the staff & day to day processes.

Advice to Management

Quit spending on consultants time & time again & learn to LISTEN to your employees. No amount of management team building will teach you how to repair the complete lack of value you have for your core work forces in all areas.

"Shipping Handler"

Current Employee - Shipping Handler in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Shipping Handler in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Long hours including overtime with good benefits.

Cons

Twelve hour shifts with a low amount of pay.

5. "Polyconcept"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in China, MI
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in China, MI

I worked at Polyconcept (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teammates are nice, salary is fine

Cons

Management always change and need to adapt

Advice to Management

Stable Management

"Poor work environment"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in New Kensington, PA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in New Kensington, PA

I worked at Polyconcept full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Under appreciated by upper management, hostile work environment. No communication between employees and upper management.

Cons

Entire company is a mess, can barely keep new employees. Low pay compared to other companies by a large amount

Advice to Management

Actually hear your employees out, they may just be numbers to you, but your business is just as replaceable by a company that pays better for the same amount of work

"No room for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at Polyconcept full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-They pay you (barely)
    -Always has overtime (To the point you no longer feel you have a life)

Cons

-Hostile working environment for factory workers.
    -Easy to fire people for the wrong reasons.
    -Management is not trained and completely unprofessional.
    -Poor communication between office workers and labor workers on factory floor.
    -No transparency for the direction the company is heading.
    -They do not pay fair wages for labor force.
    -Safety is number one if it does not cost them money.
    -Labor Force on factory floor is not trained.
    -People who actually do good work is depended to be back bone of the whole factory.

I have been working there for over 6 years now, seen them fire 5 different production managers and went through 4 bosses. I stopped bothering building friendships with people I work with because one week, month, or year I work with them then they are fired as well. I have been written up for going to the hospital. This place is not a good place to work.

Advice to Management

How about actually rewarding people based on their performance. I do more than what is asked for and I get 21 cents raise when constantly asked for improvements on artwork and different methods on applying the art... Not even my job yet you lean on me for it and threaten to fire me when I say I am not talking about what I know.

"Not challenged, not rewarded, not noticed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at Polyconcept full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location and some flexibility with telecommuting although the hoops you have to jump through may make it not worth your time and is only at the discretion of your manager.

Cons

No transparency. No room for professional growth and no opportunity for professional development. I was once told that I cannot expect my teammates to have the same work-ethic as I do...and my work-ethic is to actually do work.

Advice to Management

Treat your salary employees as well as your hourly employees. You do nothing to obtain and retain good talent. Middle management actually demotivates your employees.

"Dont work here."

I worked at Polyconcept (More than 3 years)

Pros

At least some of the upper management is dumb enough that if you throw numbers at them they get convused and run away. You can work from home if your boss doesnt suck, lets face it this job can be done from a phone half the time.

Cons

Management, always no help, no ideas, and constant bickering you should do "better" without telling you what you are "lacking".
    Health care sucks"
    Morale of the office is terrible, everyone there hates it and is constantly looking for somewhere else to look, unless they are horribly uneducated and are stuck there, or will not move.
    The president of hard goods is a moron who has no idea what hes doing, hes simply a drone that floats around agreeing with anyone that has an original idea, or what his boss says. Sad man.

Advice to Management

Hire quality talent, not the cheapest you can find. It really reflects on the company and yourselves that you are not risk takers, nor adhere to the industry standards of quality management.

"Poly Concept just say no"

Pros

Good hard working work force

Cons

Management is absolutely Nuts worst morale I have ever worked around

Advice to Management

Get a clue and listen to your employees